1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Damage done tracked in TDM

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Kububv, Feb 3, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Kububv

Kububv Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This is just a simple idea I've had in my head for a bit. I think it would be nice for people to see how many hearts of damage they've done in TDM in addition to their KDR as usual. Everyone has had that moment where they've done 3 hearts of damage to a knight as archer or knight and then someone comes in out of nowhere and gets the kill. Those 3 hearts of damage currently mean nothing as far as the score is concerned. I guess the other thing that could remedy this is assists for kills, where you could get an assist point if you dealt damage to someone who died, but that should probably be a separate thread since this one is supposed to about damage done. Anyway, it's a simple idea, so there's not much to say here other than that I think it would be a nice addition to the scores. I also think this would help remedy the score discrepancy between knights and archers because of the bursts of damage knights are capable of when compared to archers. If anyone has any ideas to make this better or thinks it's a bad idea I would genuinely love to hear your thoughts. ::):

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

So basically a new score on the scoreboard which calculates average damage per round? I don't mind this idea but I think there are other more important things to implement atm.

Magmus likes this.
  3. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Yeah damage done would show you who is actually doing the work and not just KDA whoring!

Osmal likes this.
  4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Showing damage done to each player you hurt would be a bit useless considering how little hearts each person has. And there isn't really any point it knowing how much damage you specifically did to each player since they will most likely heal soon after taking damage and therefore the damage you dealt would become irrelevant. All I'm saying is that it would be difficult to calculate how how much damage you dealt to each player when its easy for them to heal and gain the health you took.

That's why I'm suggesting there's a scoreboard stat which calculates damage dealt and possibly also damage taken so you are able to see if you're doing your fair share of damage rather than just kill-stealing. If you deal less damage than kills than you would be kill-stealing, whereas if you have less kills than damage dealt it means you are not finishing off opponents or your teammates are stealing your kills.

In regards to the damage taken stat, if you have even deaths and damage taken it might mean you are always rushing in blindly and are greedy for kills. If you have taken more damage than kills that means you are thinking strategically and trying to stay alive.

I think these stats would also give players an idea of where to improve.

5. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Would be a rather useless stat, in my opinion. As with kills, it wouldn't be possible to conclude much off this stat. It's not a ratio - it's a cumulative stat. For example, wins / losses and a ratio would be much more concrete.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Magmus likes this.
  6. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

you could do for funz statistics how you got the kills. (shieldbash , stomps , bombs , kegs etc.)

epsilon likes this.
  7. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Just not in the scoreboard as suggested by the OP.

Mods: Rainbows