1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Show us your battle stations!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eggnogg, Feb 18, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Can someone recommend me a good gaming pc under lets say 1000€?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

"high end" "under 1000e" these 4 words cant go together

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Ni likes this.
  4. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Within that budget you may want to check some used components at ebay or somewhere similar. There's plenty of Xeons for instance for less than 100€. That, or going with Ryzen :>

6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

True, but ryzen CPUs should be quite better at gaming anyway.

7. asger75

asger75 Haxor

looks gross

erik102003 likes this.
  8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Time to share this miracle of the technology, or my "battlerat station":
    dllhost_2017-09-26_23-30-27.png
    Plain and simple, this 6-year old little piece of hardware has served extremely well for my purposes. I'm not a hardcore gamer as you can imagine. After some time however I started to plug it into a wider and better monitor.

Psiklaw, epsilon, EhRa and 2 others like this.
  9. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

has your mouse given you any trouble? i had a mad catz keyboard and i had so many problems with it.

10. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Looks like an XPS? I loved my XPS. It did eventually break down, tho, mine didn't last nearly as long as yours, sadface.

11. 8x

The mouse has always worked well, and yeah, it's an XPS, from early-mid 2011 and on discount by the end of that year. The battery died around 2 years ago (along with a broken cable from the power supply, which I did replace), and the keyboard has a couple of problems too. Other than that, it's worked well.
    I require much more power nowadays and once I get some money I'll get a build based on x99 and Xeons.

12. I haven't posted here in a while, this is my place nowadays:
    [​IMG]

Psiklaw and Varion like this.
  13. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

propping up your laptop with old yugioh cards, the man. i use old ramen packets to keep my monitor hinge were i want it

Mods: BlueLuigi