1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM Ni_Elevater [ACCEPTED]

Discussion in 'Accepted Maps' started by Ni, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Map name: Ni_Elewater
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features:
    • No Shops
    • 2 Chests
    • Water Elevators
    • Trampolines
    • Archers can't camp
    • Small
    Map:
    Ni_Elevater.png

[​IMG]

//Edit - Removed trees and tramps
    Ni_Elevater.png

//Edit - Fixed doors and changed name. (Elewater)
    Ni_Elewater.png

///Edit - Fixed:
    Ni_Elewater.png

Last Fixes:
    Niiiiii_Elewater.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    asger75, Fuzzle and an_obamanation like this.
  2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

The two tramps at the sides aren't really necessary as you can slash jump up just fine without them, or go up the water elevator. They just kinda make it annoying to go down at least imo.

I don't see any point for the trees as this is underground I believe? Plus the middle two trees camouflage the trap blocks a bit. Not a big deal at all though, this ones mostly a personal gripe.

I like it map-wise but I don't like the map name. (I'm not sure if the elevater typo is intentional or not) I think it should be called crying frog or something, look at the spaces without backwall and then the water elevators. Looks like a crying frog.

3. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

I'll try it without the tramps ^^
    The map name is intentional :3
    Water + Elevator = Elevater

asger75 and an_obamanation like this.
  4. orignial name +1

5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Trees underground and the floating bushes don't look good.
    Too many doors in mid. Either reduce the number of doors, open it up a bit or perhaps keep with the theme of neutral trap blocks and replace the doors with a single row of those.
    The trampoline looks like it would get annoying when getting down. Remove the trampoline and move the drop-down two blocks towards the centre of the map so players can wall run to get on top.
    You missed two back-walls in the right water elevator next to the top right trap blocks.
    Is it just me or is the red spawn not centred in the in-game screenshot? The map png looks fine though so it might just be the way KAG positions TDM spawns.
    I agree with an_obamanation in regards to the map name. The portmanteau isn't obvious and instead looks like an accidental typo.

I do, however, like the little lantern-platform combo and the central focus on the water elevator. ::)::thumbs_up:

mcrifel likes this.
  6. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

Tramps and trees are already removed ^^
    I'll fix the doors :3
    And I might change the name v^v

asger75 and epsilon like this.
  7. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

The bushes are to represent vines, look closely at the backwall and you'll notice he's using the "mossy stone" backwall. It's to give it more of a ruined cave feel. I personally like it but it's starting to get used a lot.

I don't see the problem with the number of doors, just the way they're setup. The wood + stone checkerboard setup seems a bit jarring and I think it'd look better with just one flat door type.

epsilon likes this.
  8. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Ni_Elewater.png

upload_2017-8-15_11-57-29.png
    The notch provided for wall running results in inconsistent behavior which sometimes can frustratingly prevent you from navigating the space. Additionally I could see the chest being moved further down the hallway and placed in a more interesting room which would add an element of risk/reward for those that desired the plunder.

upload_2017-8-15_11-58-45.png
    I feel that trap blocks and doors placed vertically in bottlenecks promote extreme defensive play. I think that if there was an alternative route immediately above this one which dropped into that chamber this space would be far more interesting and allow for more aggressive options.

upload_2017-8-15_12-1-5.png
    The water elevators and the areas around them are particularly interesting and reasonably laid out. In my opinion there are a couple adjustments that I would make to markedly improve this core feature and they include:
    • Removal of the platform or timed removal of the platform via mechanisms
    • Minor widening of the water elevator
    • Flat platforms instead of slopes on entrances and exits
    • Additional flooding of the far left and far right to prevent camping
    Overall I think this is a playable iteration, however I see room for improvement.

epsilon likes this.
  9. [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/a/6ZwXR

I have a few suggestions to improve the map.

1. I think the block labeled should be removed to open up some more space in that area for fighting, the space is okay, but one more block is better in my opinion.
    2. I think this block should also be removed so that way there are more approaches to attacking this area (removing the block allows people to have an easier time of jumping off that wall, perhaps even move the block above it to make things even easier to lunge on people.
    3. I think this block should be removed as well, it may appear to be harmless but without it, knight fights will occur more smoothly.
    4. And lastly, I believe those 3 blocks should be removed which will assist in dethroning that flat slab in the corners of its superior positioning

The map is well done, however.

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Accepted, is shield gliding to the ceiling an intended feature? in between the water tunnels there's also 2 two block areas you can shield glide indefinitely into.

11. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

No wasn't intended, I think.
    Last Fixes
    Niiiiii_Elewater.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    asger75 likes this.