1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Sun Tzu - The Art of Jab

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Eluded, Dec 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Let's talk about jab. I think it's true power is not understood.

• When should you jab?
    • When should you not jab
    • When is jab better than slash
    • What are some cool techniques with jab

2. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

always jab, jab is 2 fast 4 em all, jabspam is best techniques

Sytoplasma likes this.
  3. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

Jab is good for fighting knight, archer builder and fish. Slash should not be used unless against buildings.

Sytoplasma and BarsukEughen555 like this.
  4. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

A jab execution right after a slash is actually faster to execute than two consecutive jabs (potentially due to the jabspam nerf a few updates back)

For me it feels fast enough that the single jab after the slash will connect before the enemy is able to raise their shield again to block.

Against a shielding enemy what this means is:
    Slash (shield break) + Slash + Jab
    = 3:heart:dmg

Compared to;
    Slash (shield break)+ Slash = 2:heart:dmg

Sometimes sneaking that extra :heart: of damage might be enough to kill a enemy.

Note that to jab again after the first jab will come with the regular delay however, so only pile on the pressure if you can predict for some reason the opponent will not go on the defense after the slash slash jab combo.

This jab technique is perfect when facing down solo knights but may be more risky against large groups (e.g. enemy teammates rush in to shield
    while you slash jab their friend)

Good fencing ladies and gentlemen
    :sword::smug:

Sytoplasma and Magmus like this.
  5. Eluded

Yeah slash -> jab is very potent although the danger is that the jab gets shielded and you get stunned. For some reason I find this hard to do quickly though. Do you have a trick for it? If you click too early after slash then the jab doesn't go through.

What's also a nice combo is stomp :heart: -> slash :heart::heart: -> jab :heart: -> ded 25252525

6. BarsukEughen555

only works vs nonshielding enemies, also double slash is more reliable and gives no chance to an enemy you stunned
    also, i'd change the jab for a 2health stomp tbh lol, if you also add double slash instead of normal slash this is insta death even for shielding enemy

7. Eluded

With double slash though you have to be slashing as you fall, which is fine if you can fall from quite high up and thus build up some speed, but if you don't have that height then the enemy knight can often jump up and counterslash. It's less risky to fall shield-first without slashing because there is no counter play to that. In CTF though you're right - double slashing while falling from your tower onto the knights below is the way to go :flex:

8. BarsukEughen555

shields op pls buff

9. Eluded

Here's another nice jab trick; a short shield dash to stun someone followed by a jab. If you're fast you can keep someone stunlocked and do a few of them.

[​IMG]

SirDangalang likes this.
  10. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

jab with lag

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I always thought this trick for extra damage should be removed or nerfed: it feels rather unfair "hey, you just got slashed 2 times, please take with you this extra heart of damage as well"

Jabbing properly is not as easy as just spamming, and dealing furtive jabs on a knight dance (a one where nobody runs away to charge slashes and where knights try to hit each other constantly, using the enviroment most of the times) is very tricky and really satisfying in my opinion.
    Jabbing is useful for cancelling an enemy slash charge, sometimes a slash charging knight gets surprised if you jab (and hit) him, as the charge gets cancelled, and they suddenly don't know what to do (there are quite a few players that can face this trick properly, instead of running away to charge a new slash). The problem with it is that the counter jab is too fast: once you jab an enemy, he jabs back and you can't shield fast enough, thus it seems a random technique.

I'd like to see some more visual research on jabbing @Eluded, looks cool, the jab is the black sheep of the knighting.

SirDangalang, PUNK123 and Eluded like this.
  12. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Simple:
    upload_2016-12-20_18-55-50.png

13. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Always jab builders. Jab archers when in close space or 1 hp. Jab knights when they are 1hp. Jab knights charging dubleslashed when youre both closed in close space. Jab knights when they jab your shield. Jab.

Magmus and epsilon like this.
  14. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Or just spam jab,
    this is done by pressing your index finger
    upload_2016-12-22_13-10-38.jpeg
    On mouse 1
    ssss.png
    (This will do extreme damage)

15. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

!!!slash=hack engine!!!
    jab is the only honourable attack, for knights shall perish of a hundred wounds to their chest in defending their Konungr; this is both tactically engaging & historically accurate, as St. thomas well said once:​
    [​IMG]
    thou shall jabbeth until thy heart stabbeth

(btw he is looking at my pic cause im a hot grill u know :) )

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  16. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Damn his hair is making me salivate