1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MrPineapple (Pine) [Rejected]

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Pineapple, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

• Which continent are you from? Australia
    • How often do you play? Around 2 - 3 hours per day on a Weekday and 3 - 5 on a Weekend per day
    • What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone [UTC +/- X])? 4pm - 8-9pm Weekdays and 10am to around 10pm on a Weekend (AEST)
    • Which well known servers have you had admin on before? (if yes, answer the following sub-questions below as well) I am admin on Char's CTF & Zombie, admin on NYLY's Server, and I also run my own server.
      • Did you simply get admin because you were a friend of the owner? I did not receive admin on these servers for just being a friend of the owner.
      • How long were you admin? I have been admin on Char's CTF for around 6-10 months, I have been admin on NYLY's Server for around 6 weeks and I have been running my server for around 1 year.
      • Was your admin status ever removed, and if so why? My admin status has not been removed on any of these servers.
    • Do you have any recommendations from Guards, Official KAG Server Admins, server owners or other notable people?
      • If so, ask them to post here: -
    • Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin? I feel that I would be able to provide an appropriate level of player support and assistance to fellow admins, thanks to my experience with administrative and communication skills. As I am quite familiar with the AUS community and all the players within, I believe this will help me understand the context of the situations that may occur. During difficult situations, I am able to remain calm, therefore retaining my ability to provide polite, unbiased player support and uphold the rules of the server in different situations. I am also very good with newer players and can provide assistance when needed. Due to my positive experiences with administrative positions, I have become familiar with the rules, and how to moderate properly, so as to provide users with an enjoyable experience when playing on the server.
      To Keep Concise:
      - I have gained experience as admin by hosting my own server, being admin on other servers and by assisting on the AUS Discord.
      - I have helped with the hosting and organising of clan wars.
      - I am very active within the community and the AUS servers and occasionally the EU and US.
      - I am currently leading a clan which has given me extra leadership skills.

• Any other information you think might be relevant? I am very active on discord and will be able to respond at most times of the day.
    • Your Discord nick#number: Pine#0005

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Waxtor, epsilon, Lava and 2 others like this.
  2. Known

Known Base Burner Official Server Admin

+1 A courteous player and has a great attitude. I enjoy playing with him.

3. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Pineapple seems like a nice enough person but honestly I don't think he has what it takes to be an admin. It is obvious he is young, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I fear he'd make mistakes, for example he misses sarcasm a lot and sometimes can't quite grasp the full situation like with the whole Cruxiat alt thing. All in all I don't think he'd be able to handle being an admin. -1, perhaps another time.

4. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

pineapple is a very active and one of the recognizable AU players and i think he would do good being an admin and helping out on the AU side of the game.
    also hes very good on a pizza

Pineapple likes this.
  5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I don't think Pine would be a good admin. As Joop said, he's a nice person, but being nice isn't everything. He's immature sometimes - he's young (and age does matter), so it's understandable, but it can also mean he could probably get manipulated easily (see: cruxiat alt thing mentioned by joop). maybe in a year or two, but definitely not now

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Pine is a very active and competent member of the Australian community. He has a fair bit of experience behind his back, including running his own server etc. He is polite and courteous.
    Although, like mcrifel I believe he's probably not suited for officials just yet. I get the feeling that he'd crumble under the trolling/tilting types or would get overwhelmed if the whole server started spamming at him about griefers or teamkillers.
    Still a very helpful person and great friend, but maybe not just yet ::):

7. Pura47

Pura47 Shipwright

+1 I will give all of my honest opinions. I've known Pineapple for three years. He is very keen for the future community in King Arthur's Gold. He is not a just player, but a reliable individual. Firstly, he is aware of the community and has a firm knowledge of adminship. Pineapple hosts his servers publicly, he is very consistent on online communities such as Transhuman Design Forum, in King Arthur's Gold servers and outside of the game. Secondly, he explores all servers on King Arthur's Gold, whether it is on a European server, US or Australian. He is a clan leader and is known throughout the community for organizing clan servers, not to mention, clan wars. Thirdly, Pine is aware of server bugs and glitches in the game, he immediately posts these bugs online. He does contribute as a tester for King Arthur's Gold. In my remark, Pineapple is a young individual and he got more time than others, he is also sensible and friendly, he tries to overcome his issues, and thoughtful for other individuals in the community. I have no problem saying yes to pineapple. In fact, I am glad he is signing up because unlike other Admins, Pineapple is very determined to make a change. Good luck brother, wish you all the best. Have in mind that you will have so many responsibilities.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Lava and Pineapple like this.
  8. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Pine is an underappreciated member of the community. Once I actually got to know him I realised he was determined to better his reputation but was held back by general stereotypes about age and immaturity.
    He has hosted his server for us which has taught him the general things an admin needs to know.
    He has attempted to host an aus tournament to prove that he's a decent leader but unfortunately most people in aus were burnt out from competitive kag and it was stopped.
    He consistently plays kag each day only skipping few days and is very active on the aus discord
    Pine will definitely prove everyone's misconceptions wrong if he gets the role. I even passed on server owner on the aus discord because I saw how capable he has become at leading the community.

