1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classes/Items Tweaks Other Mongolian Horde Official Forum Thread

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Blubahub, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Here it is, 6 (and 3 days) months late after the mod's release, which was on 1/26/2019 EST! You can talk about anything related to or about the Mongolian Horde mod here, whether it be bug reports, questions, suggestions, or something else. In the future, I will be sure to upload this mod to the forums when I'm done with it. I'll also just write a basic guide and description here now...

[​IMG]

The Mongolian Horde mod (abbreviated MH) is a mod where the all the players, who are Defenders, have to survive for 50 Days (~1.5 hours) against an onslaught of AI Mongolians, with the help of various structures that can be built around the map for a price (and AI Defenders)! It is KAG's Dark Souls.

THIS GUIDE IS A WORK-IN-PROGRESS!

Days
    MH's match is composed of 51 Days, though the last Day (51) is not fully played to completion. Every single Day, beginning to end, dawn to midnight, is 2 minutes long. Mongolians spawn roughly every few seconds except on Day 51 (where they don't spawn) on the far right and far left sides of the map. The time in-between Mongols spawning gets slightly lesser (26 frames) every 5 days. On normal Days only Mongolian Knights and Coward Mongolian Knights will spawn. On most Days "Special Events" will happen, where special enemy Mongolians or in the case of the Reinforcement Days friendly Soldiers will spawn in addition to the normal Mongolians, leading to 2 different Mongols (or 1 Mongol, 1 Knight) being spawned at once. The following is a list of the Special Days and about them.

Reinforcement Days - Spawns friendly Soldiers in addition to spawning the typical enemy Mongols. Days
    Venomous Days - Spawns enemy Venom Mongolian knights in addition to spawning the typical enemy Mongols.
    Noble Days - Spawns enemy Mirzas (Mongolian Noblemen) in addition to spawning the typical enemy Mongols.
    Terrorist Days - Spawns enemy Bomb Mongolian Knights in addition to spawning the typical enemy Mongols.
    Minefield Days - Spawns enemy Mine Mongolian Knights in addition to spawning the typical enemy Mongols.
    Miniature Days - Spawns squads of 6 enemy Miniature Mongolian Knights. Will NOT spawn the typical enemy Mongols at all.
    Final Day - Spawns all of the special enemy Mongols from Venomous Days, Noble Days, Terrorist Days, and Minefield Days; additionally, the typical enemy Mongols also spawn, leading to 5 Mongols spawning at once. Day 50.

Mongolians
    Mongolians or Mongols are the main threat in MH, spawning on the sides of the map every few seconds. Typically, only Mongolian Knights, Coward Mongolian Knights, and rarely Venom Mongolian Knights and Mirzas will spawn, but on Days with Special Events, various Mongolians spawn in addition to the normal Mongols spawned, leading to 2 different Mongols spawning every few seconds.
    Hacking-up and destroying Mongolian bodies is encouraged, for once a Mongol's body has been gibbed it will drop its loot (typically Coins and one of the various kinds of Hearts). Coins are used to construct structures and buy various things at constructed shops.

Mongolian Knight - Your standard Mongol swordsman. Like most Mongolians, he'll attack with his sword via jabs and slashes, and will chase his enemies. Their HP is 4 Hearts. Drops 40 coins and 1 Heart. Always has a chance (greater than the Coward Mongol) to spawn unless it is a Miniature Day.
    Coward Mongolian Knight - Your standard Mongol swordsman but cowardly. Will not attack with his sword, instead, he prefers to pin enemies down via shield-spamming. Their HP is 4 Hearts. Drops 40 Coins and 1 Heart. Always has a chance to spawn unless it is a Miniature Day.
    Mirza - They're Mongolian noblemen that are seeking an even greater fortune in war spoils. Their HP is 7 Hearts. Drops 120 Coins and 1 Heart. Always has a chance to spawn, but it is extremely low; will always spawn on Noble Days.
    Bomb Mongolian Knight - Your standard Mongol swordsman but with the trait of spawning friendly bombs every second. Their HP is 4 Hearts. Drops 40 coins and 1 Bomb Heart.
    Mine Mongolian Knight - Your standard Mongol swordsman but with the trait of spawning friendly mines every second. Their HP is 4 Hearts. Drops 40 coins and 1 Mine Heart.
    Miniature Mongolian Knight - Your standard Mongol swordsman but with the trait of being tiny (1x1 instead of 2x2). Do note that their slashes and jabs still deal the same amount of damage as Mongolian Knights (and knight classes in general) do. Their HP is 2 Hearts. Drops 30 coins and 1 Miniature Heart.

