1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

mcrifel

Discussion in 'For Forum Mods (closed)' started by mcrifel, Jun 28, 2017.

1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Right let me start this off with saying that I am glad to see that there is finally going to be new or a new moderators for the map section.

I think I would be reasonably good at this position though I am surely not the only one, @PUNK123 for example is also a good man for the job and I think that having multiple moderators for this section is a good thing.

So why do I think I have got what it takes for this job, I have always loved KAG but for a long while I didn't want to play as much KAG as I used to, the reason for this is the official map cycle which I think isn't in its best state. I used to make maps occasionally just for the fun of it and they were really bad, some are in the map section, however after seeing the state of the map cycle I wanted to fix it. I learned how to make maps properly, I looked at what make good maps that play out well and what causes stalemates. I refined the map cycle, threw out ones I thought weren't as good and changed minor things to other maps. It took a long time to finish but it turned out rather ok, there were some mistakes in it of course but I learned from them and I think I can tell you what a good map is and what a rubbish map is.

So besides my little story, in what other ways am I suited for the job. I judge maps by how they look in game and how they function instead of judging it from a quick glance. I put game play over aesthetics. Also if I were to have this job I would be on it like a hawk. Also I have been admin on the official servers for a while and I think I have done a decent job, I have never abused power in that time so I know I can handle the responsibilities and the power given to me.

Something else to note about me is that since I am dutch I can be very to the point and I don't sugar coat things which can make me seem a bit rude at times but you will get my actual answers on what I think of a map that someone made and I have learned to suggest improvements instead of saying: 'That is garbage.'

and of course I will behave a bit more official when moderating than how I behave in for example the MIST chat where I let everyone hear my bad sense of humor.

All in all I think I can do it, if I don't get the job that is fine as long as the map cycle improves I am happy.

EDIT: Also I know this recruiting is for map making section but I think I would be a good moderator for the clans section as well. I am quite passionate about the competitive KAG scene.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I saw you posted map applications yourself. I'd prefer not to recruit someone who is trying to contribute to the mappool for a position where they could (possibly unintentionally) "abuse" their position. Do you think you are able to do that?
    Second thing I'd like to mention is that I personally don't require moderators to behave "official". I want them to behave professional whenever they do moderating work in their sections, and aside from that they're just normal users like everyone else (only to a certain degree but I think you know what I'm getting at).

PUNK123 likes this.
  3. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I would be fine with me not being able to post any of my own maps as I will be contributing in another way. Don't worry I won't accept my own maps just because they are mine.

EDIT: Also I know this recruiting is for map making section but I think I would be a good moderator for the clans section as well, i'll add this to my main post.

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

This should never be a requirement, just avoiding biases should be. We should never benefit people who dont over people who do release content

ill add more later.

As for the actual app, i trust that youll be open and accountable. I disagree with some of the criteria you deem as playable(because some of my semi popular maps would be canned) and im only somewhat iffy on your thoughts of improvement(dont worry though if you get moderator ill be vocal on it)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    mcrifel likes this.
  5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Accepted.