1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2374 - New Maps and More Contributions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 17, 2017.

?

Which is your favourite of the new maps?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2017.
  1. Asu_DeadPlateau

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Mcrifel_Fish

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. SJD360_Stampede

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. 8x_Pass_Fest

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. Skinney_Glitch

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  6. SJD360_Paradox

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. PUNK123_BlockCity

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is a follow-up build to 2367, and brings in the map changes that were decided on by the community over the last month.

[​IMG]

There's a healthy mixture of conventional, competitive, and creative mapmaking that all fall within the bounds of the official map content; I'm happy to see a nice, diverse set of maps hit the public stage. Give them a play be sure to and fill in the poll to show support for the maps you think are special!

The specific mapcycle changes can be seen in the changelog, but a few things are worth pointing out:
    • The cycle changes are for CTF only.
    • Many maps were removed to make room for new maps and to help keep the cycle fresh.
    • The cycle is still 44 maps long, so there's still probably some fat to cut if we want a lean cycle with seasonal updates.
    • No maps have been deleted or removed from the files, so if you have a favourite to play with friends you can still run it on your own server without hassle.
    You can read more about each map decision here, and the map team are always happy to take feedback (in that thread or here) - be sure to let them know if they've axed one of your faves, or (more importantly) if you love one of the new maps!

There are also a few minor changes, fixes and contributions from github and internally. Most notably:
    • Tips are fixed
    • There's a work in progress Russian translation
    • Buckets start off filled with 3 charges of water right out of the shop.

That leaves retouched emotes, more performance work and further improved translation support for the next build. Looking forward to it.

Have Fun!
    Max

Code:
    Changelog for Build 2374

Maps:

[modified] CTF mapcycle changes: (big thanks to the maps team!)
    	[added] Asu_DeadPlateau, Mcrifel_Fish, SJD360_Stampede, 8x_Pass_Fest, Skinney_Glitch, SJD360_Paradox, PUNK123_BlockCity
    	[removed] Cerbero's Rift, ffsff_ClassicWar2,  ffsff_SecludedForest, ffsff_UnderhangPit2, Lavaguy678_Meadow, Mazey_Rioter, Potatobird_SharkRomance, Punk123_MemoryLane, Punk123_Hillo, Punk123_AntKing, Punk123_AlienFrogAssault, SJD360_Overdose2, an_obamanation_AlientAntAssault, Punk123_toothgrinderx2, 8x_Fest_Pass, 8x_BBiscuit, Trekobius_DragonsLair, Joiken_CTF2

Game:

[modified][experimental] buckets start filled so they can be used for fire fighting
    	[modified] KickAFK moves kick-immune players to spectator if they are detected afk (thanks mazey)

Translations:

[added] WIP Russian translation (thanks diprog!)

Fixes and Tweaks:

[added] script interface dumps individual objects into Objects/ (thanks asu)
    	[fixed] incredibly long standing minimap bug
    		(rendered overlapping the top edge of the border, offset when fully viewed)
    		(this affected modders more than vanilla - thanks GoldenGuy for the tip off)
    	[modified] TheDirtySwine head changed to Cruxiat head at mutal request.
    	[modified] locale selection centred and extended to allow for longer locale labels if needed
    	[fixed] some "broken" heads in settings menu
    	[fixed] tips not showing properly (thanks asu)

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Any chance to get fan-made emots into the game?
    [​IMG]

3. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

Ow, that was too fast. I fixed all mistakes, misstypes, wrong translations, I translated missing strings (2 strings were French) and was going to upload it today, but it's late now x)

4. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Some more emoticon options, would be nice. Support for some future DLC content, perhaps? Animated amoticons would also be neat.

enderzilla747 and Nalas like this.
  5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I support the idea of DLC emotes.

enderzilla747, erik102003 and Nalas like this.
  6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Where are the non pg-13 emotes?
    I take all da credit

On an unrelated note: God damn that poll shows no love for stampede:(

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey, can you and Defender Of Basea, New Soul, Grey Guard, Voxez sort out which pull to use and exactly who to credit (all of you, I assume) - as well as who should be notified when there's new translation support? I've seen you've responded on github but I figured more than one place is likely to reach more of you all and I don't know the RU community much at all!

Maybe? The emote wheel is already incredibly full but maybe they could be added to the files and accessed with the config file until some better solution is decided (I'd 100% prefer just a grid rather than this radial menu bs).

