1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Holey Moley! OCD Reaches new levels :O

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Klokinator, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So I hopped onto an empty server on the blue team side, cuz I was bored. I made a silly little castle, for no real reason. Then, I hit the M key, and saw... this...

[​IMG]

Look at the right side.

http://gyazo.com/5b39d24537b148608a6a741198cecb27 (Linked due to being freaking huge.)

Take a look at the solid dark brown on the right side of the minimap. Those are tunnels, all filled with team ladders. That wall of stone blocks is some 60x60 wide, and that's only one chunk of it.

http://gyazo.com/d9239b0326213427896877f53321ff84

That's the starting position. (Lol at all the fucking doors which seriously slow you down.) Take a second to contemplate just the stats though.

10 stone to make stone block. 60 blocks = 600 stone. 600x60=120,000 stone. That's 120,000 stone to make just one chunk of that fortress. Even if you had admin privileges and unlimited resources, DAYUM. And if the map was made that way... O__O Admittedly, if you just made a map like that with paint programs, it's not that hard, but assuming this map was made by a lone, bored builder, that man needs some help. The red team is unassailable, the tower reaches to the very top. Best of all, a dirt section runs all the way up the border of the tower, so it's uncollapsable.

Omg.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Hella like this.
  2. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

How do you get this much time?Do you have a social life?Did you test this tower in a battle situation?

3. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

At second pic :
    Hey look buddy, I'm a builder; that means I solve problems.
    Not problems like 'What is beauty?', because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.
    I solve practical problems.
    Fr'instance,how am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?
    The answer...Use teambridges.And if that don't work use more teambridges.

Wolffkran likes this.
  4. emt321

emt321 Shipwright

I don't know whether to be impressed, or just shake my head sadly. What server was this?

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

KAG Premium, the gold colored one.
    I hope you realize I didn't make this lolol.

6. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Oh nvm.

7. PaperBox

PaperBox Shipwright

so you can only access that giant tower from underground? challenge accepted :D

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Greyfox and I have been adding to it, removing useless doors and making it a truly awesome place to exist in.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oh my...

What can I sa-oh my...

:eek::huh?::eek::huh?::eek::huh?::eek::huh?:

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well, someone griefed a huge chunk of it, but even more terrifying was the upgrade the blue side recieved. And this kinda pisses me off too.

[​IMG]

Look at that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someone built this. Holy fuck. OCD. Now, imagine the kind of war you could have if the original castle and this new blue castle went head to head, unlimited lives. Would that not be epic as fuck? But alas, someone griefed red, and ruined the names that Grey Wolf and I painstakingly added >.>

PS Grey Wolf: Post that picture here if you'd be so kind :D

11. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

You could make it in about 10 minutes with map editor :/

12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

The issue though is that it wasn't made with a map editor, it was made by hand.

This sort of thing happens when a person wants to build but don't want to fight so they just enter an empty server and build like crazy. I've seen it happen first hand a few times but I don't stay long since I prefer to fight.

13. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I do it all the time. It gets annoying when random people go into your server and you aren't done and they decide to play.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I do it when I'm testing out a new concept/teaching a friendly noob some building tricks/tips. And yeah - when someone keeps joining the other side, it can gets annoying. :P

15. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

This is all secretly the work of the Cockroach Builder's Clan, a group of well-coordinated builders who join empty servers, build huge structures, and scatter instantly whenever someone else joins.

Noburu, Klokinator and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.