1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Catapult: Allow the player decide launching teamates instead of stones

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by bru-jaz, Dec 20, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

It's very annoying when you are on a catapult shooting, looking forward where the target is, and suddenly, some teamate hops in and ruins your momentum. Even there're moments when you deploy a catapult knowing it wont last very long, so every shoot counts, then there's always some jerk that wants to take advantage of the free transport and wreck your strategy.
    Hell, ive even been insulted by teamates that hop on my catapult when i was shoting on short range because they thought ive launched them at low strengh on purporse, without thinking my sight was on the target instead of my character. (One time i was ragevotekicked because of that).
    There're times in kag when is more important to boost teamates to the front, and times (like when you are right in front of the enemy flag room) that the stone missiles make way more damage to the enemy than one guy jumping over the side base.

So, please, please: Consider adding an option like "hold/press button -like spacebar- to toggle throwing people" when on catapult, so this will stops from happening. If the option is disabled, the teamate can still jump on the driver's seat if it has wheels, but goes through the bucket. If it's enabled, it works normally.

mcrifel likes this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I feel like this would be an over complicated thing to add tbh. If it were to be added there needs to be a visible way to see which 'setting' it's on. I wouldn't want to go all the way up to the catapult just to not be able to hop in it.

Magmus likes this.
  3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I know. But think about the cases i described: You are a couple of blocks away from the enemy flag room. The next wave of enemies are coming, so you have only 3 shots at best. You don't finish the first one when an idiot hops in just to get a boost of a few blocks.
    That's not fair. The root problem is, at least in public games (ive never seen how a clan match goes), the teamplay tought is non existent. So, instead of a "please, dont get in this catapult" that demands time and the good will of your teamates, a game function would be more effective...

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Just the title itself sounds logical. Tapping [E] while sitting at the launcher position could work, just like archers changing between arrow types.

bru-jaz likes this.
  5. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

to complicated. just shoot the bugger a short distance.

epsilon likes this.
Mods: Rainbows