1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Application EU Tomiun

Discussion in 'For Admin on Official KAG Servers' started by Tomiun, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomiun

Tomiun Arsonist

Which continent are you from?
    EU, I live in the UK

How often do you play?
    I play a decent amount, 1-2 hours a day, along with being one of the most active members of the community on Discord. My steam stats might not reflect the amount I play because I mainly play the offline modes of the game.

What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone [in UTC +/- X form])?
    UTC 14:00-22:00 every day. I might be doing other things during this time, but I always have the game and discord open. I would of course place higher priority upon being active once I am made OKSA.

Do you have any experience with being an admin on KAG servers?
    I have a lot of experience administrating communities and acting as a moderator in official servers.

Do you have any recommendations from notable people, such as moderators, server owners or current Official KAG Server Admins?
    I have a ton of recommendations, and to make it easier for certain current OKSA, I thought I might post some screenshots i have of them recommending me. Ignore the first half of Zanzibar's message it is an inside joke between friends 25252525
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-08 um 18.34.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-08 um 18.55.18.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-08 um 20.36.49.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-11 um 13.22.09.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-16 um 17.10.29.png
    I invite all my other supporters to post below.

What is your Discord username and tag?
    Tomiun#7679

Why should you become an admin and what makes you a good admin? Any other information you think might be relevant?
    The usual things go without saying. Everyone knows I am trustworthy, active, helpful, not toxic, unbiased, calm, experienced, mature, popular, and care about the game and its community, as well as having a great grasp of both the english and german language, allowing me to address many parts of the community simultaneously. I am also notable for being a strong opponent of racism in the community, earning me the nickname "Vanquisher of Racism". I was the one who caused blackiceball, once banned for saying the n word, a most egregious racist crime, to leave the community for a few days to rediscover himself, then return a new and reformed man.

So Tomiun, if you are such a great guy, then why haven't you applied for OKSA earlier than this? We have asked you hundreds of times to apply, but you always refused. What makes you want to apply now? Well.
    The KAG community is on the brink of dying. For years now it has tottered on this precipice, but the community was the thread by which it was held from destruction. Now the community is dying. The official KAG server is rarely active, and people who were once paragons of activity are becoming less active or even leaving entirely. The smaller clan servers may still be slightly active, but this is a common theme in dying communities and is just part of the destruction. In order to keep this amazing game alive, the official servers need to return to activity and the community needs to put their differences behind themselves.
    This is where I come in. I am blessed with the ability not to actually be affiliated with any group. I am an unbiased outside, to put it that way. Yes, I occasionally make jokes, but I would be willing to place this behind me in my pursuits to become OKSA. As Zanzibar himself stated, making me OKSA would allow me to resurrect the community and save the game swiftly. With my deftly constructed messages I would be able to draw the different clans back together and unite them back into the powerhouse which they once were. I am able to recruit huge numbers of new players into the playerbase, and have already done so a few times.
    You have a choice here. Choose not to accept me as OKSA, and see the community collapse and perish. Or, accept me. Allow my glory to permeate through the community as I resurrect it and bring it back to its former glory. Do you want your game, this brilliant game into which we have all invested hundreds, if not thousands, of hours, to die or live?

Save King Arthur's Gold: Support Tomiun

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    The_Osz, GoldenGuy, Erfan and 6 others like this.
  2. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Tomiun: Friendly, lovely, helpful, always there for you when you need his help- we all know him. Giving Tomiun oksa is a nobrainer. He has contributed an almost unrivalled amount of raw gold to the community and game as a whole, and would be the ideal oksa candidate. Honestly, I am surprised he isn't already oksa. +1

bunnie and Tomiun like this.
  3. Cleaf

Cleaf Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester

Tomiun is an active dude, never saw him doing something toxic, we need more active admins these days! :OP:#TomiunOKSA :OP:

bunnie and Tomiun like this.
  4. F22Raptor

F22Raptor Catapult Fodder

Tomiun is an awesome person! I don't know him personally but I have heard great things about him. From what I know, Tomiun is a very active member, always wants to help the community, unbiased, trustworthy and his behaviour is without a doubt upstanding in all areas of discord & ingame.