Lava and Pineapple like this.
  9. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

Pine has had admin experience on his CW server which is used for all AUS cw's, he had recently started running mod's on the server as there are no cw's atm, he runs these servers out of the good of his heart and his pc, becasue he cares about the well being of the KAG community, not knowing how old pine is but having talked with him alot i have never though he was immature.

And about the sarcasm thing i assume your talking about text chatting, if so how can someone be asked too always get sarcasm when you are reading text, it's not like you are talking face to face with somebody were you have differant vocal tones facial expressions and hand gestures that in conjunction humans use to help covey there meaning .+1

10. cincoscuencas

cincoscuencas Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

+1. I have encountered him/her many times and he/she seems mature enough to handle trolls. But we'll see. Probably the only thing maybe is he/she too agreeable sometimes ie. need to learn how to firmly stick with the right decision no matter how unpopular it is.

11. Waxtor

Waxtor Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. KAG World Cup 2018
    2. Gather Oceania

Pine proves that he is worthy of the role of admin as he has good leadership skills, experience in administrating not one but multiple servers. Pine plays a huge role in the AUS community, now taking ownership of the discord channel aswell as hosting events such as clan wars while even leading his own. I have seen pine help others that are new to the game or having issues with another player and he has managed to solve them even without admin powers. He is mature for his age and I believe he will be a great admin. +1

12. mcrifel

1. MIST

idkman.PNG

May I remind everyone that leaderships skills add nothing to your capability as admin. Neither does having helped organised things. Also being admin on your own private server is very different to being an admin on an official one. People can be very rough on you, they put you under pressure a lot and no matter what you do someone will always complain. I honestly don't think pineapple suits the role.

AgentHightower and bunnie like this.
  13. stephen_the_7th

stephen_the_7th Shark Slayer

Pineapple is an active and trustworthy player. I've never seen him grief, and he is never rude to other players. he is admin in my server, and I think he would make a great official admin too. +1 from me. :yes:

14. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I probably don't know Pine for as long as everyone else here, but for so long he seemed really nice and friendly.
    I don't think age really matters that much, take agent hightower for instance, doing his job really well and my guess would be same here +1

Lava likes this.
  15. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

+1 pine is a good consistent member of the community and I am sure he is currently the best applicant applying for admin. I used to think he was immature but after getting to know him a bit more I see that to be untrue.

16. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Pine is a nice chill guy from my experience with him, but the problem is, he acts serious when a person tries to be sarcastic with him, especially the cruxiat alt thing that happened. Even though he's nice, an admin's most important virtues isn't being nice, It's having an amount of strictness in you and knowing what's sarcasm and what's not sarcasm. As that can make it easier for you as an official admin to deal with any situation possible. And as joop said, leadership skills don't matter on being a good admin. -1

17. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

Joop how often do you actually play with Pine, your EU right, Pine doesnt play on EU and i have hardly seen you on the AUS servers at all, maybe twice in the past year that i call recall, im just wondering how you know so much about pine and why you think he couldn't handle pressure, since you don't play on AUS much at all?

About the sarcasm thing again, it didn't go over pine's head in fact it's quite the opposite, he understood that you were using it and then took the wind out of your sails by pretending to take you literally while being sarcastic himself, it's a very common tactic for defending against sarcasm and adding to it, another example would be "good one genius" and you respond "cheers man your so kind" you see it wasn't him who didn't get your sarcasm, if anything it was you who didn't understand him but it's not your fault, like i said before you cant be asked too always get sarcasm when you are reading text, it's not like you are talking face to face with somebody were you have different vocal tones facial expressions and hand gestures that in conjunction humans use to help covey there meaning sarcasm thrives in ambiguity, hence the issues when talking over just text

epsilon likes this.
  18. mcrifel

1. MIST

I know you are trying to defend your buddy and what I am going to say you probably won't ever agree with but here it goes:

You don't need to play often with someone to see how they are like, I have seen pineapple on forums, a couple times in game and I have seen him in clan war interactions. With those experiences I make my -1, and it seems to be holding true with the way he responded to what I said. Also what you said about the sarcasm is just, no. It is obvious it went over his head, especially considering he was able to make a post saying: "hmmm" on a forum. It literally adds nothing and it actually gives me the impression that he is desperate to be part of something.

The -1 stands once again and being passive aggressive about it really won't help pineapples cause.

EhRa, AgentHightower and bunnie like this.
  19. CrispyChicken030

CrispyChicken030 Shark Slayer Official Server Admin

+1 Pine is a great person and I believe he'd do great for an admin role. I talk to him a lot considering he is an AUS player and I'm a US player, and I've never seen any signs of immature behavior like the former have mentioned.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  20. Nogla

Nogla Arsonist Official Server Admin

Massive +1 from me, Pine has been extremely helpful with me making my clan and has always been extremely friendly when I've played with him. He seems like he knows the kag community well and i think he's def ready for official servers.