1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Small rant about spike drops

Discussion in 'Builder' started by mcrifel, May 14, 2018.

1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Lately people have been dropping way too many spikes. In pubs you now just have builders mining stone then dropping spikes repeat. Wasting both stone and time and killing a lot of team mates in the process.

Sometimes when you are defending your tower and you push out as knight you just get nailed by a spike from your teammate while the enemy wasn't even close. Or there is a hole in the wall and the builder should patch it up but instead he thinks its a better idea to use all his stone on dropping spikes even though there are knights right there who do a way better job at killing.

Not just in pubs do people use too many spike drops but in captains I am seeing it more and more.

That was my small rant.

Didgedy, Magmus, Blubahub and 2 others like this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Lately people have been dropping way too many boulders. In pubs you now just have builders mining stone then dropping boulders repeat. Wasting both stone and time and giving a lot of team mates cancer in the process.

Sometimes when you are defending your tower and you push out as knight you just get given cancer by a boulder from your teammate while the enemy wasn't even close. Or there is a hole in the wall and the builder should patch it up but instead he thinks its a better idea to use all his stone on dropping boulders even though there are knights right there who do a way better job at killing.

Not just in pubs do people use too many boulder drops but in captains I am seeing it more and more.

That was my small rant.

:heart:

Biurza likes this.
  3. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Lately people have been playing archer way too much. In pubs you now just have archers camping behind platforms and being useless repeat. Wasting both slot and my nerves and not killing enemies in the process.

Sometimes when you are defending your tower and you push out as knight you realize that you are lone warrior because all your braindead teammates are archers. Or there is a hole in the wall and the builder should patch it up but instead he thinks its a better idea to pick archer and shoot the enemy, even though there are knights right there who do a way better job at killing.

Happily, this mostly happens in pubs and not in captains.

That was my small rant.

bunnie likes this.
  4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Yeah, how dare they play the game how they want to play it, especially during a pub match! How dare they have fun!

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

My favourite way to play is to build team traps all around my team's base.

6. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

Except when you don't miss. :smug:

Blubahub likes this.
  7. mcrifel

1. MIST

That goes besides the point, I never said it isn't fun, I said it isn't effective and it kills teammates. Just because they have fun doing it doesn't mean I can't criticise how effective it is.

8. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Why use kegs when they kill teammates?
    Why play archer when they are ineffective at killing players?
    Why spike drop when it wastes resources?
    They all have their benefits.

Pineapple likes this.
  9. mcrifel

1. MIST

Jesus this is starting to feel like a personal attack because you seem to not be understanding any of my points. I made a thread about spike drops because I saw a big increase of it and I wanted to say something about it. This is not a thread about keg drops or archers. I am critisizing the current use of spike drops on how uneffectively they are being used, not on how fun it is. Yes there are worse things people do but that is not this thread.

I am not even saying that spike drops are trash because they aren't, they are very good actually. It is just that people rely too much on it. I don't want to be sounding like a broken record player so I will just leave it at that.

10. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Sorry let me just add an emote to let you know how serious the responses have been on this thread: ::P:. It’s dumb how you’re hating people for not playing the game how you want to play it. It’s unfortunate that playstyles differ in a teamwork-based game. Maybe people are spiking more because they want to find more interesting and fun ways to play rather than the ‘tryhard, win, repeat’ mentality. Also cmon, don’t see disagreement as a personal attack... :rollseyes:

Pineapple, mcrifel and Blubahub like this.
  11. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I don't think that he's kinda 'hating' on people, no, that's obviously not what he meant.
    But i'd like to add that - yes it's a bit irritating sometimes ::D:

mcrifel, Blubahub and epsilon like this.
  12. mcrifel

1. MIST

I am not hating on anyone I am criticising the effectiveness of it, I am not saying you aren't allowed to do it, I am not saying you can't have fun doing it. I hope that is clear now.

Also @epsilon I am fine with disagreement but you were misreading what I said which made me feel there was a motive. This wasn't even meant to be a very serious thread but it went from 0 to 100 real quick.

You may argue the fact that it is effective and I am fine to have a discussion about that, that is why I made the thread actually. I am not such a hatefilled bastard as you might believe.

Biurza and epsilon like this.
  13. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Remember when spikes were insta-kill from any height?

That was a fun time

Snake19, Blubahub and mcrifel like this.