1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Art Dump

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lizardheim, May 30, 2011.

1. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

How often do you come online? When I am there, which is usually by the UK evening, Russian middle of the night, there are on avg. 10-12 people... most often on either Unlimited Bombs RTDM or CTF
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 22, 2017 ---
    How to colors, someone help ;-;
    2017-03-20 19_28_37-Greenshot.png

TheBloodOfNight and Biurza like this.
  2. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

gimp is not good at all, so i cant rly help you, im coloring everything by hand using airbrush, by setting new layer under the thing i want to add color to [​IMG]

Biurza likes this.
  3. Cohen

Cohen Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester

Update.
    I've tried Krita (https://krita.org/) and it's pretty good, open source painting program.
    untitled11.jpg

feet, asger75, Elf and 7 others like this.
  4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Amazing use of lighting. Soo it's not a statue? Adding a face like that seems to completely change the subject.

I've seen the Drawabox series before. If ever I'm feeling the need to be productive, that'll probably on my list.

Here's a monk-looking guy I drew in class today:
    figure5.jpg
    Feet are still weird. Idk why I had him holding a rat. A lantern probably would've been better. Also, the rat has better gesture than the entire rest of the drawing.

asger75, Biurza, Elf and 5 others like this.
  5. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

Wololo!
    you guys draw hoomans , i don't know how to draw them :(

Biurza, Elf and Cohen like this.
  6. Bint

Bint Haxor

7. ieat2much

ieat2much Bison Rider

Yeah, I used to use Krita, I still have it but I don't use it as much. It has many features such as animation, it's basically a mix of the powerful Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint. I recently updated it, just to get the animation feature because just a year ago it was nonexistent, and the UI for this interface is so modern compared to the older version. Like Clip Studio paint you can change the UI to light or dark which imo is great, I would always make my interface dark in the winter and cold seasons, and white on the summer and spring seasons. It's just some weird idiosyncrasy of mine.:X3:

Then you should try!!! Drawing them sucks at first but once you know some stuff it's pretty fun drawing them in wacky things or poses.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 22, 2017 ---
    That's so cool and trippy. At first It was so slow because it took forever to render, I thought i was going crazy when the pictures were changing.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  8. Bint

Bint Haxor

gifs are the bane of my existence, I think the problem's with Gimp making filesizes disproportionately large.

ieat2much likes this.
  9. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

bint the creator of singularity o/

10. ieat2much

ieat2much Bison Rider

Feeling cool with when wearing a leather jacket and hoodie combo c:
    Sterngirlsketch22smaller.png
    Original drawing was about 900x1700 so it took me forever to scale it down to a reasonable size.

11. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

Nose weird a little?

ieat2much and Biurza like this.
  12. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Really cool, but hands are going a little nowhere, don't you think? (I mean, they look a little short ::D:)

13. TheBloodOfNight

900x1700 ? My current canvas is 8888x8888 xD Im planning to use around 70-80% of it, you can make some kewl details with such resolution. Look closer at her hands, her hands are too short, but she is very cute. .p. ~ Btw, its super cool, that you have your own unique style for characters

ieat2much and Biurza like this.
  14. ieat2much

ieat2much Bison Rider

Hands went poof!? :eek:

Biurza and TheBloodOfNight like this.
  15. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Guys, I finally planned the pose before starting. I'm very happy with the result!

figure6.jpg

I adjusted his head size like 4 times after drawing the body. At least I learned not to add all the details beforehand.

Here's my self-analysis:
    • Most of the light detail wasn't thought out very well, but I don't see any major inconsistencies.
    • The left hand could use more lighting detail. Its form is a bit flat.
    • The right hand/arm might not be facing the right way?
    • I'm not properly conveying the direction that his left leg is pointing. Or maybe it's just that the angle I have is unnatural. (It almost looks like he's doing a split.)
    • I ended up reducing the strength of the pose, b/c I didn't exaggerate the horse-stance enough
    • I also lost some of the gesture on the right arm. There was a wavy gesture that I liked in the thumbnail.
    • Hopefully there are no other super obvious anatomy mistakes on this one? (Except for the missing toes.)

asger75, Elf, BarsukEughen555 and 4 others like this.
  16. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

8x8 tile set I've been working on for fun.
    [​IMG]

norill, asger75, Elf and 8 others like this.
  17. TheBloodOfNight

I can sense, that something is wrong with symmetry, its just stuck in my mind, but i dont rly know what. Its rly well drawn, on other hand i was slacking off lvl hard. :D For now i will be only making simple sketches for fun [​IMG]

Elf, Biurza, joshua12131415 and 2 others like this.
  18. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Do you have drawing tablet? I'd like to see some great, well-colored drawing from you and i'm sure everyone else would like to see it too :)

ieat2much and joshua12131415 like this.
  19. ParaLogia

I wish. The closest thing I've done to digital painting is pixel art. I don't have much experience with color either.

Anyone know any tablets that are reliable, but still affordable? I'm a poor college student after all.

20. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

If Wacoms cheapest tablets aren't affordable to you, then i'd recommend Parblo tablet. Was doing fine job for my first 2-3 years ::): (if i recall correctly, around 50$ and was also pretty wide)

ParaLogia likes this.