1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Taking gold out of a storage takes only 50

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Blue_Tiger, Dec 22, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

It's annoying having to take 250 gold with you when you're trying to take the minimum neccesary to get a tunnel up at mid.

It'd be useful for a similar thing with wood/stone. Maybe holding the inventory key (F by defualt I think) while clicking the resource would give only 50 of it.

It'd also be great if the storage inventory didn't close every time you took something out.

2. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

yes good point

3. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Just gonna bump this because it needs more attention. Nobody ever needs to take out >50 gold from storage at any one time (okay there are some situations), and it's literally the worst thing trying to make a tunnel at mid/front and dying and losing all your gold because it's impossible to split the stack. Please make gold come out in lots of 50.

4. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Amen

Biurza and Coroz like this.
  5. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

@Pirate-Rob already added this to his gold floats mod i think, or maybe that was just for taking gold out of inventories but i think it's the same thing,

6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That would be the best option, picking gold 50 automatically.
    What I do if I only need 50 and there's let's say 140 in the storage, I pick it all, make a boat shop, drop the remaining 90 back into the storage and destroy the boat shop to get its 50.

Biurza likes this.
  7. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

But then what would you need the 50 for? A siege shop? Why not make that in the first place?
    I guess what you do would only be helpful if you are trying to take the gold to a further away part of the map. That way if you die you won't lose all the gold. Is that how you do use it?

8. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Personally I agree, perhaps when taking something out of the storage have a bar at the bottom where you can type how much you wish to take? And do this with every resource? Even with stone, you don't exactly wish to give 250 stone too the enemy.

9. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

You forgot that tunnels existed...
    I think typing the amount you want is really unnecessary, especially doing it for each item you want to take. KAG's inventory/gui was designed to be fast and easy so this would make it much slower to take items from storage.
    How many times do you think you would only want to take out 50 wood or stone? I think gold should be the only item where it takes out 50 at a time since no one needs more than that at a time. If they do want more they can just drag gold into their inventory twice which doesn't sound too bad.

Magmus, franek123 and joshua12131415 like this.
  10. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

What about to make same post. +1

11. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

This I think is the way to go, though with wood and stone I suggest it be 100.

12. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

y not make it so when you hold the Taunt button you will only take 50 of thingies?
    imho using same button for both opening inventory and selecting the resource is kinda shiet, especially when you are laggy

13. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Whats the point of adding extra controls when the only problem is gold? Most people just want to take 50 or 100 gold at a time so you may as well lower the amount of gold taken at a time.
    You never go "ah I only want to build 5 wood blocks so I'll only take 50 wood" or "I need exactly 350 wood blocks and 450 to make the base". You just take enough for what you need to do and go on your merry way.

14. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Seems alittle too time consuming, maybe 1 click on the icon=50 mats? If multiple clicks are allowed then this could be done pretty quickly

15. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Taking 50 gold that way was for taking it to the front, in order to make a teleporter at mid. Yeah otherwhise just directly do the shop.

16. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yeah, meant along with that way. However clicks could work.

17. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Inventory stuff is hardcoded, so the option is either reimplement the storage inventory as it's own, separate thing (possible, but not appealing), change the behaviour for everything else (not appealing, probably has wide sweeping effects), or just live with it.
    I'll consider the first at some point, but at the moment it's not a priority for me. It's one of those things that if it was as easy as it sounds, I'd be happy to do it.

epsilon likes this.
Mods: Rainbows