1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

It's happened, 3 digits KDR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8x, Oct 29, 2017.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So I've been kindof roleplaying lately, making it "a game of no dyeing". Toying with different nicknames, being the camper that shoots you in the knee, drops spikes from the darkness, and winks when he knows the death cam is at him.

Yesterday, saturday 28th of October 2017, player nicknamed Hemmingway and I started a race to get the higher KDR in the server. We both reached around 60ish, being he, the fake writer, faster in reaching those numbers. His strategy was based on throwing spikes and mines with a trmapoline from the top of a castle mostly; mine, kills as archer, and some mines or spikes and traps here and there. Everytime he got a kill he dropped some poetry down in the chatbox; from my side, I ended typing "just another victim".

dllhost_2017-10-29_22-57-18.png
    Hemmingway (aka Intermediate) and I kept a nice pace with 0 deaths for a while

So I decided today to start doing the same, got myself a new cool nickname (always using the max number of digits), and before I noticed I arrived to a notorius 20ish KDR. Then I joined spectators, left home for a coffee, paid 1.50€, feeling a bit colder than lately in the streets, holding a warm paper cup in my hands, head deep walking back home, and hoping that I hadn't been votekicked, which now I wish that had happened, as I dropped around 3 more hours playing after that, and now I don't feel my hands, but that's okay.

After some fun and not that much dedication, I arrived to a respectable number that made me think "what if I try to get to this unkown place almost surely nobody has ever been, the unkown lands of the three digits KDR?".

So there I go, italian coffee and french breton cookies on one side of my desk, old books of militar strategy on the other, embracing in my mind what could be called "an historical moment in the gaming history".

Things started to get a bit more serious, and with time I started to relax and even getting more accurate and dedicated as builder, but also keeping in mind that I was facing some risk of death by exhaustion. After I could see the face of the black messenger, I delighted my sight with such a perfect castle as the following, built by a "once a griefer now a regular fella" kind of player, and helped me into continueing with my journey.

dllhost_2017-10-29_22-55-27.png
    Perhaps the guy actually wanted his base to feed a fire.

Coming with a serious attitude, and being less of a joyful team mate than I usually are, I got to this situation:

dllhost_2017-10-29_22-56-15.png

No deaths, and 3 more kills to the three digits KDR era. I started to panick, and thought "perhaps I will break the game if that happens". I actually almost suffered a heart attack when I say this in my screen:

dllhost_2017-10-29_22-55-52.png

Had I really broken the game already, before arriving to the awaited number? It turned out that I had pressed f6 to remove the ui so as to shoot better.

So i started to get nervous, and I dropped 1 death, 1 miserable death. Then I remembered that the goal was still reachable, as 1 death doesn't split the KDR, and soon I arrived to the goal. Here is the proof!

dllhost_2017-10-29_22-56-25.png
    Also, I kept playing, and despite I was very tired, I reached 117 kills. At kill 118 a knight got me, and I left the server, thirsty, hungry, and carried gracefully by a cheering mob.

I have to say thanks to everybody that supported me, and to everybody that suffered me. Now, I can't wait to see somebody reach a 200 KDR. Here I end it, I am heading to bed for a well deserved shut-eye.

Cheers.

Hallic, Titmau5, Trumbles and 25 others like this.
  2. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Sad. I've had more than 200 and I was on the battlefield most of the time (took a little hour). I believe you remember?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    ShamWow-SuperRag, Varion and Osmal like this.
  3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

yea, sure :potato::kappa:

Fuzzle likes this.
  4. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

This is from a different game (as stated, it's not my record):
    Just to debunk the claim.

5. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Mate look at this!
    eZ.png took me like 1 min in photoshop
    P.S Take it with humor.
    Also gg 8x my highest was probably around 30 - 40 :wink:

Blubahub, Blue_Tiger, toffie0 and 4 others like this.
  6. And then there's me. I get happy when I get a KDR of 0.5 of more

7. ValiantVoyager

ValiantVoyager Ballista Bolt Thrower

Glorious m8:ehh:

Biurza and butterscotch like this.
  8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Thanks for the bug report, as a workaround i'll implement a script killing you once in a while.

9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I do remember Fuzzle getting around 250kills and no deaths back in the day. Mostly as builder making traps and whatnot iirc.

This isn't sad Fuzzle, it's a moment to celebrate I also got there, and I did it mostly as archer! It's my journey to the Hades. Being serious here, I challenge you to do the same, so we can keep this further, and perhaps reach somehow a 4 digits KDR someday. Game is harder and more risky nowadays, and players got better and know the tricks.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Yea, ok: Grats!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

12/10 would read again. Best romance I've seen unfold this side of Antony & Cleopatra. <3

12. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

how about this?
    upload_2017-10-31_10-51-27.png
    or this
    upload_2017-10-31_10-53-13.png
    or maybe even this
    upload_2017-10-31_10-53-34.png :potato:

Achillios, mcrifel and Magmus like this.
  13. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Basshunter and Osmal like this.
  14. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

that aint photoshopped, its a bug in the game if anything

Basshunter and Magmus like this.
  15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

over 3 months after @8x's post, i finally got 109/0 kdr and with some help from him beat his zero-death record :)

slaughterhouse.png
    We made a rather pretty thing on this beloved and well-liked map. I called this beautiful building a "slaughterhouse". I dropped mines and spikes from here.
    At a certain point some salty guy got accidentally killed by me, so the badmin @Vampire after his complaints went spec and threatened to ban me if I teamkill someone with a spike again. I, obviously, went archer; but I found it a rather boring and uneffective way to get kills. Dropping mines and spikes was a lot better, so I immediately went back to builder just after he left ;)
    lagva.png
    Making love with @Lavaguy678 when having 99 kdr
    109kdr2.png

Ended up with 109 kdr and 0 deaths; I quickly got myself killed after that [took over 1,5 a hour and became pretty tiring at that point, haha]

Next goal: 200 kdr C:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    ValiantVoyager, epsilon, Ni and 10 others like this.
  16. 8x

Yes!
    This became officially a challenge.

Magmus and bunnie like this.
  17. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Very well written 8x, a good read.

18. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

[​IMG]
    well, it's been almost 2 years but here we go, 228 KDR no death

@EDIT: also it's 8 years since I started playing kag (23 dec 2011), woo ::):

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Ni, Magmus and Biurza like this.
  19. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Noob k/d
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2019, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2019 ---
    Oh wait. Considering it's a noob game now, that k/d is in fact a "noob noob k/d".

bunnie likes this.
  20. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

new record, 343. died soon after this screenshot
    screen-20-04-05-21-30-46.png

took quite a bit, was only playing seriously for pretty much first ~6h (14:20-20:20), got tired after that and wasted time on chatting on discord. i tried to play very safe so obviously it was a very slow pace.

going to try for 500 in a week maybe, eventually i'd like to reach at least 800

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020