1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MLK s3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by mcrifel, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I mean if you're the last guy on your team, you can use water to stun the many of the enemies at once to stop them pushing so you can wait for backup.

2. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

so one archer can stop practically any rush? that sounds extremely unbalanced. if the knights tore through the enemy team, their push shouldnt be halted by a single tower camping archer.
    how about instead, you can stun one of them (most likely the builder) until your entire team comes back.

3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The classic "how to fix water arrows" full-page discussion with as many different suggestions as there are replies ::P:

If you guys are gonna keep this going I recommend making another thread

4. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

These are all valid reasons. But it's much easier to have a knight main just quickly switch to archer, use whatever arrows, and be done with it. This basically means that there's no reason for anyone to main archer, since the need for them is basically non-existent. Just have a knight main quickly go archer whenever needed.

5. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I see your point as well. Increasing the price or setting it to where you get 1 water arrow instead of 2 would balance it. This way you won't have 8 water arrows, you'll have like 3 or 4. You can win a game on opening push if all your knights get stuck in the 40 min water stun lock. That is if your builder is ready, it's just aids imo. You can have the best knight power in the world, but the water negates everything.

6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Only if she has water arrows, which cost coins, take up space in inventory and are normally used up at the end of a battle. Also, you can't really stun everyone at once, shielding against water arrows will stop it hitting you if it doesn't hit you directly and it can only hit 1 person directly.

7. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Is there a way to change the stack limit of water arrows with mods? We could make it so water arrows only stack to 1 so you can only spam a certain amount of arrows until you need to restock.
    This could fix the issue of spamming since you only have limited water arrows to use at a time.

8. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I love this idea, and it is easy to change the stacks of items so its totally doable.

9. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

But there's still the issue of buying as many water arrows as you can and giving them to the archer. You can keep a stockpile at spawn too so there will still always be water spam but not as long/frequent.

10. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

should I rename this thread "competitive water arrow"?

11. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

reduce the stack, reduce the cost.

12. Potatobird

So, uh, maybe I'm just not seeing it but aren't the standings posted anywhere in this forum? Shouldn't there be a "MLK s3 Announcements + Standings" thread or something?

13. mcrifel

1. MIST

14. Potatobird

Yeah that's what I was looking for, and I think that's what he's talking about - those are posted in the thread he linked, but I think the most recent one should always be edited to be in the OP and you also might want to link to that thread in the OP here, so it's easier to find

15. mcrifel

1. MIST

I'll do that when I get home

16. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@mcrifel @eps0003 has a lot of experience doing pixel art, and he has absolutely no life so he can update it regularly ::):

he did the oceania tourney's leaderboard and they're incredibly nice and official-looking. definitely get him to do it

17. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

pixel art photoshop
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 7, 2017 ---
    Where can I find an updated version of the leaderboard? I wonder if TOXIC is still on top after so long without any matches. :wink:

18. mcrifel

1. MIST

I have been a bit lazy when it came to the leaderboard. I'll remake it and put it at the mlk tournament page. Though I can say you are still on top.