1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Stevedog [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Stevedog, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Which continent are you from?
    Australia

How often do you play?
    Almost Daily, sometimes every 2 days.

What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone [UTC +/- X])?
    10am AEST - 1am AEST (GMT +10) Daily.

Which well known servers have you had admin on before? (if yes, answer the following sub-questions below as well)
    Official KAG Server Admin, AUS CTF server.

Did you simply get admin because you were a friend of the owner?
    No.

How long were you admin?
    Official KAG Server Admin - 1 year
    AUS CTF Server - till it became offical kag server.

Was your admin status ever removed, and if so why?
    Official KAG Server Admin - Yes, for admin abuse
    AUS CTF Server - No.

Do you have any recommendations from Guards, Official KAG Server Admins, server owners or other notable people?
    Yes i do, they know who they are.

If so, ask them to post here.

Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?
    Experienced, Mature and Helpful. I have experience as an Official KAG server admin and know how to moderate properly, i am very mature, especially when compared to the past and i have learned from past mistakes, i also am very helpful to many people and have assisted in many things. I am well-known and highly respected in KAG and the AUS KAG Community, and i have co-ran MLK 3 with Minooch, as well as contributed with AUS KAG Tournaments. I Believe i deserve to be admin once more, knowing that i have learned from previous mistakes and have worked hard to be a better person in KAG.

Any other information you think might be relevant?
    I want to be admin so people can see me as someone they can look up to, and further respect as a leader in KAG, who can show others how to be great in KAG, while having fun all the time.

Your Discord nick#number - Discord will be how you will receive realtime assistance calls, as well as a easy way to contact other Official Server Admins.
    Stevedog #7109

FG and butterscotch like this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

-1 way too salty

3. +1 Defs grown up heaps. Pretty good at staying neutral.

Stevedog likes this.
  4. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

+1 Very cool dude and mature and active :thumbs_up:

Stevedog likes this.
  5. FG

FG Fran Donator

+1 nice reliable guy, very mature, speculation as of late.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Stevedog likes this.
  6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Made mistakes in the past, though he has displayed maturity as off late. Definitely worthy of admin.

Stevedog likes this.
  7. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Was going to remain impartial, until he griefed today in gather. Basically explains it. Admins know geifing is a ban able offense that ruins the fun of others as do most, thus, the -1. Also can loose his temper at times.

8. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Reason: I was active when those admin abuse were happening; came back alive to ensure things stay as is.

9. TheRicecooker

TheRicecooker Bison Rider Official Server Admin

I remember playing with Stevedog for a long time. From what I've seen, he is a collected and experienced player. There might have been a phase where he acted differently, but I believe that if given a second chance, he won't fuck it up.

Stevedog likes this.
  10. Oh I see my -1 was deleted by a moderator so maybe I'll explain myself for people who were not around for Stevedogging :^)

Stevie has a history of abusing admin, including:
    -freezing people who got his flag in CTF games
    -freezing people in actual fucking clan wars
    -sternly denyong anything of that ever happened depite multiple witnesses

I don't know why this thread is still even open while Stevie has already GRIEFED on the gather server :DDDDD

But surely, Ej is a big bad meanie who -1s people like DirtySwine, Blue_Tiger and Stevedog and they all turn out to be model citizens.

Give me a break.

11. So far all the -1's except for half of toffie's post are for things that happened at least 3 years ago or longer and it saddens me that is the only reason that people commonly state as why i shouldn't be admin; I'm upset even more that people come out of inactivity just to -1 my application, which is just being mean. The half of toffie's post where i griefed on gather server happened recently, even though it wasn't intentional, and i know for a fact that nearly every past, present and potential admin has broken a rule at least once and still are admins today.

Bottom line is, don't judge people on past mistakes, judge them on their actions they do today.

epsilon likes this.
  12. Come on Steve, stop being like that
    You have been given second chances time after time and it always ended in the same manner. Childish behaviour and priviledge abuse.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    toffie0, epsilon and Vampire like this.
  13. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

That action embarrassed thd and severely upset the community. I don't know what you can do to atone for your mistakes but I know it isn't everyone else's fault that you made such a large mistake that your character is tarnished close to beyond repair. -1 for deflection of responsibility.
    People that are inactive still have the right,and may feel the responsibility, to speak on your character that they remember. I'd also like to know why the griefing "wasn't intentional" Because it wasn't explained by either toffie or you(and I'm more inclined to believe the person without the shady history). Finally, every admin probably has broken rules in the past but none of them have shown the admin position for official server's the type of disrespect and lack of responsibility you have.
    How can I judge you on your actions today when you haven't had admins for years? If the only experience you have is negative why shouldn't you be judge solely on that?

