1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Major League Kag is back again with season 3!

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by mcrifel, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Satisfied with the rules that you've put in place. I think that if you play one map on U.S. or EU that you should have to play that exact map on the other side so that way each side has an equal chance. The advantages and disadvantages of those maps seriously impact the match and the amount of time it takes for a side to win. Third map should be fine to do whatever, but consistency is important if you're going to determine the third round based off a timer that can be easily impacted
    Other than that, rules are fair ::D:

2. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I agree.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

But does it really matter all that much unless the maps themselves are unbalanced? I mean, sure, if your clan has only practiced playing on certain maps with the lag going a certain way then you'd want to make sure you had a chance to play the map the way you liked it, if any given map is a "fair" map, then surely it's irrelevant who is lagging on that particular map? Or am I missing some kind of lag-based voodoo that interferes with players unequally depending on the map?

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

The server round 3 is played on is decided by which team cap the flags fastest. In the TOXIC vs MIST match we played the only 1-flag map in the MLK mapcycle so we had to play the same map round 2 to make it fair, obviously since 2 flags are harder to cap than 1.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Fuzzle like this.

5. A couple of points to answer here:

1. Maps are all balanced, I never said they weren't
    2. Ping influences the combat system in KAG so that the lower ping is obviously favored in a fight (thats obvious) Who wins a fight in the combat system depends on the angle which they attack from and the timing.
    3. I don't know how far you've actually looked into the situation but the rules of MLK are 1 round on each continent and the third round server location is determined by which team beats the other team faster on their continent (if a third round is needed).
    All maps play out differently than each other and I'm sure you can agree with me on that. Some maps are gigantic hills that require the hill to be captured for dominance, or middle being an ocean that is difficult to acquire. Now lets take an example:

1. Round 1 plays on a gigantic hill that once captured can setup a ballista to rain down on the other team, by all means retaking mid from such a threat is no simple task, which can take precious time and effort to reclaim, or this simply could spell the end of the round and give you a loss
    2. Round 2 plays on a flat map, middle is just a tower that you can setup, it takes time to establish and can constantly be contested and taken back with ease, a direct opposite to Round 1, a gigantic hill that can be used to burrow and setup a bunch of doors and stone all wrapped in a premade cave made out of dirt.

As you can probably guess, the time it takes to win on these maps is clearly different from one another, because its a completely different terrain, and it brings its advantages and disadvantages. The time is different, and if a team is given the map that takes longer to win, they automatically forfeit the 3rd round (if needed) to the opposite continent's server.
    Hopefully that answers any questions you have, if not I'm happy to oblige.

franek123, _Cuffs_, Fuzzle and 4 others like this.
  6. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I can help your team with this problem, Just hit me up on discord "TheDetective781#8965" Or on steam "Agent Hightower" Or here (P.S I have the same profile picture in discord and steam)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 1, 2017 ---
    If you want of course

7. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

So the offer is off?

8. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah, I talked with crux about that i can't do the offer and all that in our steam chat on steam since i get busy a lot so i changed my mind sadly, Good luck in fighting in the tourney

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ah. That would be the piece of information I was missing. Cheers for the courteous breakdown. ::):

dual_chiecken likes this.
  10. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Real quick question; What are the rules regarding disqualification / forfeits? I've been threatened by a few clans about it, and a lot of clans are
    constantly changing times / dodging matches against us. I'd like to know if there's a concrete rule in place to make sure that while no one can consistently avoid matches and waste people's time, also making sure that no one is being penalised unfairly. I haven't seen anything in the discussion threads about it, so it'd be great if you could illuminate me. thanks.

@mcrifel @Stevedog

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. xXDustXx

xXDustXx Ballista Bolt Thrower

I don't see why an aus and eu team dont vs on a us server, or eu and us on an aus server. Both teams would have equal ping, fix mlk please

12. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

eu would have the advantage on a us server with aus vs eu except if it is a west coast server but we don't have that. Same story with us vs eu but then us would have the advantage and no one likes playing with bad ping.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 18, 2017 ---
    As you may have noticed, MLK eu server has been down for about a week now. I had a bunch of problems with it and they should soon be fixed!

Biurza likes this.
  13. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@mcrifel you haven't posted a scoreboard in months. any time soon?

epsilon likes this.
  14. mcrifel

1. MIST

I apologise for that, I haven't had too much time for that, however you can always see the text version of the scoreboard on the main post.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2017 ---
    european mlk server is back up!

