1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF [REJECTED]The Wonky Map

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by SJD360, Jun 4, 2017.

1. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Map name: The Wonky Map
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Nuh
    Special features: Lower segment of the map is floodable. There's a tower in the middle, right there in the middle - it can be hard to spot at first, but it's there.
    Map: The Wonky Map.png

Haven't made a map in a few months so I just decided to make this complete and utter nonsense. Admittedly it was fun as hell to make.

[​IMG]

Biurza, erik102003 and Ni like this.
  2. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Looks decent so far, but I want to test how it plays like :3

3. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Haven't made a map in a few months, so this one is very highly likely to be crappy.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 5, 2017 ---
    The Wonky Map2.png

Updated/made a variation of the map that's less messy than the original. Do whatever.

[​IMG]

erik102003 likes this.
  4. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

lel

5. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

whats wrong with that statement? There are exceptions sometimes but usually it holds true, i feel it holds true with this map as well though there is some stuff that is un-u-ifying it (the island)

6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The indestructable dirt backwall leads to some stronk base building, but all the easy building could make it too focused on one class over the other two. Also the gold placement, while workable, would be very annoying for people to hunt over. This idea certainly seems cool for me, but we're not comfortable taking this big a risk on the official map pool.

As for the later edit, the backwall-less map would probably be more stalematey because island hoping is always difficult and the underground would not be feasible for the enemy.

Rejected for now.

bunnie likes this.