1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Map making contest (small maps) - free game for winner

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Cobramuziek86, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Hey there, I'm looking for some small maps (think 5v5) for my new server. Ofcourse I already made some myself, but for the sake of having some different styles/ideas on there I'd like to see what you guys come up with. Therefore: a map making contest!

newmap5v5.png To give you an idea about the size, here is a blank map you could start with. It doesnt have to be this size per se, its an example, but id like it to be around this size.

Prize support:

(at 5 or more competing mapmakers):
    first prize: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst (steam key)

(at 8 or more competing mapmakers):
    first prize: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst (steam key)
    second prize: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade (steam key)
    third prize: Attractio (steam key)

Maps will be judged on playability firstly, and aesthetic secondly. This means it helps if your map looks pretty, but im looking for 5v5 playable maps, no IKO-like stuff :)

GLHF!

MAP COMMENTARY

4_head @Arko: Plays well, but could be enhanced aesthetically

Abracadaver @PUNK123: Pls add bedrock around top lakes so half the map doesnt get flooded.

Arko_littlegarden @Arko: 2 water, pls less water :)

DeFuck @SJD3600: flags are 1 block low + front flags are in redzone

Earthquakes @asger75: pls make top island lower or more accessible, balli spam OP. Lower seems like a good solution, atm only archers can get up there without ladders.

Fish @mcrifel: simple but effective, plays nicely.

Hillagmus @Magmus: plays well, good map

Lemmesee @PUNK123: Personally not a fan of the water, but heard other players say they thought the map was cool.

Lost in the Thicket @SJD360: front flag close to redzone, and please remove plenty of trees xD great playable map otherwise.

Power @SJD360: Map has got great potential, but atm its too stalemate. Bottom flag is nearly untouchable due to dirtblock + close proximity to spawn. Getting to the flags during buildtime is harder than it should be, maybe something with more dirt backwall instead of blocks would work? Also: indestructable dirt/stone blocks due to close proximity to flag.

Riveragmus @Magmus: Lakes are still abit too large, too much water.

Salmon @mcrifel: Gap between spawn and ground is a bit large, and front flags are in the red zone, also, are they needed if you cant protect them?

Secret Dreams @SJD360: Bottom flags start at edge of redzone, maybe place em a bit more to the back? Could do with a bit more openness around the flags too :)

Simpleflatgmus: @Magmus: Simple, but good map. Red tent still flying, idk why xD A little bit less interesting than your hills map.

Tongas @asger75: Not a fan of the gaps, ppl start making islands with trapblocks, 2 stalemate. Seems more like an IKO map. Flags are 1 block too low, front flags are in red zone.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Earthquakes.png
    I thought I'd contribute.
    (I wasn't sure if ctf or not, either way in ctf the flag goes where I want it automatically :thumbs_up:)

3. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Indeed I will have a lot of fun with NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst :B):
    Jk, here is my map 25252525:thumbs_up:
    :builder:

Attached Files:

Arkros, epsilon, Biurza and 2 others like this.
  4. Boo

Attached Files:

5. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

I'll host the first three maps on the server soon :)

Biurza, FuzzyBlueBaron and Magmus like this.
  6. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

7. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

8. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Haven't made a map in a while, nor have I played KAG since last year, but I'll try making a couple.

Biurza and Cobramuziek86 like this.
  9. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Only if you feel like it ofcourse :)

Biurza likes this.
  10. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Nearly done making the first one.

Biurza likes this.
  11. Dark_Kingdom

Dark_Kingdom Arsonist

I'll grace your sight with my flawless map, enjoy <3
    EH-G.png

12. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

First map I've made in quite a long time, so it's pretty shitty. More will be uploaded tomorrow.

Power.png [​IMG]

13. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Oh fuck.

BarsukEughen555, Biurza and SJD360 like this.
  14. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Your shitty maps look better than my prettiest maps xD Lets see how it plays tho, looking forward to this one :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 20, 2017 ---
    5v5 map or cubistic modern art? not sure xD

BarsukEughen555, Biurza and SJD360 like this.
  15. Dark_Kingdom

Dark_Kingdom Arsonist

Why not both?

16. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

2nd map. I don't like this map, it's pretty empty. It's called something something I don't care, there's lots of trees in it though, you can remove a bunch if you want.
    Lost in the Thicket.png
    [​IMG]

Biurza, epsilon and BarsukEughen555 like this.
  17. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Oh fuck.

18. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

TOO MUCH FUCKING GOLD ON SPAWN

Magmus, BarsukEughen555 and The_Osz like this.
  19. a second , well In reality it is the third but the 2nd has a small problem with textures that do not appear in game , oh and I hate the symmetry

Attached Files: