1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2248 - Heads Pack, Community Fixes, Script Textures and Personal News!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 13, 2017.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Congratulations on the marriage Geti!

Geti likes this.
  2. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Hehe, can't wait for the heads pack.

PUNK123 likes this.
  3. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Oh, I'm going to be fixing my mods when I work on them and come across instances of makemat.as. I'm just thinking of all the mods created before now which are no longer updated by their owners, those'll basically be broken forever.

Osmal likes this.
  4. Congratulations Geti!!!!

Geti likes this.
  5. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

Got Territory Control somewhat working (thanks to @GoldenGuy for helping me update some of the materials). Also, congratulations on the marriage, Geti. :thumbs_up:

Also, I'm quite happy for the Materials changes, at least I've got some motivation to clean up the mod now. ::D:

6. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

yeah Im being serious, i don't aim for 30 i aim for 60btw. and my performance is fine most of the time unless it, my cpu, has to deal with a lot of physics, E.g when the server gets full, the reason for this is becasue KAG only uses one core, you can see this in the task manager under performance and change graph type to the logical processors. you see KAG is hard bottlenecked by your cpu single thread performance, or ipc, the Fx 6300 suffers from very poor ipc. if things don't improve i am going to build a Pentium g4400 pc, just for KAG. as the Pentium although only having two cores is actually a better choice for KAG than a Fx 6300. due to it's significantly faster ipc.

PUNK123 likes this.
  7. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

kag is designed to run at 30 fps. uncheck "Uncap framerate"
    [​IMG]

8. PooManCHU

Thank you for the advice bro, but I've been fiddling around with the settings, and testing out the changes for months. no matter whats settings, once alot of players come on to any server my cpu just cant keep up with the physics of each individual, on screen, because KAG only uses one core you are limited too how fast, said one core can preform.

9. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Took the liberty of getting some of the old mat files for people who are lazy like me and want to postpone cleaning for later, but still want stuff to work.

Attached Files:

FunATuns and Fuzzle like this.
  10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

KAG logic runs mostly at 30fps. You're going to get some weird bugs with uncapped framerates and only the chat bubble will look smooth.

11. PooManCHU

thats odd that you say that then, as i have smooth game-play with an uncapped framerate in KAG, until the server get's over like 12 people in it, then my cpu starts to bog down, it simply, does not have fast enough ipc to keep up with anymore than that amount of players. if KAG was multi threaded on the other hand that would be a different story, i know that it's unlikely to happen.which is why I am considering building a a new PC. a PC whats sole intention for building would be to play KAG well

12. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Biurza likes this.
  13. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

That's some swag af pic right there, I hope everything is perfect for you Geti.
    Will the Spain head finally stop people making racist mexican jokes about me? There's only 1 way to find out!

Geti likes this.
  14. asger75

asger75 Haxor

well shit, better buy the dlc for the getu love.

15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

gratz Geti

Geti likes this.
  16. the1sad1numanator

the1sad1numanator Bison Rider

oh i just realized this will be a pain to fix
    Edit: actually never mind it shouldn't take to long

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  17. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

have fun with your imprisonment, *cuch* I mean marriage... Na jk, I wish you much happiness, and have a good time enjoying your beautiful wife!

Geti and Biurza like this.
  18. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Also @Geti, not sure if someone has mentioned yet but it seems a few of the heads from the base head settings are missing - notably the space helmet, brown / black side cuts and I think another.

Geti, SirDangalang and an_obamanation like this.
  19. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

I also noticed that when you use a healing quarters with the dlc heads, a different head appears on you as your getting health.This might be a mechanic to enable the dlc heads to work but i'm not sure if that was intentional.

20. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Congrats Geti! Wish you and your partner the best :D
    Don't forget us! ;)

Geti, PUNK123 and an_obamanation like this.