Defenders

The Defenders are who the players and their allies play as. Pitted against the Mongolians, they have to survive the onslaught until the Calvary comes on Day 51 in order to win. If all player Defenders are dead the Defenders lose and the match ends. AI Defenders can be spawned by constructing Dorms (Soldier Dormitory, Archer Dormitory) at Empty Buildings.

Knight - Same as vanilla, only with more health. Their HP is 6 Hearts. Drops 1 Heart.
    Bogatyr - Like the Knight, but with a unique default head and even more health. There is only 1 Bogatyr per Defender (unless said Bogatyr is an Archer or Miniature Knight); if there are none, the game will randomly choose a Knight player to be a Bogatyr. Their HP is 12 Hearts. Drops 1 Heart.
    Archer - Same as vanilla, only with more health. Players can only become Archers by constructing an Archer Shop at an Empty Building (where they can then change their class, akin to vanilla KAG).
    Miniature Knight - The Defender version of the Miniature Mongolian Knight (1x1 knight). Their Inventory is 1x1 slot(s) instead of the usual 2x2. Their HP is 3 Hearts. Currently does not drop any Hearts (be aware this possibly might change in the future).
    Soldier - AI Knights that are spawned by Soldiers Dormitories and during Reinforcement Days. Their HP is 2 Hearts. Currently does not drop any Hearts (be aware this possibly might change in the future).
    Stubborn Archers - AI Archers that shoot 3 Arrows at once (like a machine gun; no charge triple Legolas shot) and are spawned by Archer Dormitories. Their HP is 2 Hearts. Currently does not drop any Hearts (be aware this possibly might change in the future).

Structures
    The following Structures are listed accordingly in cost to construct. The majority are Building (5x3) Structures that are built at Empty Buildings for Coins (remember, Coins can be gotten by gibbing Mongol bodies) that are found around the maps.

Storage Cache - Same as the vanilla Storage, only this modded Storage's Inventory will be shown upon the player hovers his mouse over the Structure (same as the Defender's Inventory peek). Built at the Empty Building for 75 Coins.
    Quarters - Same as the vanilla Storage, only the only thing the shop sells is a raw Egg for 25 Coins. Built at the Empty Building for 100 Coins.
    Archer Shop - Same as the vanilla Archer Shop. Built at the Empty Building for 150 Coins.
    Knight Shop - Same as the vanilla Knight Shop, only it sells the Water Mine there for 40 Coins in addition to the normal items (Bomb, Water Bomb, Mine, Keg). Built at the Empty Building for 200 Coins.
    Archer Dormitory - Spawns a Stubborn Archer every few seconds until it has spawned 15 where it then reverts back into an Empty Building. Built at the Empty Building for 250 Coins.
    Craftsware Shop - Buy various Builder-related items here, including drills, trampolines, and saws.

Items
    The following is a list of all of the items in MH. Do note a few are more or less exactly the same as their vanilla counterparts. All items can be picked-up unless stated otherwise.

Wooden Drill - A weak drill that can't drill for long without overheating. There's a chance that it'll light on fire after overheating. Bought at the Craftsware Shop.
    Stone Drill - The heavy-duty drill that drills both "harder" and longer. Bought at the Craftsware Shop.
    Rally Flag - The item that looks like CTF's flag. Attracts any friendly Soldiers and/or Stubborn Archers nearby. Bought at the Traitor Shop.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. GoldyXEN

GoldyXEN Shipwright

:r_flex::rekt::flex:

