1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[2059] Landing on spikes while receiving fall stun/damage sometimes neglects spike damage

Discussion in 'Archive' started by epsilon, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit
    Build number: 2059
    Description: If you land on spikes and receive fall stun/damage at the same time, sometimes the damage you should receive from the spikes is neglected. This occurs in single-player and multi-player.
    Steps to reproduce:
    Go into sandbox.
    2. Place spikes on dirt ground.
    3. Ladder up.
    4. Jump off the ladders at a height which should deal stun or little fall damage and land on the spikes.
    Screenshots/Videos: N/A.

Kazaco: Fixed in latest build

franek123 likes this.
  2. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

There also seem to be instances where you fall on spikes from a normal height (no stun/dmg) and the damage is neglected. I think it normally happens if you fall down from 1 block above very slowly though.

3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

That's exactly like when you slowly walk into a sideways facing trampoline. Instead of bouncing sideways you slowly walk through it.
    I think it's the same case with spikes. If you slowly move of the side of a block and fall onto spikes one block below it doesn't give you damage.
    These could be bugs though.

4. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I always tought those 2 were on purporse. Please, don't "fix"/change the side or slow walking thing on spikes and trampolines. They're a useful and fair feature.

Kazaco: Waiting for Dev reply

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2016
    epsilon likes this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Slow walking down onto spikes/through tramps is ok imo - kind of strange that fall damage somehow cancels spike damage though? Because they're totally unrelated.

Testing it now, it does seem to check out. I've got a feeling it's like, colliding with the terrain first, that's slowing you down, and then the spikes don't see the damage - I'll stick it on the list and see what I can do.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fixed

Osmal, SlayerSean and epsilon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.