1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Stubs [ACCEPTED]

Discussion in 'Accepted Maps' started by 4zK, Jul 19, 2017.

1. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

Map name: Stubs
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Y
    Special features: just a regular one-flag medium-height flat-ish map with scarce gold
    Map: 4zK_Stubs.png

Fuzzle, Magmus, mcrifel and 2 others like this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Looks well shaped imho. Flooded mid would make players focus onground perhaps. This would be a map with no other spawns from tent and ballista, that works well on the small ones.

4zK likes this.
  3. The player on dirt yes, the real builder no

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I think you'd have more success burying gold underground where 98% of kag players won't find it. At this rate you're basically saying people can't a spawn tunnel during build time or any REAL chance of a tunnel system. I don't see anyone being able to justify this move when it literally stops people from playing parts of the game(siege, tunnels). Just hide some gold underground and I guarantee noobs won't look that hard for it. It'll have the same effect but you won't be blatantly stopping players from playing parts of the game.

4zK likes this.
  5. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

all the gold is visible on purpose, I try my best to have variety between my maps - I want to see how a map like this plays out

the map is pretty small after all, and there probably won't be that much demand for tunnels or siege, but if there is, the earliest bird wins

Fuzzle likes this.
  6. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Accepted

7. PUNK123

I dont think an official server setting is a good place to be testing out ideas that dont make any sense on paper. Regardless im the only one who seems to think that the lack of gold(stopping players from accessing any gold shops during build time) is a big enough problem to not admit this map. Map is accepted, but id be remiss to not make it clear that the gold issue is sketchy, but want enough to turn down the map.

4zK likes this.
  8. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Why doesn't that make any sense on paper?
    I think it's pretty fun to have a visible goal on middle (gold) that can be fought about.

mcrifel likes this.
  9. PUNK123

Having gold fought over at mid is fine, however not having enough gold to build the spawn tunnel during BUILD time forces anyone who wants to play the tunnel game to rush mid for gold and then build two tunnels before anything is functional after build time. It adds so much time between the tunnels being usable and basically takes a feature out of the game. So no I don't think the map makes any sense on paper when you think about it.

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Having another map with the similar idea ablout gold that FirstBadLands has is ok imo. Having more maps like that would be stressful.