1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Teabag through wall shark glitch

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vampire, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Category: Client.

Operating system: Windows 7.

Build number: Build 1120

Description: The bug allows me to go through stone/wood blocks and sit on a shark then go back through the wall and hold the shark by repeatedly crouching and standing up with a players dead body in one spot.

Steps to reproduce: Make a stone bridge 2 blocks high above water with a shark in it. Stand on the bridge, grab a random players dead body and crouch and stand up really fast as if you would be teabagging him. Do this with the shark right beneath you in the water. After a while you should be able to glitch through the stone blocks and sit on the shark.

Screenshot haxor.png haxor2.png

Me and Cuci found this glitch while having a 1v1

Kazaco: Unlikely to be fixed unless abused severely

RampageX likes this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

This bug still occurs in build 2059. You were only able to grab the shark since it was outside of water, otherwise only you would glitch back above the platform without the shark.
    I used this bug to get under the bedrock in factions. I waited for it to swim down so when I got off I wouldn't glitch above the bedrock. Don't ask me why/how the shark was under the bedrock in the first place :D

EDIT: You don't actually need to be holding the player body to do this glitch. I think the easiest fix for this would be to lower the distance to be able to sit on the shark, meaning you need to be a bit closer to the shark to be able to ride it. If it's a smaller value (I'm assuming it's a value you can change) it might make it so you can't reach the shark while standing on blocks right above it.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    joshua12131415 and Vampire like this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The main problem here is that when you're "riding" a shark you don't collide with terrain, and the shark doesn't have collision for the spot that you're sitting, so that spot can be jammed through the terrain, then you can "get out" of the seat and hope that the terrain resolution code warps you up above. You can do a similar thing with the catapult back seat.

I'm not really sure what to do about it though, afair there's no colliding when in seats due to the joints not being box2d joints, and extending the shark collisions up that high doesn't make sense cause it's empty air (unlike the catapult roof)

4. This isn't a huge issue tbh. In all my KAG years I don't think I have seen anyone actually abuse or replicate it in an actual game but thanks for clearing it up!!!

Geti likes this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If it becomes the new meta to clip through walls with reversing catapults or rise through floors with sharks I'll look at it more seriously but yeah, I haven't seen it be a huge issue and I think time sunk into it at this point is unlikely to be time well spent :)

makmoud98 and Potatobird like this.
  6. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

At one point I used a dinghy to glitch through the roof of the underground map but I don't think it works anymore afaik. I think you're only able to glitch through 2-3 layers of blocks above you but anything more will just push you down. I will need to check this though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.