1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Sales for all!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Wonkyth, Nov 14, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Ok, I thought it might be useful to some of the people with less contacts around the place to have a thread where various game sales can be announced.
    Mostly, this will be Bundles, sales of interest to this community, and sales I find interesting. :D

Of course, feel free to add any other sales you find, but don't just spam the stuff. I'm an indie gamer, this is an indie game's community.
    Also, a sale of 10% may or may not be worth mentioning, and remember I will be maintaining this thread.

Now that that's out of the way, I shall point out some stuff that's going on at the moment:
    • Show me the games, a general sale of indie games including some interesting titles that I can personally recommend, such as AI Wars, Frozen Synapse, and more. Just beware, it seems to want to sell you a backup of whatever on CD for an extra $10, so make sure you alter the order.
    • Indie Royale, a bundle of four different games, releasing a new bundle every fortnight. Good stuff, if you haven't already seen it.
    • HumbleBundle, PLEASE tell me you've heard of this one.
    • https://isthereanydeal.com/#/ (thanks, BlueLuigi), Checks for bundles/deals on almost every website that offers them, runs stats on said games and also tells you if what you're buying will be redeemable on steam or DRM-free, allows you to sync your steam wishlist to their 'waitlist' to check for games to hit a certain price range as well and then notify you via email. Pretty useful even if you just want to keep up on bundles to be honest.
    That's all I have for now, but I'll update this post as I find new stuff, or if one of you guys has something that I think is really awesome.

Enjoy!

EDIT 12/02/2012:
    Adding a thread rule.
    Please keep discussion out of this thread. i.e. if you ain't got a link to a sale-ing game int your post, it shouldn't be here. This is for two reasons:
    1) it means that this thread is doing it's job better, as it is merely here to list game sales as they appear.
    2) I would love it if these things were discussed more, but by attempting to start a dialogue within this thread will lead to terrible Off-Topicicity. Instead, if you see something within this thread that you'd like to discuss, go right ahead and make a new topic for it! If others also wish to discuss it, then discussion will take place. If not, it will fall away, and not clog up this thread. :)
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
  2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

aroh likes this.
  3. Wonkyth

Yeah, maybe it hasn't been brought to his attention?
    Plus it isn't quite as much a charity thing, so maybe not so important? =/
    Also, Derek Yu is right up there! was the top for a while, 'til Notch came along! =D

4. Wonkyth

5. Wonkyth

The Super Meatboy Anniversary Pack!
    Including:
    Aquaria
    BIT TRIP BEAT (With Soundtrack)
    BIT TRIP RUNNER (With Soundtrack)
    Braid (With Soundtrack)
    Gish
    Half-Life 2
    Machinarium (With Soundtrack)
    Super Meat Boy, of course (With Soundtrack)
    VVVVVV
    World of Goo.

The whole package comes in at $25 AUD, which is 75% off the full price of all of them, but you can also buy them individually while still getting a discount of 50%, which is great for me as I already have most of those! =D

6. Wonkyth

http://www.humblebundle.com/

This time, it has:
    Uplink
    Darwinia
    DEFCON
    Multiwinia

Plus, if you pay over the average:
    Aquaria
    Crayon Physics Deluxe

Plus a bonus of:
    Subversion City Generator
    Voxel Tech Demo

I'd write a more in-depth view of all the games, but I'm frantically studying for exams at the moment.
    Enjoy!

Also, I might be happy to pay $0.01 and buy the bundle for one or two people, but You're gonna have to deserve it.
    I.e. not have access to being able to get it yourself, and not being retarded enough that my poor subjective view of the world classes you as "undeserving".

7. Wonkyth

Today only!
    http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/
    Pay what you want(>$1) for a bunch of game OSTs!
    The list includes:
    Minecraft: Volume Alpha
    COBALT EP
    Super Meat Boy: Digital Special Edition
    Impostor Nostalgia
    Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion
    A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda
    Return All Robots! Original Soundtrack
    Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs
    PPPPPP: VVVVVV OST
    Tree of Knowledge ~知恵の樹~

Pay MORE than $10 and also recieve:
    Wind-up Knight OST
    Binding of Isaac
    72 Minutes of Fame
    MilkSnake OST
    Antigravity!
    Extreme Road Trip
    Contingency

Enjoy!

8. Vatx

Vatx Ballista Bolt Thrower

They Added Dungeons of Dredmor to Humble Introversion Bundle :D

9. Wonkyth

Yeah, thanks for mentioning that, I was too busy playing it to post about it here! =P

Also, the new Indie Royale is out. Get it while it's cheap.
    Again, I apologise for not posting earlier, as I had this info up to the minute as well.

10. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

There is a new competitor: http://www.indiegala.com/
    Games are: Zombie Shooter 2, inMomentum, Hacker Evolution: Duality, Saira, Your Doodles are Bugged and as a Bonus when you bu it early Zombie Shooter 1 and Hacker Evolution: Untold. Same concept as humble bundle with charity and splitting up your money.

11. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I suggest that everyone get that bundle if only for Saira. Great game.

12. Wonkyth

Yeah Saira is awesome. After playing Uplink I'm interested to see what Hacker Evolution Duality has to offer.
    Also, InMomnetum looks awesome!

13. Bene

The new Indie Royale with The Blackwell Trilogy: Remastered, Eets, Dino D-Day & The Oil Blue started today.

Dino D-Day looks funny and Blackwell seems to be a well made adventure. For me the other two look not really interesting.

14. trelawney

New Humble bundle (best one to date imo, shame that most of us already have the games):
    Jamestown, Bit.Trip.Runner, Super Meat Boy, Shank, NightSky HD (extra Gratuitous Space Battles and Cave Story+ if you beat the average price)

15. Bene

Just one day after the launch of the Indie Royale bundle. They have a competition going.

16. http://www.getgamesgo.com/little-big-bunch
    Another indie games pack (they should run some site for all this stuff, now I'm kinda confuse with them). Explodemon, Frozen Synapse, and another 3 games.
    Hot stuff.

17. trelawney

The 99% bundle @ http://99bundle.com/ , completely free.

Quoting from "The Message" page :
    i.e. Lets choose a topical buzzword to garner exposure for otherwise sub-par games.

18. Bene

Steam wants yout to spend all your money in their chrismas-ddos-event. Currently they are quite good in bringing their servers on their knees. Anyway it looks like nearly every indie game but Trine 2 has become cheaper.
    http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Indie/

19. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

They really need to improve their servers though... Everytime there's an holiday sale they go down for hours. :(
    BTW if you never played it, buy max payne, that game really rocks!

20. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

The Epic Holiday Giveaway :O
    1 person wins EVERY GAME ON STEAM.

Strech and Valkyrie like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi