1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Terraria

Discussion in 'Other games' started by HODOR, Jul 4, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

You wearing at least adamantine ? In all the videos i seen of people fighting bosses they're using Megasharks. For the twins and destroyer im a warrior, have to use light discs on the twins. But vs skeletron i go mage with phaser rifle for penetration. Do you have wings yet ? philosophers stone ?

2. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I have hallow chest and legs, and the only weapon worthy of being mine is the starcannon, I have no need for potions because of the arena, and yes I have wings, I got real close today, but retinazor got me in the last second

3. DarkDain

How can you have no need for health potions and still die :P you can make 150 HP potions, and a philosophers stone lowers the cooldown to 45 seconds. I'd wait until you have a whole set before wearing it, so go back to adamantine for the set bonus, the stupid twins drop the best soul, sight is needed for all helmets and magic items :(. Your using a star cannon against the twins ? but so many stars ;__; use a megashark or something :o whats your steam user? i'll add you

4. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Well its because I have a huge heart spawner, in other news, I just got him.

5. Snow

Snow KAG Guard Tester

I got bored of Terraria as well, but not for the same reason. Rather, I just got bored with it. Same thing with Junk Jack. I bought it, dug a bit, built a house and didn't feel there was much else to do. I don't get bored with Minecraft however as I can explore and look for hidden cave entrances or whatnot. It's probably the fact that it's closer to the actual world since it's 3d as compared to a 2d world. In a 2d world you can't see beyond the screen. In a 3d world, you can see in any direction for miles. Everytime I'd start a world in Minecraft, the first thing I would do is find the nearest mountain, climb it and then survey my new landscape to see where I could build my grand fortress, my railway, swanky penthouse, bridges, etc. Never had the same experience from 2d. The only 2d building game I like is of course, KAG, as the limitations are overcome by the awesome multiplayer aspect, having 3 classes to play with and whatever structure you build has a purpose and is not just eye candy. Ironically, any building you make in Minecraft is either to keep you safe from monsters or eye candy, and I happen to like eye candy buildings in Minecraft.

6. DarkDain

Huge heart spawner ? I only got a couple 20 heart spawning statues, didnt know theirs bigger ones :o and yay you can complete your set now ! helmets and magics and spells !

7. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I got like 6 heart statues and hooked them up to wires, not one big wire though, a bunch of different ones

8. DarkDain

i thought it had to be something like that xD i noticed you cant hook up more than three to a circut :(. I've only found 2 heart statues i think and 3 stars, i've depleted my whole little world lol ! Got four slime and three goldfish statues though :D i hope the rest of them do things when more updates come out.

9. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

I formatted my comp and Terraria works :D
    I locked the helper guy in a cave straightaway, was that bad of me?

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Yeah, kinda :P Nah locking guide away until you get the voodoo doll is a great idea but I prefer to have them all in my base of awesomeness. (I'll post a screenshot of my house later, it's nothing special compared to everyone's I bet but it's good for a noobs house :D)

11. DarkDain

The guide USED to be hated, but now honestly hes one of the most useful NPC's. Show him a material and he'll show you all the possible items it makes and the recipes, i never stop using him.

12. Miaow

He kept opening my door and letting zombies in when I let him in my house, so now I have him in a cave next to my house.

13. DarkDain

I'm going to start building a giant Arena in a new world ! Anyone stop by and help ? This is just a construction phase! My nets kinda laggy too, just a warning. Materials will be provided :o Had a massive arena pre 1.1 but its been wiped, 1.1 added alot of goodies to make Arena's more fun ! 76.2.22.92 is the IP, no password !

14. Miaow

Now it doesn't work again >.<

15. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

NOOB INCOMING! :D (Sorry for caps)

Edit: Doesn't seem to be working just says connecting to: 76.2.22.92

16. DarkDain

Yeah need Hamachi to make it work. Hamachi server is TerrairaKAG and the password is KAG

17. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Righto, gonna d/l hamachi now then.

18. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I love the guide, of all the NPCs mooching off of me, he is the only one who provides me with a free and useful service.

/then joins hamachi group

19. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

The tinkerer is the WORST i mean a platinum coin for a reforge!?!?Moocher saved him from a cave with alot of monsters.

20. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Merchant is worst, he appears after he hears you have money, and dangles the most useful items right out of you reach

Mods: BlueLuigi