1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Buckets as unique water bombs

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Koveltskiis, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

that would be cool, but it clashes with the theme of water = stuns that water bombs and water arrows have

2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I really like that idea of making buckets push instead of stun, leads to interesting mechanics but not annoying like the stun from water.

Osmal, Magmus, Eluded and 1 other person like this.
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Tbh kinda wondered if just making all water push, not just buckets, would be worth a try. I don't think I've seen/heard of that particular idea ever being tried to see if it's a workable solution to endless stunlocking?

Biurza, Osmal, Magmus and 1 other person like this.
  4. FG

FG Fran Donator

The only setback for 'pushback' would be having multiple water buckets stacked in your invent.
    I think we'd need to see a working example of how the mechanics regarding something like this would work before implementing it.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Magmus like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There's also the problem with reliable pushback on net requiring a stun of equal length - or the player's movement can counteract it as walking forces are enormous. We could make it a movement-only stun (allowing shielding etc) but honestly imo that severely hampers archer's ability to help against turtling knights over a distance and archers could still grapple.

The knockback also would be happening in the stunned player's ping-timeline which generally "feels bad" when anyone is lagging. All your dreams of splashing behind someone, knocking them into your double slash might be possible, just with an unpredictable ~50-200ms delay at each step to throw off your timing and make it look and feel awful - its much more reliable if they just stay still.

Regardless, I'm honestly open to bringing back bucket stuns if people are into it. They'd definitely need to stun the operator equally, and I'd make thrown buckets that splash definitely break. I'd outright prevent bucket splashing while standing in water to remove the infinite-stuns we had in the past with it. I'm a little worried about the standard "i hate water" backlash, but I don't think it'd add very much to that.

Chukka, Koveltskiis, FG and 1 other person like this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ah, yep, there's the fly in the ointment. RIP pushback. ::(: