1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Public 60FPS Test Build

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 26, 2018.

?

Does the 60FPS Build Work For You?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2018.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Yes, with settings tweak (in responses)

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Folks,

@Asu has done great work and we're very close to releasing the 60FPS build - but during testing we've had a few hard-to-reproduce issues! To avoid potentially marring this very important update, we've decided to release a separate, public-access test build.

Simply download the test build (to somewhere like your desktop - DO NOT replace your existing KAG install with it) and run it using either of the provided batch files based on your auth method (kag2d.com or steam account). If it works, great! Please let us know. If not, please post in here with whatever issues you are encountering.

This build is only available for windows at this time. If this method of testing proves popular, we will investigate quick-turnaround options for OSX and Linux.

This build will NOT autoupdate and is strictly for testing this new feature. If you are interested in helping ensure that the next release goes well, please download and let us know how you go!

[download link removed, use the release version to test]

Have fun!
    Max

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Noburu, Konfitur, Basshunter and 10 others like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

(also - please let me know if this format suits you, as well as if I've screwed anything up with the .zip; I've downloaded and tested it already and it seems to work out of the box and show the right servers, but would love a sanity check)

(also, if you could post those "weird looking graphs" from top left that'd be great)

bunnie likes this.
  3. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

You got it *dude.* The menu is fine, I will play single player to test for a bit.

Geti and bunnie like this.
  4. PurpleSkyHoliday

PurpleSkyHoliday Shark Slayer

Seems to work just fine... no notable oddities as of yet in testing.

Geti likes this.
  5. TheShadowKillah

TheShadowKillah Bison Rider

Works all right, although i don't know if it's me but it feels kinda sloppy even though it was running up to 100+ fps
    (I don't know if they'll be useful, but i'll post the logs)

Attached Files:

• Logs.rar
      File size:
      10.7 KB
      Views:
  6. AJ123098

AJ123098 Bison Rider

upload_2018-2-26_17-6-56.png
    Runs very nice. no problems after like half an hour of play.

144fps when :rekt:

enderzilla747 and Geti like this.
  7. ThePiemaster

ThePiemaster Haxor

Works great, building feels tighter. The block selection and placement feels improved somehow.

Geti likes this.
  8. MillerTheRealRacoon

MillerTheRealRacoon Catapult Fodder

Downloaded it, saved the princess went to sandbox, spammed 100 buckets, the graphic looks nice and smooth
    No lag, FPS always maintains at 60
    ::):

Geti likes this.
  9. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

I can now feel finally ascended
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2018 ---
    one thing that feels a bit off is the range of the sword slash. When I slash it feels like its reaching far too much in front of my attack range (although its probably because I was fighting with zero latency on the campaign)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
    Geti likes this.
  10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

That shouldn't have changed really but there's a few things that could explain it. There's a single frame latency induced by interpolating (it doesn't do it when it is not interpolating) so you could feel like it's slightly further when moving quickly. The other option is imo that you didn't notice this before because of 30fps.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2018 ---
    Can you screenshot the graph on the top left corner? Does it improve if you enable vsync?

11. MillerTheRealRacoon

MillerTheRealRacoon Catapult Fodder

On top of that, I just tried multiplayer with a guy
    All looks fine:thumbs_up:
    Just I wish I could play with a full screen mode...

Geti likes this.
  12. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

You can play it on fullscreen mode you just have to fix it in the startup_config.cfg to your prefered monitor resolution settings and set the fullscreen to 1. I just tried sandbox and 1 player mode and it seemed to run very good. I'm running it on Windows 10 btw.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Geti likes this.
  13. Geti

Person who voted "no, it doesn't work for me" it'd be super helpful if you'd chime in with what happens/how it doesn't work. We can't help you without that info!

Re: physics - nothing has changed there at all, the update logic and physics still run at 30fps, but your perceptions may be changed (and 0ping local does feel a bit different to online, shows how absurdly forgiving the slash range is).

Noburu and giggiggiggiggig like this.
  14. therealoc

therealoc Base Burner Tester

kag getting in on the early access fuzz :)

15. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Thought so

16. DarkDescent13

DarkDescent13 Shopkeep Stealer

18:31:37] Script error: cannot find file : Scripts/autostart.as
    Could not load autostart file Scripts/autostart.as
    STARTUP FAILED: Script error Scripts/autostart.as

Every time i try to start it this comes up could i get some assistance please.

17. Asu

Try to remove the directory and extract it again. Did you start KAG from the batch files?

18. pacman

pacman Ballista Bolt Thrower

Feels like a whole new game!

8x likes this.
  19. Luizio

Luizio Shark Slayer

my game is not completely 60fps, when more objects appears on the screen it falls to 40fps

20. Asu

Your computer is just not fast enough, what this update means is that there is support for 60fps (and beyond) now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.