1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG World Humanitarian Day Special - #NotATarget

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

World Humanitarian Day (WHD) is held every year on 19 August to pay tribute to aid workers who risk their lives in humanitarian service. It is also a day to remember those people who have lost their lives in the service of a humanitarian cause.

Ultimately, World Humanitarian Day helps to raise public awareness about humanitarian assistance activities and the importance of working together to solve the world’s problems.

This year the WHD Campaign is #NotATarget
    [​IMG]
    View the WHD #NotATarget website here

To do our bit for raising awareness, King Arthur's Gold will be 50% off on steam for the entire weekend, and half of each sale will be donated to UNICEF at the end of the event. Pick up a copy for yourself of a friend and help save lives at the same time!

[​IMG]

We who are lucky enough to spend our time playing video games instead of suffering violence, famine, and preventable disease, can lend our support to those that need it.

Please consider signing the #NotATarget petition, letting your friends and family know about WHD, and supporting a humanitarian organisation of your choosing this August 19th.

Thanks and lots of love,
    THD

2. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

A little bit late with the post, but thanks for raising awareness my dude. :thumbs_up:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2017
    Asu likes this.
  3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

::)::thumbs_up:, hoping some new people will join because of the sale. going to buy one copy, not sure who i should give it to though :p

not for eu and us

@edit: why did valve remove the "gift to inventory" option :((?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  4. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

take into account that Geti and I live in the same city

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah I was meant to do it on the Friday night before everything started but ended up busy and had to post the announcement in a rush after the fact - was lucky I'd written it and prepared the images ahead of time. The sale went all weekend to allow a bit of leeway though and people saw the sale even if they didn't know what it was for.

Sad that something which I think is so universally agreeable (a game sale and giving to help children in need) was met with some complaints (though some positive remarks too) on the steam announcement. I guess I can't expect too much goodwill from "THE ENTIRE KEKISTANI REPUBLIC", "Libertaad", "Grimspike" and literally "Sauron" though?

I think I remember hearing something about them doing this to make it harder for hackers/cheaters/whatever to horde keys in one account and gift them to new ones quickly after getting banned but I might be imagining it. Seems like a bizarre thing to have to curb haha.