Blubahub likes this.
  3. MH13 released! Here is a summarized changelog:
    • AI knights are smarter in the sense that they now respond to whether you are shielding, slashing/jabbing, or not.
    • Custom user heads for contributors, me, and a few KAGgers I know (if you want a custom head, tell me!). All non-contributors except @MrHobo (Gingerbeard) have the "Thief Shroud" head.
    • Idle Soldier chats fixed.
    • Effects and Inventory Peek features added for all Defenders - hover over the Defender and see what effects it is currently under, and what is in his/her/its inventory.
    • Added Rally Flag, buy it at the Traitor Shop.
    • Miniature Knight can't fly forever now
    • And other minor changes, bug fixes, and map modifications.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 30, 2019, Original Post Date: Jul 29, 2019 ---
    MH13.1 Patch released!
    • Fixes user heads and inadvertently all heads (was causing the game to break out with the deadly red circle errors).
    • Increased the chance for all AI Knights except the Coward Mongol to be even less accurate than in MH14.
    • Slightly modified the Cache Pillars map by adding a few new bedrock blocks, mainly to plug another hole in the bedrock layer.
    Be aware that I will be giving exclusive sneak peeks here every once and a while that won't be posted (by myself at least) on my Discord server!

4. bsjohnson2004

bsjohnson2004 Base Burner

Let's make a ton of ideas...
    ast mongol, jabs runs quick
    Vehicles like battering ram, maybe airship
    KEgger mongol
    Medic mongol
    Coin mongol drops more coins
    Pather mongol
    pather mongol makes paths for mongols to follow
    Possibility to be on mongol side
    1 max
    to be leader
    As builder
    to make path
    Teleporter mongol
    Teleports him and slashes
    has cooldown
    So not op
    /jabs
    Trampoline mongol runs with trampoline aiding push
    Battering ram mongol Rams players
    Spiker mongol Has a flail
    New weapons
    New weapons:Long sword
    Jabby sword (quick attack but 0,5 damage)
    Bomb chucker
    MAge shop
    Comes with class that fires mage balls
    4 types
    Like in zom surv
    Water
    Stuns
    Defire
    Fire
    Sets fire to things
    earth
    Damages things
    Air
    Pushes
    And basic balls
    shop sells these, and replenishes mana
    at a cost
    Mana required to shoot mage balls
    Just ideas, perhaps more...

Blubahub likes this.
  5. GoldyXEN

GoldyXEN Shipwright

:flex:

Blubahub likes this.
  6. This is around a half week late announcement, but MH14 is released! Many things that I had intended for it have been pushed back to MH15 (and later), since I knew that if I just kept adding stuff like I was then it would take forever for me to release it. I didn't keep good track of everything I added (and I'm also not going to do as detailed logs on Discord any more - actually, I'm not going to even post a changelog to the Discord server there, I'll reference everybody to here instead), but here's a summarized changelog:

* AI Knights are a bit smarter.
    * Added Mongolian Builders who'll only destroy and hurt stuff with their pickaxes. Their HP is 3 Hearts. Their spawn timer is always x2 the time it takes for other Mongolians to spawn (the except is the new Mongolian Champions). They'll spawn constantly regardless of what Day it is.
    * Added the first of the Mongolian Champion (Rolljitzu Mongolian Knight), minibosses that'll spawn currently every 5 minutes (thinking back on it now, I'm probably going to make it so it also scales with the default Mongol spawn time). The Rolljitzu Mongolian spins + flies jerkily through the air and spawns miniature Rolljitzu Mongolian Knights. The Roljitzu Mongolian's health is 18 Hearts, and his allies' health is 4 Hearts.
    * Added Miniature Bogatyr - if you are a Miniature Knight and have been chosen to be a Bogatyr OR you are a Bogatyr and you eat a Miniature Heart (and get turned into a Miniature Knight), you will become the Miniature Bogatyr. Their health is 6 hearts.
    * Added various commands, mainly for Admins (!ban, !freeze, !kick, etc) and Superadmin (!nextmap, !loadmap map_name, !server, etc). Type !help for a list of all the commands you the player can use; type !roles for a list of what roles you have (which will normally change what commands you can use). As a patch-fix to the Spectator currently not working you can now type !spectate to become a horse-ghost and fly around everywhere (thanks Quailz); type !spectate again to stop being a Spectator ghost and you'll be added back to the spawning queue.
    * Added 3 new maps (all made by me), making the number of maps in rotation being raised to 6. The bedrock layer has been changed on all maps to allow players to dig more (it is easier to make underground "dirt bases" in a map like the new Blubahub_Land_Bridges versus a map like Blubahub_Cache_Pillars).
    * Other stuff that I forgot about (and are probably minor), along with prep for MH15 and beyond.