Cruxiat likes this.
  14. What you said here is a massive overreaction given the events that occurred regarding my admin years ago; i know i made a mistake and have accepted responsibility for it years ago, and that's why i waited a couple of years before applying for any official role again, to show that i have learned from past mistakes and that i can be worthy of holding an official position.
    Also, my character was never tarnished beyond repair, it may have taken a hit years ago, but my character has been better than it ever was prior to the admin abuse, and even after that event as well; maybe you should join me in gather or AUS CTF sometime, and see for yourself that i am a far better person than you think i am than i was years ago.

Of course, everyone is allowed to have their opinions, and i respect that, but to judge based on only the past admin abuse and nothing else shows a massive misrepresentation of myself and who i truly am, which upsets me, as i am a far better person than i was years ago when i abused admin.
    The fact that you think I'm the only one with a shady history shows how narrow-minded you are, and the fact is that everyone, including you Punk has a shady history, and has done things which are shady in the eyes of the KAG community; what you choose to believe is completely up to you, and I'm not here to argue that, but trying to specifically label me as the only one with a shady history when everyone has a shady history, is pretty ignorant in my opinion, which doesn't look good for someone who is a forum moderator.
    In regards to your question of why the griefing wasn't intentional, is because i had no intention to grief at all, and because i had accidentially lit the keg that was involved, and the fact that we were trapped in our base by the enemy, no matter where i took the keg, it would grief my team by either killing teammates or destroying a part of the base; So to be simply put - i accidentally griefed, it wasn't intentional, and i regret it even happening.

Its not about whether I've been admin or not, its whether I'm capable to be admin and wand whether my actions that i have done since being admin show that i am worthy to be admin. I ask you: would you judge someone the same way who has never been an admin before? no you wouldn't, because that first 'question' shouldn't be even asked because of how stupid it is; You are basically saying from your point of view is that a person's recent actions mean nothing unless you are an admin, which is a terrible way to look at things. My actions and the things i do today and have done recently play a huge part in deciding whether or not i would be suitable to be an admin, and the actions i have done and shown recently, and character i currently have, while taking into consideration all the past things i have done, will decide whether or not i will be admin; it is not decided based solely on everything i did in the past - you wouldn't decide who gets a job and who doesn't solely on a person's past, so you shouldn't judge someone based solely on what they did in the past. My actions today matter a lot in deciding if i become admin, and that's why people should judge me on my recent actions, and action's i do today, and not just the past things that i have done.
    Regarding the 'negative experience' part, the things is, my admin experience has been more positive than negative, otherwise i wouldn't have been an official admin in the first place; i was an admin on Lavalord's, then Cameron's AUS CTF server till it became an official server, and i wasn't removed until the server became an official server, and i had to apply to be an official admin. With being a admin prior to being an official admin and the fact that i have done a lot for this community since then, some of which shows admin qualities, is exactly why i shouldn't be judged solely on one bad mistake i made. The fact you think that is the only thing i should be judged shows how unfair and narrow-minded you are being; there is a whole lot more than one bad event that needs to be considered for me to be admin, the same for anyone else who is applying. You wouldn't judge anyone else based on one bad thing they did in their past, because that shows (in this case) that you have no real reason for me to not be admin this time around, and have to use a mistake i did in my past as the main reason for why i shouldn't be admin; as i said before, the admins here will consider my past in their decision making, but won't use it as a key factor or to sway their decision of whether i should be admin or not. When people are judging someone to whether they think they should be admin, they should take everything relevant into account, not just the bad things, but the good things as well, along with their current character and recent actions, including actions done today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When i wrote that last part about past mistakes and today's actions (the last quote you made), i wrote it with the intention of the person's actions overall, not just the actions of when they are admin. What i meant by that (and should have written better to reflect it), is to judge the person based on today's standards, the character they have and show today and everything they have done (in my case from 2011 till now), not solely on the bad things they have done; sure you can use the things they did in the past to contribute to your reasoning and opinion, but don't use to sway your opinion or have it as the main reason for your opinion, as some people have already done here.

