1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can't remember title of old racing game.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Elf, May 19, 2017.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

So when I was younger I had a racing game. You controlled something like a RC cabriolet car, and raced on tracks that were in the sky. There was a level editor, puzzles where you had to either break or push to target big blue balls. It was rather fun and I really would like to recall its title. Anyone ever played something like that?
    I think that title included something like 'ice' or 'sky' in it, but hell, I searched for several days and I can't find it looking for those tags, so I wouldn't count on that.
    Anybody played that kind of game? Anyone recalls it? Please help.

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

3. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

For what game system did you have the game on or was it on PC?

4. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

Not that - note, Race tracsk were located in the sky/fluffy cloudy heaven
    It was on PC

5. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

Re-Volt? Was it that one?

an_obamanation likes this.
  6. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

Nah :( all the cars were cabriolet

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

To be honest - don't go there. Leave it as a memory. Nostalgia never did anything good to me. I had a few games that I played when I was a kid and when I came back to them after years I couldn't find joy in playing them any more. The memories got spoiled.

And if you really insists on knowing what the game is, what would really help would be how long ago you have played it, graphics style, any special sound effects that stuck in your head. If it was PC - what operating system were you using at the time? When you say it was old game - I'm automatically thinking about times before Steam even existed.

8. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

Getting Gran Turismo 1 iso after all these years was one of the best thing I did in my life tho x)
    Semi realistic roads, just pure road floating in the sky, when every race began a beep sound played that reminds me of Noddy's horn, cars looked rather cartoonish, Windows XP, played it some 12 years ago. If you fell out of the track you respawned at the last checkpoint. In puzzle mode you most often had to push blue balls out of the track or get them destroyed in some other way.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2017, Original Post Date: May 22, 2017 ---
    Oh, and cars could jump after pressing spacebar.

9. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I'm surprised nobody has asked about these yet.

Perspective: Was it top down, 3rd person, 1st person, etc.

Graphics: How were the graphics, was it modern enough to have models like pretty much all racing games today, or did it use sprites similiar to rad racer and the old gta games.

Vehicle/Character selection: Could you select any racers and if so, who? As for vehicles naming brands and models may help to slightly narrow it down. The fact that all the cars are convertibles makes me think that this game is focused on warm and sunny environments, as it wouldn't make sense to have your top down in the rain or snow.

Colors: This will seem weird but if you remember any colors that jump out at you then that would be useful in narrowing down an image, the semi-realistic roads makes me assume that the game is very brown and black.

Sequels: Do you remember if the game had any sequels and if so how many it had? If it did you will most likely not remember the sequels very well either but it could be of some help.

Obstacles/powerups: Any specific obstacles or powerups jump to mind? Or were there no powerups at all?

Hope you can find it man, just don't keep your expectations high. In my experience if you don't expect much of the game currently but recognize it's importance in your past and present it'll allow you to be more satisfied with whatever answer you receive.

10. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

Perspective: 3D, camera behind the car

Graphics: Graphics not overwhelming, asphalt roads and kinda cartoon-ish cars

Vehicle/Character selection: Vehicles were all the same - RC cabriolets, you could customise color of paint, wheel style and color of windshield.

Colors: Asphalt roads located in sky that could either be clear blue or orange if map was on sunset

Sequels: I don't think it had any

Obstacles/powerups: I don't remember any powerups at all. There were sometimes ramps, cones and blocks on your way, at some tracks patches of ice that caused you to slide off the track and fall off the sky. Checkpoints were there, they were like a normal end of race line on the raod, but they had purple stars particles floating above them

Hope you can find it man, just don't keep your expectations high. In my experience if you don't expect much of the game currently but recognize it's importance in your past and present it'll allow you to be more satisfied with whatever answer you receive.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2017, Original Post Date: May 22, 2017 ---
    Game is not Sky Track
    [​IMG]

11. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Elf likes this.
  12. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

I'll check the links, but it is not trackmania. Note - Asphalt road floating freely in the sky

an_obamanation likes this.
  13. an_obamanation

Generally
    Juiced
    Mad tracks (This seems to fit very well.)
    Midtown madness
    Planet hot wheels
    Rollcage
    Scud Race
    Scorcher
    Ultimate race pro

The list doesn't completely adhere to what you've said the game is like, but it's mostly just games that had enough similar concepts to warrant mention. That's about the most I can help out, hope you find it.

Elf likes this.
  14. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

It's neither of those, but I highly appreciate your help anyway, thanks everyone <3 I'll keep looking

an_obamanation and l3afysamz like this.
  15. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

More info like, was it multiplayer? how were the drivers? do you remember sounds or music? you played as a kid, whan was that? 10, 15, 20 years ago? Man we have to find it, that or find one that you could enjoy similarly.

16. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Generally when you think of your childhood games you think they have the best graphics ever since that was the standard back then. When I came back to South Park rally on the ps1 I had trouble playing it because the graphics were much worse than I expected.

Also does anyone know of an Xbox or Xbox360 game in which you run up a corkscrew thing jumping and sliding over lasers? You play locally with friends if you hit a laser you get slowed down until you get too far back and get eliminated. It has basic 1 coloured characters. I'm pretty sure it's like some sort of gamemode rather than a full game and might come with the game bundled with the console. I don't have any consoles so I know barely anything about games on them, but I played this game with my old neighbour.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  17. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Sky Roads 3D or Sky Tracks ?

18. an_obamanation

You're thinking of fusion frenzy.
    [​IMG]

"Game is not Sky Track" ::D:

Also forgot to ask if you remembered any publishers / developers, that could easily help find it.

epsilon likes this.
  19. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

That looks right. Thanks.

20. Elf

Elf Bison Rider

That was some at least 10 years ago, I was 6 or 7 when I played it
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2017, Original Post Date: May 23, 2017 ---
    Checked wikipedia from 1997 to 2010. My head hurts and I still didn't find it. I think I'll stop there.
    Either way, thanks everyone who helped me, I highly appreciate it :heart:

Lock.

l3afysamz and an_obamanation like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi