1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fun kag scripts and codes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by an_obamanation, May 4, 2017.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You need to modify the RunnerMoveVars, the variables you want are probably walkSpeed, jumpMaxVel, jumpFactor, overallScale and stoppingForce but feel free to tinker with all of them. You'll need to include the right script, get() the structure out of the blob, modify the values and set it back into the blob - and you'll need to make sure that it's done on all clients and the server or you'll get desync, as the structure isn't automatically synchronised.

You can check Entities/Characters/MovementScripts/RunnerMovementInit.as for the vanilla values. If you wanted to modify the speed of all players on the server, this would be the place to do that.

The velocity of the object is it's current, as-of-this-frame change in position. If the object is standing still on flat ground, the velocity should already be practically zero (close to it, I think in practice gravity will make it have a slightly positive y velocity which will be resolved by the collision routines). However, when running at full tilt (again, on flat ground, not jumping), it'll have a negative or positive x velocity. Setting it to zero will only stop it for that frame - it'll get back up to speed momentarily.

Perhaps more fundamental: you're also creating a totally new object and plugging the player into that, instead of modifying the old one. An object that has just been spawned already has a zero velocity.

2. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

How can you do that in an rcon script? I tried just simply doing #include 'RunnerCommon.as' but it didn't work

an_obamanation likes this.
  3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I didn't look at it but I assume it is a class used to store data. You wouldn't be able to do that directly with that script.
    Copying the class (and making it fit in one line) might work using set and Sync (if it actually uses it, else you're out of luck). But it would be a hack, with low chance to succeed, you'd rather do this sort of thing as a mod.

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

or you could try engaging adding velocity on tick for 500 ticks, for example, and keybind W, A, S, D to according RCON commands
    lols