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.png 4.PNG 6.png 7.PNG 8.PNG 9.PNG 10.PNG 11.PNG 12.PNG 13.PNG 14.PNG 15.PNG 16.PNG 17.PNG 18.PNG 19.PNG 20.PNG 21.PNG 22.PNG 23.PNG 24.PNG 25.PNG 26.PNG
    I'm sure whoever is in-charge of admin applicants are incapable of choosing the right ones.
    so +1 tomium from me. Merry Christmas!

Tomiun likes this.
  5. F22Raptor

So sorry about the double post since I could not fit all the evidence in the first one. :oops:

27.PNG 28.PNG 29.PNG 30.PNG 31.PNG 32.PNG 33.PNG 34.PNG 35.PNG 36.PNG 37.PNG 38.PNG 39.PNG 40.PNG 41.PNG 42.PNG 45.PNG 46.PNG 47.PNG 48.PNG 49.PNG 50.PNG 51.PNG 52.PNG 54.PNG

Tomiun and Biurza like this.
  6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I was unsure if I should support Tomiun in his quest to saving the game and to becoming OKSA, but the two posts above have definitely convinced me. Tomy is one of the nicest and most responsible people I've seen in kag, he can pretty confidently discern someone's character, and whilst not everyone may know him, he's cool with a lot of frequent flyers and most will at least recognise his username. He's friendly, thick skinned, and is active enough that he knows who's who in the community. He's calm and very social in the community, specially with time he's become more tranquil and keeps his chill in most cases. Good material for admin, I think he'd take the position very seriously. Although we had some minor troubles with Tomiun in the past, he might be one of the best choices here. His maturity, experience and popularity within the community are in my eyes the main criteria on why he would make a great admin. He cares about the community and constantly tries to improve the game. He has shown himself capable of dealing with people, is friendly and courteous to all players. He’s very active in discord/game and is always available to talk to. If I could describe Tomy in 3 words, it would be Leader, Administrator and Friend. Aside from myself, Tomiun would be the most ideal and suitable admin KAG would ever see, and there is no doubt he would be nothing less than an incredible admin; he is the perfect balance of seriousness and laid back that makes a quality admin, and a great friend. I support this man to become official server admin, as he has grown in experience and maturity, and is ready to become most likely one of the best admins KAG ever had. If you think hes toxic and unserious look at some other admins. Joyful, gregarious, charming, unbiased, sometimes absent-minded, mischievous and prone to misbehave. It's hard to not love him.

Due to the inactivity of admins there has been a lack of moderation in-game and there is a need for more active admins. He is very active and can help the in-game community with better and frequent moderation.
    • He has gained some admin experience from different community servers over the years, allowing him to be better suited and prepared for moderating official servers.
    • He is calm & respectful at all times and situations, in addition to desirable admin qualities. This means he can address serious situations in the appropriate manner when required.
    • Friendly and approachable towards all players, especially new ones. He is passionate towards helping out new & old players in the community in order to create a fun, balanced and knowledgeable environment for those who seek assistance.
    • He is unbiased and don’t favour sides. Treats everyone equally & fairly when it comes to moderation and justification.
    • Well known within the community and familiar with the game playerbase.
    Summarising, Tomy has been a key member of our community for sometime. An Incredibly friendly dude who is always willing to help others. I strongly suggest getting him in the team, im sure he will do an excellent job.

BerlinerWildsau, Biurza and Tomiun like this.
  7. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

sure just cause he did funni number in my discord
    [​IMG]

(In all seriousness, he seems fine, more help the better. He's not done anything bad and isnt the type to do that from what i've seen)

BerlinerWildsau, bunnie and Tomiun like this.
  8. Tomiun

Tomiun Arsonist

I thank F22Raptor for his kind words and heartfelt support. I truly am grateful for this collection of Top Tomiun moments. I just wanna clarify:
    a) This is not especially egregious behaviour when compared to what others have done, and most of it is just harmless shitposting (of course others doing similar things is not an excuse, but worth considering nonetheless).
    b) That all the jokes made at Biurza, deynarde, bunnie, COLT, and Mazey are obviously not made in a harmful manner, but just jokes between friends. They are aware of this, but I thought I'd clarify.
    c) That the "Oksa when"/"Oskar when"/"Oscar when" thing is a meme and I am not actually going to leave geek cowering in fear because he won't support my oksa app, but help him regardless.:heart:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the kind words and dedication to collecting all these hilarious, witty, and well-thought out messages of mine! Merry Christmas to you too!