SirDangalang, Biurza and epsilon like this.
  15. So is the freeplay period over on April 14th then?

16. mcrifel

1. MIST

The freeplay period is over on the 20th of april.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 15, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 3, 2017 ---

The end of the freeplay period is near!

That is right! only 5 more days until the end of the freeplay period, this means we will also start doing the semi finals soon! 29 matches have been played in total this season and perhaps a few more to come. Considering how the state of Competitive KAG is that is pretty darn good. I know this MLK probably wasn't the best and I am totally not the man who should be doing this but I hope you guys at least enjoyed it a little bit!

So to freshen up on what will happen: After the free play period ends there will be no more earning points for MLK, the top 4 clans in the leader board will move onto the semi finals,

The clan that is first will go against the clan that is third,
    The clan that is second will go against the clan that is fourth,

The winners of those matches go to the finals and the losers fight for third place.

The date and time for the semi finals/finals will be decided in the next weekend as I will be in Berlin when the free play period ends (if any KAG players want to meet up let me know).

Here we have the official MLK anthem sung by @SirDangalang

RECAP OF MLK

Now this will be a long one, as I have not done the weekly updates as I promise and for that I am very sorry.

TOXIC - 11 points
    MIST - 7.5 points
    SURGE - 5.5 points
    MaJoR - 2 points
    AG# - 2 points

Omega - 1 point

SURGE vs K.J.B

this was a quick 4v4 with SURGE against the short lasting K.J.B earning SURGE 1 point

No Recordings

SURGE vs TOXIC

TOXIC's only defeat against powerful SURGE

Recorded by @-Tj-

TOXIC vs MaJoR

Toxic is again victorious, this time over the MaJoR clan, that doesn't mean MaJoR didn't put up a fight!

Recorded by @-Tj-

MIST vs AG#

For me a very nostalgic match, MIST and AG finally get in the ring together after 2 years and MIST finally beats #AG

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Recorded and Commentated by @boagboy and @SirDangalang

TOXIC vs FLUFFY

TOXIC played against FLUFFY yeah...don't really know what happened other than that TOXIC won!

No Recordings

TOXIC vs OMEGA

OMEGA enters the scene and well loses, don't be fooled though, they will become a power house shortly!

Recorded by @-Tj-

MaJoR vs Uh-Oh

A rather quick round won by MaJoR

No Recordings as far as I know

TOXIC vs GSLINT

A mixed clan vs TOXIC, TOXIC wins this match!

Any recordings of this?

SURGE vs OMEGA

Omega is back again this time against the power house SURGE who also ends up winning

No Recordings

MIST vs MaJoR

A clan war spanning 3 weeks with MIST ending up victorious!

No Recordings

SURGE vs GS

Surge wins against GS in well in a clan war

No Recordings

MIST vs AG#

MIST and AG are back at it again with MIST emerging victorious!

Recorded by @boagboy

OMEGA vs CLUCK

Omega finally has a victory, I tell you this clan will be big!

No Recordings

MIST vs OMEGA

OMEGA is becoming a frequent fighter, always tough to beat but does end up getting beaten.

No Recordings

AG# vs OMEGA

AG and OMEGA have a showdown with AG winning!

Recorded by @mcrifel

AG# vs OMEGA

AG wins against OMEGA twice in a row! Also btw just realised this one was done before the last one

No Recordings

MIST vs OMEGA

OMEGA fights hard and does really well in the second round but gets beaten in the end

No Recordings

TOXIC vs FuRy

TOXIC enters back into the scene and fights against FuRy, TOXIC wins

No Recordings

MIST vs OMEGA

OMEGA truly wants to beat MIST but well it doesn't work out, I just noticed this match doesn't have a page.

No Recordings
    EDIT: So apperently you can't put that much into a spoiler

SURGE vs GLINT

GLINT got beaten rather quickly but an interesting match nonetheless

No Recordings

Lastly I want people to vote over here

This is to decide whether or not water will be BANNED in the (semi) finals.

Phew that took a huge bite out of my day!

I hope I haven't missed anything, and now I will end this post.

Happy Easter Everyone!

17. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  18. mcrifel

1. MIST

nope, finals still coming but people wanted to wait untill after exams

epsilon, Fuzzle and an_obamanation like this.
  19. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Since my clan was formed after MLK began are we allowed to compete for MLK points or is it too late?

20. mcrifel

1. MIST

its too late for that, if there is ever a 4th mlk you can compete in that.

PUNK123 and Fuzzle like this.