1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classes/Items Territory Control: Official Forum Badgers

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by TFlippy, Mar 4, 2017.

1. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Rip in peace, looks like it finally crashed. Good times though @MillerTheRealRacoon @TFlippy
    Rest in peace iron mountain and crazy complex factory.

2. Gati

Gati Catapult Fodder

Can't connect idk why, it says connecting and then 3 dots appear it's only happening with TC
    Edit: it also seems to crash sometimes instead of just disconnecting

fuyukikun likes this.
  3. fuyukikun

fuyukikun Bison Rider

Lots of other players seem to be facing the same issue, a fix would be very useful

4. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Haven't given feedback in a while, now seems like a good time.
    Unfortunately this mod is really unbalanced right now, with spawns being destroyed by upgraded bases and range added to stop "spawngriefing," (which was a really bad change by the way since it was already difficult enough to fight back against teams that are too large and advanced and now you can't even do so with sword and shield) and in vertical maps such as skynet where land is rare it just means that 1 team can dominate the advantageous higher ground without contest because contest is banned. Many maps have been descending into one sided hunting season's where neuts are ez game. I understand that neutrals spawning as chicken's once all spawns were destroyed was supposed to stop this happening, but no team in their right mind would break all the spawns and risk complete destruction at the hands of chickens and instead they'd just break all but 1 spawn so they can create a death zone for neutrals as they spawn.

Another problem for newer teams is heavy knight and heavy bombers both of which are nearly completely indestructible outside of using bombs or guns which makes it even more difficult for newly created teams to at least be able to defend their base... because just forget about launching a counteroffensive, especially if they have a S.A.M or Tesla coil.

Suggestions:
    Either remove range and allow "spawngriefing" so players can do something to retaliate against OP teams or drastically lower the requirements needed for neutrals to spawn as chickens. I feel like neutrals becoming chickens should be the choice of neutrals in some way shape or form and not for teams to decide.

Nerf into oblivion heavy knight and heavy bomber so they're no longer able to cap less advanced teams ezpz, long ago this wasn't a problem because you could swap to sapper class at base and heavy knight didn't have such ridiculously high defense against other knights.

Bandits need buffing not nerfing, right now bandits are not the least bit threatening as teams just keep getting more and more OP toys to play with whereas bandits seemingly just keep getting nerfed, such as higher costs to build bandit hideouts and it's much easier destroy with sword as knight.

Depending on how many neutral spawns are broken increase the rate at which neuts respawn as chickens upon death e.g. 1 spawn broken = 5% chance, 2 spawns broken 10% chance and so on. Also increase the range of bases so they can break spawns without having to be right next to them and give faction leaders the ability to detonate their own base on a timer (Like R.O.F.L) in the faction menu so that they can cap and destroy other bases to prevent the waves of poultry.

Personally i'd like to see heavy knight reworked into something else, perhaps "Royal Knight." I think it'd be really cool if "Royal Knight" gave you a couple more hearts of health and resistance to all types of bombs, fire and bullets (excluding the more powerful armor piercing guns such as sniper) while still moving at the same speed as normal knight and still beatable by a good bandit or normal knight.

Hope my suggestions are considered, especially the last one, thanks.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    SlashDemon, TFlippy and GoldenGuy like this.
  5. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

*Reading* Why must you call the royal armored knight a "heavy knight" but then suggest calling the royal armored knight a "royal knight". WHY MUST YOU SWITCH THEM SO CASUALLY.

6. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

The chance to spawn as a chicken increasing with destroyed spawns is a pretty good idea, I'll probably add that next update. I may as well decrease the sword resistance of the royal guards, since they're indeed quite overpowered unless you're using guns.

SlashDemon likes this.
  7. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

even if you are using guns they are op, the taser is the only weapon to use against it

8. blackguy123

blackguy123 Bison Rider

@TFlippy i think you should replace the void entrances with bedrock layer
    Why.
    - The void may stop bombers from bombing the faction base.
    - Players(like me), keep falling into the void, as well as the materials that they die with. Like exosuits and rare items.
    However, you can keep the void for separation of the chicken coop bases.

- can you allow the placing of blocks under the faction base? Because you can break the bottom of the faction base. But cant build under it!
    same with the other cappable buildings. ex. trading_posts, witch_huts, coal_mines, oil_pumps
    - Fire is one of the main lag factor. I think you know this but figuring a solution to the lag fires may improve the server.
    - Also, why cant instead of removing chicken spawning when chicken camp bases are introduced into the map, why cant you increase it. Makes more sense of [more chicken spawn camps = more chicken spawns]

-Hope most of this is added.

enderzilla747 likes this.
  9. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

*Asking Fil to get rid of void pits*

Ahahaha, that'll never happen xD

10. blackguy123

blackguy123 Bison Rider

xD my true intentions is for automatic drilling moles tflippy told me about now im addicted to it

11. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I built this tower sky high and made entirely out of iron with iron doors running all the way up each side of the tower yet no one was able to join and see it due to the map being bugged, feels bad.
    rip.PNG
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 4, 2017 ---
    Royal Knight is totally useless in an actual war, the only things it can do are completely crush new teams, bandit bases since bandits cannot do anything at all to fight back against it except throw fire bombs and lastly destroy teams that are on the very brink of destruction since it allows you to easily cap their base once you've already gotten access to it. Royal Knight is not viable in an active ongoing war because it is 1 shot by bombs (which even bandits have access to these days) and with the right guns in hand (such as sniper rifle) all you gotta do is shoot to win.
    In actual fights though speed and guns are everything (but mostly guns), an archer or knight with one of those chicken shotguns can 1 shot other knights ezpz, for example it'd be too risky to wear royal armor and carry around some super chicken weap because you're too slow and can be gibbed by some knight or archer wearing a suicide vest or some random bandit deciding to chuck a bomb at you and take everything you have.

Sword & shield has been way too neglected in my opinion, I'd really like to see knight made viable again by getting a new sort of knight with high resistance against bullets, bombs and fire but only normal resistance against sword. Basically i'd like to see balance between sword & shield and guns.

My idea for a better Royal Knight is
    -High res against bullets, fire and bombs
    -6 hearts of health
    -Normal knight speed
    Depending on the bomb used and how easy it is to use as a throwable weapon, damage to the royal knight does between 2-5 hearts of damage (excluding nuclear bombs which are an instakill)

#MakeKnightGreatAgain

Also players that create teams should automatically be made the leader of said team, I've seen plenty of people making bases and forgetting to make themselves leader (myself included) only for somebody else to join and make themselves leader instead which would then allow them to kick the person who actually created the team. Also when the leader of a faction leaves the server the role of leader should automatically be given to another player in that faction, I've seen salty neutrals seize that opportunity by joining and then proceeding to kick everybody in that team.

12. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

Before the ballistic vest and helmet were added, I used to wear the armor, put on a jetpack, put on a scuba diver helmet, and get a good gun. I'd be on my way killing enemies and chickens. Now it's just better to wear ballistic armor and jump around via bombs or mining through their base. I guess I can get a royal guard knight wearing a backpack that has bombs/jetpack, use up all the bombs inside the backpack, then discard the backpack. Wear the jetpack to do more chaos.

13. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Yeah Jetpack makes the armor a little less painful to use in the field, but the costs of creating/getting a gun, ammo, Jetpack, scuba helmet and the armor itself is far too much in comparison to some random bandit who can mess you up in an instant with their cheap small bombs or oil bombs in the case of oil well campers. The armor is so slow and guns these days are so powerful that the armor just isn't worth it.
    The armor doesn't have much use outside of capping bases and eliminating new factions, which is why i suggest adding bomb/fire/bullet res, giving it normal speed and giving it around 6 hearts so it isn't ridiculously tanky in close combat.

14. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

A rather small update, mostly meant for testing of the new faction-related features.
    Update v81: Fortified Badgers
    • Improved Faction Management - added two new buttons. One for base demolition, and another for emergency mode which sets of an alarm and calls your teammates into your base.
    • Added Citadel, a new faction base upgrade with increased health, massive inventory, longer capture time and ability to spawn players with 150% of base health. It's quite expensive to build, though.
    • Added LWS, a chicken-manufactured system for shooting down projectiles, such as rockets, artillery shells or arrows.
    • Added a new map, TFlippy_TC_Mesa_v1.png
    • Reworked faction base capture times.
    • Changed Exosuit's gameplay a bit - increased stun time after reflecting damage, added regeneration, changed damage resistances
    • Royal Guards are now more suspectible to swords
    • You can finally build under bases
    • Improved guided missiles' math, so they should no longer spaz around
    • @GoldenGuy Improved tile particle effects
    • Fixed loads of various bugs - error on server after capturing base as a player chicken, bombers' inventories being accessible while piloting it
    • Witch Shack now globally overheals its owner team's members up to 125% of their maximum health
    • Improved chicken pathfinding
    • Forgot to make grenades craftable once again
    • Other stuff I forgot about
    In case you're having trouble downloading the mod, you can get it here.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  15. bioanajaraveiga

bioanajaraveiga Catapult Fodder

meh, i want chicken whitelist

16. dredonkey

dredonkey Bison Rider

17. blackguy123

blackguy123 Bison Rider

@TFlippy how about some regular mounted_bow at the trading_post and some fast shooting mounted_bow's as well? And make that all classes except for bandits can use them? so that every time you are a neutral peasant digging a hole then a bandit doesnt jump and murder you every 5 seconds

18. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Can we get some hi-tech swords and shields? it's something that hasn't been touched at all, hi-tech swords for example could have the ability to destroy stone/cement/iron as well as greater attack and hi-tech shields could be super sturdy, let you reflect damage or surf on water.

19. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

... exosuit already does that XD

20. blackguy123

blackguy123 Bison Rider

Tflippy why cant we build a factory that produces bots that are like chicken bots but are actually player avatars that may be used to kill enemies producing them that carry guns and stuff. they automatically collect ammo as well