1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. forehead

forehead Shipwright

I didn't get a warning, checked the chat log. Like i said, map reset followed about 5 seconds later by a ban. Just annoying, normally wouldn't even post or complain but it was dumb.

Edit: Also wasn't doing anything wrong that I am aware of, wasn't griefing or anything which i would expect a ban for.

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I dont think they actually banned you if you werent doing anything wrong. The only time we outright ban is for speedhackers. I have had a few instances of this in the last few days. Something with the server software or such is causing this. I will check the logs now, but honestly teh logs arent that helpful currently in matters relating to this. Does your log actually SAY that you were banned specifically by someone?

Worst comes to worst and you are actually banned and you didnt do anything wrong, I will unban you. Also dont come in here immediately calling my admins dicks, or I am tempted to just leave you banned because of your attitude.

EDIT: Upon review the logs, I see that you were kicked for 1 minute, which likely means that you were AFK. Immediately following that you were unbanned. Are you still banned now?

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Foread consistently locked me in, three times. I warned him the first 2 times. Kicked him for ONE minute the third time. That same round I kicked a few others for being just as bad, filling the area with ladders, making ladders enemies could use constantly after being told by me and others on to stop just a lot of people doing bad bad things that kept leading us to lose, I gave them 2 maps to shape up and kept warning them about doing just bad things, they shrugged it off and most just told me to shut up.

Anyone who is just being generally bad but not actively griefing/hacking I only kick for 1 minute, meaning you are free to join again but you should get the point that you need to stop that.

On another topic, I'm sure the guy you had to unban before Domsomething or other will come in here whining. I was 1v1ing on Action Rapid cause it was empty and there are no 1v1 servers up, a few people come in they play on their own and leave me and the other guy to 1v1 fine, then this guy comes in, keeps interrupting, I ask him to stop, he typekills me, and I tell him to stop being a fag, of course he's instantly Offended (link) so he starts recording and says he's going to report me, because I'm such a bad admin.

Long story short, guy being a douche, cries about it.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the servers kicking is fucked recently or something? I kicked a few people on coop for 1 minute too and they kept coming back but then leaving immediately? Has anyone else noticed this, is it a thing with this patch or something? If so, sorry to the people I've kicked for 1 minute.

Noburu and Rayne like this.
  4. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

Kicking is wonky recently, I've kicked people and they get banned from the server for hours.

5. BlueLuigi

Well that's not good at all :(

6. Noburu

No further info needed, thanks Blue. You handled it just as you should IMO.

7. forehead

forehead Shipwright

Well, i didn't realize that i had blocked you, and i'm not quite sure i even realize what that entails. Currently still cannot join server, as it tells me i am banned.

8. BlueLuigi

Will hop on and manually unban you and hope it works, let me know whenever you get a chance to try it out.

9. Noburu

Will likely require a server restart. Manual unbans almost never work currently.

EDIT: Since I the master server is having issues anyway, I went ahead and restarted both servers. Anyone that was banned is not unbanned by side effect. Behave and enjoy your second chances or we will enjoy our banning you a second time :D

10. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Alright, i finished my first map and i would like to submit it to see what you guys think but sadly i don't know how to. Its been a VERY long time since i've posted a picture on a forum. Would i just attach the map with the post as well to get it to you or do you have another way of me getting it to you guys? Sorry, still new to this :S

11. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Just click the "upload file" button when making a post.

12. amuffinattack

I really didn't think it would be that easy. >.> sorry. I made a lot of trees because i am assuming some would covered when building things. I also don't know how much stone i should add so there may be to much in there. Its 149x50. To big to bomb jump across(I think) but small enough that it should be good enough for 24 players. It is my first map so if it has flaws and its not good enough, i won't take it personally :D

Attached Files:

13. Noburu

We will throw it into rotation and give it a try. Give him feed back on the map guys

14. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Can you disable the antigrief on your RCTF server? It messes up certain maps.

15. Noburu

Yeah sure thing. I have actually been meaning to for a week or so and keep forgetting. Only problem is I have to restart the server for it to take effect and that boots everyone :( . I will make the changes now and try to restart it when the population is lower.

EDIT: Actually it appears it is off if it is the nocollapsing_nearspawn variable. Its set to no. Theres not a setting in dedicated_autoconfig is there?

EDIT: Herp derp this is what I get reading before bed while tired. The CTF server already has it off, the RCTF is on but I have turned it off now and will be restarting it soon.

Rayne likes this.
  16. forehead

forehead Shipwright

Good to go, thanks guys. I was only grumpy because I thought a ban was pretty harsh for me making a couple noob mistakes unintentionally. Glad that wasn't the case and thanks. I guess maybe you guys aren't dicks...

Noburu likes this.
  17. Noburu

Problem is most people use the "Im new" line as an excuse to keep griefing. So dont take it personally we responded the way we did.

18. Rayne

Muffin, your map was pretty fun, until it turned into a bottomless pit map, you should make the ground thicker to stop this.

Noburu likes this.
  19. amuffinattack

l
    I figured it would take a while for all the bed rock to get blown away, but i can always add more. Or i could add more height to it and add a lot more dirt. I should do that.

EDIT: alright i added more bedrock, 10 pixels more dirt and some random bedrock throughout the dirt to make it somewhat easier to get around if it DOES turn into one again. and some random stone so it is harder to spam tunnel.

Attached Files:

Noburu and Rayne like this.
  20. Rayne

I kinda like the setup, so keep the overall shape of the map, just add more height, and drag up the map, and add dirt below it, then'll be perfect imo.

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.