1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Remove red barrier "bounce"

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Klokinator, Nov 16, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You know that red barrier that appears during build time? I hate the rebound on it. The fact that just slightly nudging it sends me back a couple tiles or walking into it flings me 10 tiles away completely pisses me off. I like that it prevents people from firing arrows at each other during build time, but does it really need to make my job as a builder this much more difficult? Not only that, but it can even cause glitchiness if you fall into a hole that touches the barrier, as it will start rapidly flinging you against the wall and sometimes pop you through the ground at a hundred miles an hour.

My suggestion: Make it simply a solid wall and don't let anything pass through it. Make arrows bounce off it if you wanna give the build time archer's something annoying to do since they're being useless firing at it anyway. I'm just tired of trying to build a wall and having myself fling away every time I try to edge forward.

2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I agree that the bounce is annoying as builder, but if it were removed (and the map were small enough for an archer to shoot to the other side) a builder could spam workshops, make money, and buy special arrows and shoot them to troll the other team. I say don't remove the bounce until a better alternative is discovered. (at least in ctf) In TTH, there's really no reason to have the bounce, as the maps are usually too large for an arrow to fly all the way across the map

Draco1991 and BlueLuigi like this.
  3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It's like you didn't read my post at all.

???

???

Make it a solid barrier so arrows bombs and people can't pass through. Also, you realize coin gain is dropped by 1/10th during build time right? So spamming anything for coins, even workshops, isn't feasible at all.

emasame likes this.
  4. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

fair enough.

Piano and Klokinator like this.
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I agree that it is incredibly annoying and needs to change. Supported.

Piano and Klokinator like this.
  6. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

The bounce is indeed annoying. +1

Klokinator likes this.
  7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Good suggestion. This was the kind of barrier that was implemented in Classic. It blocked anyone from crossing, without bouncing them back. Only difference was that archers could indeed fire arrows through it.

Creating a hybrid between the two would definitely be nice.

+1

Starsly, Piano and Klokinator like this.
  8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah I played Classic which is the exact reason I hate this new barrier. I hated that you could fire arrows through it in classic, but now arrows don't fly as far anyway so that'd be a minor issue. All it would have taken is a slight tweak to the code as we already have a solid barrier for people, so make it solid for projectiles too.

9. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

Make this barrier make a sound every time you hit it with an arrow so the archers have something to do.

10. JPD

JPD Shipwright

If you get stuck in between the red barrier and a tower it's almost impossible to get out. I would like to be able to wall jump off of it. I suggest making it the same strength as that invincible green block not change the barriers colour or appearance.

Draco1991 likes this.
  11. ThePiemaster

ThePiemaster Haxor

The archers do have something to do during the build time, become a builder and actually build.

Piano, Draco1991, JPD and 3 others like this.
  12. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

13. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

THANK YOU

I don't see why wasting valuable build time needs to be fun. I've logged into servers where one whole team was just pissing arrows into the red wall while their nights glided into it and nobody built around their flags.

14. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

it is pretty fun slinging arrows back and forth though...

15. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I was about to post about this and then found this, it has gotten alot of upvotes so why didn't anything change ?

16. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

half the development of the game was spent to make the red barrier mechanism work
    no idea

17. -1 , bounce is fun ,However, bouncing the materials Instead of letting them pass would be a good idea

Vermilicious, Magmus and The_Osz like this.
  18. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

The reason I want it removed is so i can build up next to it instead of being knocked back every time I try

19. RustyRisk

RustyRisk Catapult Fodder

Maybe add the further you go into the red barrier the stronger the push, so if you keep walking trying to walk into the red you will slowly balance out like a buoy. This would make both the board bouncers and the hardcore builders happy.

20. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Another solution is to shrink the red barrier a bit, but deny building and mining within it.

mcrifel likes this.
Mods: Rainbows