1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows KAG screen freeze

Discussion in 'Help' started by Biurza, Nov 3, 2016.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

So once in maybe 10-20 mins my kag screen freezes, but i can hear the sounds, can even slash, build, destroy and so on, just screen freeze.
    Sometimes it can fix itself, but mostly it won't.
    so did anyone else have this issue and/or knows how to fix it?
    I think i can also mention that i noticed it happening from 2020 build
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 19, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 3, 2016 ---
    I like how i receive help almost instantly!
    Maybe i should remind about this thread to get help or smth?...

2. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

This is a tough subject to answer since it can be a couple of different things. Have you tried running the game in vsync from the games settings and your graphics card settings? Screen tearing can occur when your fps goes over your monitors refresh rate. Untick unlimited fps if you have it on in the game settings to see if it helps. Another thing that it could be is if you lack enough ram or vram for the game. Lack of ram or vram can cause bottlenecks which can make your screen freeze as well.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Biurza likes this.
  3. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

It can't be computer problems i guess, because other games go just fine, just KAG. Played with Vsync on/off, but screen keeps freezing. I don't have unlimited FPS and i have tons of free RAM. ::(: Maybe there may can be other reasons?

4. FoxyLady

Have you tried running the forceupdate.bat file in your main kag folder. Maybe you have a file missing that can be causing this problem. If the problem persist, try to uninstall and install again to see if it fixes it.

5. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Reinstalling changed nothing ::(:
    I also thought maybe it's somehow caused by fullscreen, but no, in window it freezes too.

6. FoxyLady

i have 1 more thing you can probably try. On your main folder, right click kag.exe. Click on properties and choose the compatibility tab. Click on the box that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" click apply then ok to see if it fixes the issue. Check first to see if the method i posted works. if it persist again, right click the kag.exe again and go to properties and then go to the compatibility tab again. click on compatibility mode and run the game under a previous os like windows 7 or 8 or windows xp service pack 3 to see if it works then.

Another thing that could cause screen problems is when a person is running a crossfire or sli setup with their graphics cards. Some games don't work well with these type of gpu setups. If you have this type of set up, try to see how the game runs with 1 graphics card by disabling crossfire or sli in your graphics card settings.
    If none of this works, you might have to talk to Furai or Geti about it since i can't think of no other solution.

7. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I didn't really get how.
    maybe you have steam or skype where you can help me?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  8. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I get this too. its probably just kag and how unoptimized it is.
    the support for windows isn't the best and could be better.

Biurza likes this.
  9. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Well i still have this issue, but it happens rarely now. Not like someone except FoxyLady helped or smth. So posting here is useless my friend.

10. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

if you think the windows support is bad, just wait until you see the mac and linux support

Biurza likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey