1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2248 - Heads Pack, Community Fixes, Script Textures and Personal News!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Folks,

Long time coming on this build, we know! It should be out on all platforms within the next half-hour.

This build contains a boatload of changes, ranging from small things like maps and bug fixes to entirely new modding possibilities and the first ever head pack for KAG! There might be some weirdness associated with such a big patch as a lot of things have changed code-wise, please let us know about them ASAP.

About the heads pack, "Flags of the World":
    There's over 120 heads, over 60 for each gender, and we're keen to hear what you think. The pack is available through steam and is just a drop-down in the heads menu. Here's a look at all the heads. If you're interested in buying but your country is missing, please get in touch with support and we'll see what we can do.

[​IMG]

MM will be managing the release of the heads pack shortly, which will be available through steam over here. It should "just work" in-game once it's out, but please get in touch if you have trouble!

We'll be looking at non-steam options for purchase if there's interest, let us know in the thread.

Other changes:
    • There are a few map changes for CTF from the community.
    • Siege engines and boats in crates can't be opened right at the top of the map, which prevents them glitching off towers and wasting coins, and (slightly) discourages sky-siege.
    • The materials code has been re-implemented by Fuzzle, with changes to decay rates and sprites, and much-simplified code. He'll be taking feedback in the build thread, we're happy to iterate on these changes.
    • The first round of community-sourced pull requests from github have been integrated with the game. Thanks so much to those that got behind this. We'll be extending and improving the handling of this in the future.
    • There are a few changes intended more for modders as well - there is now access to textures via scripts, and this is used for the pixel offsets and team recolouring in-game. This allows modders to add things like new team colours for role-play mods, procedurally combine textures, and much more. The API can be extended if need be, and we're considering re-implementing a few of the now-script-side features engine-side for performance reasons (the script-side implementations would still work, but there'd be a high-performance C++ implementation available)

Bonus News:

I normally try to keep my personal and business life separate, but this one is worth sharing. This dev cycle has been a little extra taxing on me as I've had to fit working on KAG around wedding planning! This weekend I married my loving partner of 10 years, amidst family and friends - as you can imagine, I'm overjoyed! Here's a photo of me and my new wife!

[​IMG]

I'll be gone until early July on my honeymoon - @MM, @Furai and @jrgp are the ones to get in touch with over the next few weeks if anything goes awry - and the normal support channels should work. I'll keep an eye on the thread, but I won't have a development machine with me for a while. Normal development should resume when I'm back. Thanks for understanding!

Max

Code:
    Full Changelog:

Script Textures:
    [added] script-side control of textures
    [added] script-side pixel offsets (working around engine bugs)
    [added] working palette swap script
    [added] precache system for runner textures and offsets

Heads Pack:
    [added] heads pack popup
    [added] Flags of the World pack with 122 heads (61 for each gender)

Maps:
    [removed] Fellere_FourRivers from map rotation
    [updated] potatobird_sharkromance and punk123_antqueen maps
    [modified] mcrifel_steppes new version
    [added] punk123_toothgrinderx map

Pull Requests:
    [fixed] [fuzzle] arrows at (0,0)
    [fixed] [fuzzle] mines on join
    [fixed] [fuzzle] strange seed behaviour
    [fixed] [GoldenGuy] respawn timer in sandbox
    [fixed] [calvinloveland] typos

Miscellaneous:
    [modified] cannot open crate with siege/boat in top 5 tiles of map
    [added] fuzzle material changes
    [fixed] broken trade menu from materials rework
    [dev] avoiding overflow on knocked
    [fixed] receiver reading outside bounds could crash map
    [added] fuzzle fixes for block placement on own actor
    [updated] engine with async minimap stuff (minimap updated more often + in background)
    [added] yagger/makmoud98 head is male trader
    [modified] afk kick after 2min30 now

2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Congrats Gatu!

Updates looking good now that Fellere_FourRivers is gone :rekt:

Fellere825, NinjaCell, Vamist and 7 others like this.
  3. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Me and @FunATuns just talked about pixel offsets and how it would fuck up a mod idea of mine for factions, I really hope this fixes it! Awesome!

Congratulations on the marriage, she's truly a lucky lady and I hope it all goes well for you.

To Max (you) with love - Max (Me)

Geti likes this.
  4. the1sad1numanator

the1sad1numanator Bison Rider

This sounds good

Geti likes this.
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

it was replaced with toothgrinderx tho :^)
    heh

6. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

How much will it cost? I'm honestly willing to pay anything for them.

Geti likes this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We're aware of the pixel offset spam in server logs - it doesn't seem to cause issues so rather than issue another build I'm going to leave it for the moment and leave instructions for how to fix it for the other guys. Should be out soon enough.

At least it ends quickly!

It's 2 bucks for the lot of them, we're just testing the waters.

Thanks!

8. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

yo, this sounds great. i just overclocked my Fx 6300 to 4.0 GHz to deal with KAG's performance, it slows down when dealing with heaps of physics when the servers get full, but now with these changes i might, be able to bring it back down to 3.5 GHz. hope you have a nice honey moon mate.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 13, 2017 ---
    also i am not so interested in the new heads, as i really like the old diver helm. but i would still be happy to buy them, just because KAG is one of my favorite games. and i would like to support it. i use the independent DRM free launcher

9. Cohen

Cohen Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester

Congratulations @Geti! I'm interested in non-steam option too, because I use linux (ubuntu) standalone version of KAG.

10. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

is that a joke or serious because you should be running KAG at 30fps just fine w/o overclocking, especially with that CPU

joshua12131415 likes this.
  11. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

rip
    That'll take a while to fix

[​IMG]

12. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Are your includes broken?

13. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

That as well, but I'll have to rework most of the custom materials along with the stuff using MakeMat. There are so many errors that I don't even know where to begin. :skull:
    Also, is there any replacement for MakeMat?

Edit: Found it I think, void createFor(CBlob@ this, string &in name, uint16 &in quantity) seems like it
    Edit Edit: Made a small wrapper for MakeMat.as, so that's fixed for now

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Asu likes this.
  14. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

The replacement for MakeMat is Material::createFor from MaterialCommon.as. It is, however, strictly used to create materials for actor blobs. MakeMat could also create materials for the attached actor of a blob. Write here if you need help with other issues.

Asu likes this.
  15. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

Congratulations Geti :)). I am looking forward to the heads pack :rekt:

Geti and PUNK123 like this.
  16. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Ahh, everything I wanted and more is coming!!!
    :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

17. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Congrats on getting married Geti. About some of the missing flags, I'm hoping Puerto Rico, Cuba, and Dominican Republic get some love in there. I need the Puerto Rico head in my life.

Geti likes this.
  18. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

@Fuzzle By any chance could you remake a vanilla version of makemat.as? So many mods will break because of this change.

19. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I don't think the KAG source will ever include ugly mod compatibility like that. You might try to get the older script from the previous build and copy it over your mod and fix things that are broken. But it would be a bit stupid not to adapt the mod to the change.

20. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

new updates for god of modding updates \o/
    more overjoy for god of overjoy as well 25252525