1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why KAG has stopped being fun and how to bring it back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ozminer, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

You guys need to take it slow, there's nothing fun about running up to a flag and drilling while knights try and hit you through your spammed wooden doors.

Play the Game slow, stop playing builder like a demolition man. I see games when there is no mid fight, its just builders taking turns at the flag with a drill. Builders should be building towers, instead of tunneling into flag every time build a fucking tower and blow their tower up.

So heres a lesson to you aggressive builders, stop ruining pubs with try hard strats that only belong in CW's.
    Play KAG for fun and then to win.

2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

idk I kinda like games under 5 hours

3. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I think it stopped being fun because no new things are released (mechanics blah blah, classes), I understand this game is super old now, and that the code is a mess, but that's not what I'm saying whichever admin responds complaining about the horrible messy code. For me, the original game is overplayed, and the mods are too. I get no enjoyment. I've played kag for thousands of hours (classic counted) and I can happily say I've played aphelions at least 300 hrs, territory control at least 700 hrs. The reason it's not fun anymore is because everyone's played the absolute shit out of a small indie game, there is no way to make it fun again. This game is severely overplayed.

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

we need kag2 to fix that

icemusher, xHKGx, kodysch and 3 others like this.
  5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

as an offensive builder main which destroys shit for fun and not to win I feel personally offended. Tumblr and Interpol have been notified, enjoy your cell

6. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

Ive played thousands of hours on this game, nothing brings me back like a full ctf server with no cheesy tactics, just straight fighting

7. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Maybe you dont like it because the servers are mixed with casual and competitive players that always focus on the flag first and not the battle itself. Just focus on those players, use water if you have to.

Magmus likes this.
  8. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

I think you're speaking too generally and too simplistically. Maybe you're the one who's over playing KAG? In my case (obviously doesn't apply to anyone except myself) I've played 901 hours (not a lot compared to other players) but I still find satisfaction in pub games. I play to have fun, not to win, and I really dont care if other people play the opposite. The point is, KAG is still fun (at least for me, but I doubt i'm the only one).

rosanna2000, Didgedy and bunnie like this.
  9. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

get out.

BarsukEughen555 likes this.
  10. DarkDragonBoy

DarkDragonBoy Haxor

beta is supposed to be fast paced, thats why everyone liked it. Come to classic, one of our two servers with zero players might suit your needs ;)

BarsukEughen555 and InsaneMTL like this.
  11. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I played fallout 4 for 100 hrs, and I got bored of it because all content was completed, in the same way, I got bored of kag because all the content was completed for me. I've had kag for 6 years, I'm just stating why I am bored of it. not why you're bored of it, you'll have your own reasons for being bored of it when the time comes.

12. Element_Paladin

Element_Paladin Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It's just the natural cycle of games. This game is no exception. It is born strong and dies, well, not as strong. You should not treat KAG like an immortal game, for even we die in time.

13. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

the post isn't even talking about if kag is dead or not...

14. Element_Paladin

Element_Paladin Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Did I say that KAG was dead, boy? I just said that KAG isn't immortal. If we treat it like some god and expect it to be flawless, the more disappointed we'll be in the future. In other words, games will always stop being fun if there isn't a constant flow of new content. We really got nothing these past few months concerning content besides some new emoticons. Updating an old game isn't enough; but KAG 2 shouldn't exist, there is no possible name that will appeal to the masses but that's my personal opinion.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  15. STORM1

STORM1 Ballista Bolt Thrower

KAG Alpha was great when I started playing, until they put the building block limit. ::(:

16. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

i never thought that i would witness people missing skybridges... after all this time... after over 6 years...

i guess some people never forget and never forgive ;)

17. STORM1

STORM1 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, if I had a choice, I would probably prefer the the early alpha game than the new KAG. Not saying the new KAG is crap, I started playing again recently and still have a bit of joy.

18. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

maybe instead of farming stone and 25 coins for a drill, fucking build eh. how do you fuckers find the game fun if all it comprises of for you is drilling through a fucking flag wall

CookieKiller, Qmart and Didgedy like this.
  19. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Just place platforms when they drill, rats can be annoying but there are many ways to get the flag fast do they all need a nerf? keg jumping knights, ballista spam, bombarrow spam, rats.

20. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

I strongly disagree. You shouldn't mess with what works - imagine if chess got updated every year? I think this game is good enough updating the engine and mapcycle, but just adding more stuff and changing stuff that works will just cause the same problems as The Sims 3, or EU4

Magmus, Osmal, STORM1 and 1 other person like this.