1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM Lektro_NImake

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Ni, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Map name: Lektro_NImake
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features:
    • 2 Chest
    • 2 shops. (But going there makes you slower)
    • Trampolines
    • Many ways to go.
    • Some Spikes.
    • Vinessss <3
    Map:
    Lektro_NImake.png

Remake (NImake) of @SJD360 `s map "Lektro" <3

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    an_obamanation and SJD360 like this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

You're aware only one lektro can go on official right(because they're very similar) this is my only real issue with copies or redos from other mappers.

3. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

I think considering I VERY much approve of this map, and that it's 1000x time better than the original, I think my original (seeing how bad it is) should be cast aside and let the better one be put forward instead. :v

an_obamanation, SirDangalang and Ni like this.
  4. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Yes thats fine ^^

5. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Fantastic layout and beautiful scenery, but with some unfortunate shortcomings that result in clumsy and frustrating movement which is paramount for a TDM map.

upload_2017-8-14_14-26-12.png
    Regardless of direction vertical movement is hindered. I recommend that any vertical traversal that requires you to run on multiple walls to have at least two vertical tiles to run against.

upload_2017-8-14_14-27-36.png
    One of the few platforms leading towards what I perceive as the highest traffic area of the map is obstructed by a few tiles. I think that removal of these tiles to create a smooth platform would promote more aggressive and interesting play.

The bushes which are used to mimic vines look attractive at a glance, but not under scrutiny. I think that until there is a suitable alternative these should be avoided for official submissions.

upload_2017-8-14_14-28-1.png
    This area I feel like has the most problems as it has both obstructed platforms, literal single platforms, and neutral trap blocks and trampolines just below making any Knight who cares to camp nigh unapproachable by Archers.

Fuzzle and Ni like this.
  6. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

I'm considering to remake this map again.

SJD360 and super_gaming_geek like this.
  7. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Doooooo iiiiiit.