Vampire and LordPumpkin like this.
  15. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

That's just it though all we have is your word and that shouldnt hold up for anyone. Think TheDirtySwine and Maltager, they all said the right things but they didnt have any credentials to back them up(giving people with a negative history a chance solely on their word should universally be a no-no).
    I said close to beyond repair because it takes alot to change the perception of you as the only admin to ever lose their status over power abuse.
    Youre applying malice where there is none(ie the whole point of my original response). If theyre inactive and they can only speak of your past activity then it isnt anyone's fault but your own that you were a bad person back then. It isnt their fault for not getting to know you, it isnt mean of them to come back to talk about how you acted, and it isnt unfair in the slightest.

Compared to toffie you are most definitely the person with the shady history. This means your word is less than hers and less trustworthy. Itd be great if you stopped pointing at other moderators/oksas to justify your app because that is just deflection and shouldnt help your case in anyone's eyes. You are the one with the history of abuse of power(under the official banner), can anyone else in the entire kag community be accused of that? No(except one old russian guard)? Then take it as youre the only one with a specific brand of shady history that immediately disqualifies you from roles with power.
    Your stance is that it wasnt intentional? To grief, imo and i think most other's, is to purposely harm your teammates(with intent).
    This is what is called a misrepresentation steve. What i said was that the only admin experience you have is negative so it is fair for people to judge you solely on that. You assumed i meant that everyone needs to prove theirselve's in an admin capacity before they get oksa(which is not a bad idea imo), but what i meant was that your only actions in a position of official capacity/power was abuse and you dont have anything that shows you are trustworthy with power.
    We dont require interviews for oksa admins. We dont require background checks, family references ,ect so there isnt any way to really get to know you. Reading thru the application for maltager and dirtyswine they really put on an air to convince people that theyve changed(but they didnt). All we know about your maturity level is really whatever you say it is and if we question why we should believe you now(because im sure you said you were mature when you privately asked furai for admin again(btw -1 for trying to backdoor your way in unlike almost everyone else(this is a universal -1 for the background admin recruiting situation too fyi)). Im sure you said you were mature before you abused your power as admin. Your word isnt enough for me, and im sure others, to be comfortable with you as an official server admin.

16. Well, even those who have a 'negative history' do deserve a second chance if they prove that they are worthy.

Not true, 2 admins prior to me were removed under the same circumstances (they did slightly worse though :|), and besides, I'm still seen as a respected person here in the community.

The thing is, they know me quite well and choose to rate me by only the time i was admin, not my whole time as a KAG player, which speaks stronger than one single period.

I'm not using any admins to justify my app here, i don't know where you got that from, and plus if i was disqualified from any official role right now, this thread would have been locked as ASAP when i made it, but its still open, so i am not disqualified from being admin again. Also with the shady history thing again, everyone has a shady history that is different (or similar at best) to everyone elses; toffie has most likely done something shady, as have you Punk, so has every admin in KAG, so stop saying that my incident is a unique situation, where it clearly isn't.

I have not misrepresented anything, as there is such thing as accidental griefing, where you (unintentionally) harm your teammates, which what this was, and I'm sorry it happened. Also, the reason that i have nothing to show that i can be trustworthy with admin power is that i haven't been an admin in any capacity since the incident, and this app is so i can show people that i can be trustworthy with power, and prove to everyone that i have changed.

Ok, i didn't backdoor at any stage of my admin, i was told by Furai to Private Message him about the issues and not make a thread about it, and besides, it wasn't a public matter, so why address it in a public forum? You can not have a go at me for following all instructions given by mods and Furai, i was told to take it to PM's, which i did, and i never simply asked to remain as admin, i was told i could remain but if i mess up, i was gone. Clearly people know i am mature, such as the ones who posted above saying, so clearly my maturity is more than what i say, as i have demonstrated it and people are impressed by it; i am also nothing like blue-tiger or dirtyswine in this matter, so please stop comparing them to me. I understand that my word isn't enough, but when people know that i have changed for the better and become more mature than when i was admin before, then maybe what I've been saying about my maturity, among other things, may well be very true, and you simply haven't noticed yet, which explains why the inactives posted like they did, because they only know the old me, not the new me.

17. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i'll put my cent there, i'd rather have one less admin then a danger of abusing admin which is much, much worse
    -1, turns to shit/saltwars + presence of very recent grief is just gg

18. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Rejected.

epsilon and PUNK123 like this.