1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

PokémonGo

Discussion in 'Other games' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Aug 5, 2017.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Any of you basement dwellers willing to confess to a little fresh air, sunshine, and exercise whilst nerding out and swearing profusely at your GPS?

Living in rural AU has its challenges (finding enough people to do raid? ha!), but I managed to catch a moltres a few days back, which was pretty sweet. ::):

How 'bout you peeps?

asger75 and an_obamanation like this.
  2. asger75

asger75 Haxor

canberra's not rural, u liar.

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Eh FBB, aren't you a bit *cough* too old *cough* for such a game?

asger75 likes this.
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If I still lived in Canberra, that would indeed make me a liar; however, seeing as I do not... :wink:
    ----

Iirc I played pokémon when Red and Blue first came out; brother bought the former, I the latter, and we traded the uniques.

No, joker, there's never a "too old" for nostalgia. And the latest pokémang installation scratches that itch pretty good. ::):

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  5. asger75

asger75 Haxor

You're right, Abraham Lincoln is a wise man,
    must be hard playing it in rural Australia with no landmarks.

6. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You're never too old for pokemans

I used to play this game quite a bit back when it started but the updates kept pissing me off and I haven't played it in a long while.

7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

took a bit long to make this thread

FuzzyBlueBaron and Redshadow6 like this.
  8. FuzzyBlueBaron

Surprisingly there are enough stops and gyms where I live to get by okay. The real challenge is the lack of coins since the new update (dem feels, @Potatobird :QQ:) to gyms---because when you have to rely on strangers coming through town to take over the few gyms it generally means you get a payout once a week of 50 coins (bc the cap means losing all the gyms in a single day gives you nothing after the first one goes down).
    ----

True, bunnie, but only got back into it recently. :wink:

an_obamanation likes this.
  9. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

My older brother plays this game practically all the time and even participated in a police walk and talk with it a while back since he works as a police officer.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...police-pokemon-go-st-0721-20160720-story.html (He's Officer Coffield)

It's certainly an interesting little game, a nice way of getting people to go outside and get some sun whilst enjoying their phones. I'd play it but my family is too poor to consistently afford a mobile phone bill and stuff (plus my phones a P.O.S.).

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. FuzzyBlueBaron

Yep. Monies (even if you're a 100% f2p player) can definitely gate this game. Hence why I only recently got bsck into it.

Also, an, that's neat. Engaging with people more (rather than less) through technology is what it's all about! ::D:

an_obamanation likes this.
  11. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah it was actually really cool at first when everyone and their mother was out playin' pokemon on their phones. This one time, my dweeby brothers and I walked through this group of tough lookin biker dudes on our way to catch em all, and they looked us up and down, and grunted stuff like "Team mystic represent" as we walked by, it was pretty great. We were all Instinct tho, instinct 4 lyfe.

Does mystic still have every gym? I guess people just liked the color blue or something, but literally everybody was mystic back when I played.

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

Zapdos ftw! :kamina:

My wife and I are Instinct---which means we're constantly sticking it to the excessive number of Valour players (and not a few spoofers) in the surrounding region.

Mods: BlueLuigi