EDIT: If you want me to explain each image individually, DM me on Discord.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Magmus and bunnie like this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Why would you give someone an ingame role when they don't play the game?

Tomiun likes this.
  10. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Acts like an absolute shitposter and troll anytime he types (just look at some of his posts in the discord thread/his general activity in the discord itself).

As punk says does he legitimately even play the game? I don’t think saying “experience over the years” means much if he hasn’t played or has joined in the last few months.
    Activity in the discord doesn’t mean activity in the game.

Are there really that little admins that you would feel the need to accept a troll (remember what happened when you accepted bluetiger because you thought there were no other people).

laws65 and Pineapple like this.
  11. Tomiun

Tomiun Arsonist

I didn't want to say this and ruin the joke but you guys have made me do it. The "Tomiun doesn't play the game" thing is obviously satire and we all know that I play the game all the time- why else would I even join the community? For the meme, I turn my steam to offline whenever I go on so that my low hour count remains intact. In reality though, I play daily for 1-2 hours and the amount of people that see me playing every day reflects this. Hell, do you guys seriously think that I could become the often proclaimed "best archer EU" in only 13 hours? I have achieved this title through many an hour of kag play, rather than by sitting idly playing other games or shitposting on discord (which I haven't done to begin with).

Magmus, bunnie and Biurza like this.
  12. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I don't wanna be that guy, but wouldn't you have higher kills/deaths if you played everyday for 1-2hours?[​IMG]

laws65 likes this.
  13. @Pineapple I'm not saying Tomiun is/isn't active, but just to remember that there are multiple situations where a player can be active for a few months (or, less likely, many months or years), if, for example:
    1. They mostly play Sandbox (with !commands on).
    2. They conserve their lives, doing nothing risky, having e.g. 10 minute lives in CTF.
    3. (Less likely for a 0 deaths as Builder stat) They play as a Builder, doing only spawn-building, -mining, and -farming.
    4. They play on modded and/or unofficial servers (me recently).
    Etc.

Tomiun and bunnie like this.
  14. Tomiun

Tomiun Arsonist

I don't wanna be that guy, but wouldn't I anticipate exactly this and have multiple accounts?

15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Also, keep in mind that kagstats is a relatively new addition; Tomiun was one of the most active players in the EU community in 2017, which I'm sure many Captains regulars from that period could confirm

Blubahub and Tomiun like this.
  16. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Can confirm

Me and Tomiun have actually done a KAG marathon, when we've played for about 27 hours straight

I kind of find it weird why Australian people are posting on about European player activity when they literally have no idea who we're talking about apparently

BerlinerWildsau, Tomiun and bunnie like this.
  17. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I cant, but i can confirm he doesnt show up to current EU captains and current stats show he doesnt play pubs. I dont know what he's active in.

laws65 and Pineapple like this.
  18. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

gold floats

BerlinerWildsau, PUNK123 and Magmus like this.
  19. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I mean it really doesn’t matter if you are active on non official servers, this is for oksa, not for a non official admin position.

And he may of been very active in 2017, but that’s not 2019/20. I may be wrong, which tell me if I am, but I don’t see how any of this shows that he is an active player on official servers and deserves oksa.

@Tomiun you said you have multiple accounts you play on? may you post these?

I think you probably need to play the online modes as well if you want to get oksa if you weren’t aware.

-1 until I can see he actually deserves the role.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    laws65 likes this.
  20. F22Raptor

Look there is no doubt that Tomiun is very active, but he mainly plays offline game modes of the game, for example: Zombies, Save the princess, Challenges, & Sandbox etc as said by him. Although it seems like Tomiun has rarely touched the multiplayer section of KAG which means he hasn't seen the real deal. I'm not sure how this helps the OKSA team's case since he lacks the ability to moderate and is inactive on KAG Official Servers. It is recommend that Tomiun first increases his activity on the other side of KAG by playing on KAG Official Servers & to gain insightful moderation experience before applying for admin position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.