I'm not a huge fan of some of them, but people have been saying the same about my recent emote retouches in discord so... :)

Re: DLC - I'm pretty sceptical of trying this too much, though MM wants to try "DLC everything" :) It's one of those weird things where we have zero support for it on our account side, steam supports it out of the box, and because it's multiplayer we kind of have to ship it to everyone and then "turn it off" for people who don't have it, but then also "kind of trust" that they don't lie to the server about having it, as the server doesn't have access to their steam credentials or anything.

Emote packs could be interesting though. Heads are probably easier to handle if we have packs of 10 or whatever. I understand people's frustration with the FOTW pack; it being only so "cool" looking. It was a proof of concept to make sure we could actually do a DLC head pack. There's still a few issues with it and MM hasn't been super forthcoming with fixes or engagement about it.

There's a lot of steam-side bullshit involved in each pack (release dates, lots of images at different sizes, descriptions) which just eat time. I got stuck doing those last time as well as all the required assets so I'm hesitant :)

From the sound of it there's some potential issues with the bucket change. I'm tempted to provide 2 options, one that buys a bucket and is empty and one that buys a filled bucket but requires some coins as well as wood. I'll have to figure out where it might fit in the menu though and how that code might look.

8. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

if there's a decent emote dlc (or some really cool head packs - classic heads gib gib gib) then i'd switch from standalone to steam just for this lmao

emote wheel - could make two emote wheels, maybe? have one be all the current heads we have, the second wheel would be fan emotes/dlc emotes

enderzilla747, Cruxiat and Blue_Tiger like this.
  9. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

I lead our team of translators, so I should be notified. But Asu does that thing anyway. And also I change some scripts for expanding strings to translate (for example, translated builder's blocks). I'll upload a final version of Russian translation soon on github.

Biurza and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

With a couple of the maps you need rats to actualy win the game, without them is nearly impossible but its doable with unbalanced teams ofc. Some people like this i gues.

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Btw attack and defence mod is not working on the official us modded server. The blue team won't spawn, nor during or after the building time, only attackers spawn.

12. Geti

Which?

Thanks for letting me know - did anything show up in the client logs or will I have to go spelunking on the server? I don't really have time to dig into it before next week (its 2pm Friday for me here) but anything you have might help. I can give the modded server a bit of attention in general next week if people are interested; there'll be a hotfix build that potentially contains an AngelScript upgrade as well, depending on how it goes in testing.

Thanks, I'll keep responses on github since you seem active enough there :) Will be merged in next week before the build.

Maybe? I feel like a grid would better map to most existing emoji interfaces and could keep most recent 5 at the top or something. I'm not exactly going to rush on either though, haha.

Good to know. I prefer the standalone 25252525 We'll have to tackle it at some point, probably just a matter of when.

mcrifel and bunnie like this.
  13. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Please don't remove the emote wheel. ::(:

Blue_Tiger and Cruxiat like this.
  14. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

yeah I feel like everyone's adjusted to the emote wheel already, maybe a way to bind your 1-9 keys to new emotes / make your own emote wheel from in-game? just make sure you don't remove my easy access smack talk of the classic 25252525 or :wink:

Magmus, enderzilla747 and Biurza like this.
  15. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Already a thing

16. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

should be a feature, not through file digging imo

17. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

In a perfect world, yes. There are more important things to be done right now tho.

Cruxiat likes this.
  18. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

Thanks for adding the bucket change!

19. Geti

What punk says, would love to do another QoL pass though.

We'll see what happens about the emotes.

You're welcome! There's actually a separate "filled bucket" option in the shop next build which costs 10c as well as 10 wood because some unscrupulous folks were spamming them and its probably good for builders to have something to spend coins on too. The spamming is also less of an issue next build anyway because if they are spammed they unload their water slowly to prevent them all splashing at once as they die.

Today I spent longer than I'd like fixing the mac build with the new angelscript version. I'll be merging in github PRs and internal PRs in the meantime but I'm not sure if there'll be time for a build today or not.

E: yeah, no build - we found bugs in the new version of AS so we've had to splice those changes out for now; I've merged in all the outstanding github stuff though and some internal stuff as well.

We'll probably get one out next week though with a raft of smaller changes, some map fixes, more translation stuff and so on. Sorry to the contributors for not pushing anything out today, I worked a full 12 hours though and I'm not going to stay up later to make sure nothing burns down, and it'll get better testing this way.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  20. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Player marking always marks me whenever I play, I assume because I'm in my own clan if that makes sense. Could this be fixed because it's so damn annoying.