1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changing classes in sandbox?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by MechaTrickster, Dec 29, 2011.

1. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I can't change classes in sandbox no matter how I insert an OP. Isn't there a way to switch the main class for sandbox via .cfg/.txt files in the base folder? Reason I wanna change classes is to try out the target practice map I made.

2. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Yes there is, in KAG folder goto /Base/Rules/Sandbox and open team1.cfg in notepad. In this line "classes = Rules/Sandbox/team1_builder.cfg" put ;Rules/CTF/knight.cfg or ;Rules/CTF/archer.cfg at the end like so "classes = Rules/Sandbox/team1_builder.cfg; Rules/CTF/knight.cfg"
    At least I think that should work.

Yess and Kagesha like this.
  3. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Horde Gibber

Im new To forums So please Dont give Me a InFraction But Is there any way possible to edit the config files so we can Allow changing classes during gameplay ir not? i dont feel like exiting kag Rewriting the config then restarting kag just so i can switch from builder to archer.

4. Winterfrost, just add knight and archer to sandbox rules, I guess you are going to be able to change classes at an outpost.

5. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Horde Gibber

Which line would i Add the text?

6. In KAG/base/rules/sandbox/team 1 replace
    "classes = Rules/Sandbox/team1_builder.cfg"
    with "classes = Rules/Sandbox/builder.cfg; Rules/Sandbox/knight.cfg; Rules/Sandbox/archer.cfg"
    And copypaste archer and knight class from KAG/base/rules/CTF into KAG/base/rules/sandbox.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    And I guess you could just replace
    "classes = Rules/Sandbox/team1_builder.cfg"
    with "classes = Rules/Sandbox/builder.cfg; Rules/Sandbox/knight.cfg; Rules/Sandbox/archer.cfg".

Sininen and Kagesha like this.
  7. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Horde Gibber

Thanks I changed the files like you stated and everything worked! :D
    Let Me also note it works with swordfight too however you have to use CTF files and rename the Rules/CTF
    instead of rules/sandbox. Works Great For Test Maps or Training Maps! ^^ Cheers!

8. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Hello I did all this and it worked but just wondering is there any way to get bombs in sandbox or give your self bombs other then mining resources thanks

9. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

When you add the knight.cfg file you can open that in notepad or other. From there you can change the knight settings, bombs, materials etc.

10. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Yeah I changed it via your thread you commented in.

11. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

How to change map in sandbox ??

12. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Press "Home" key to enter the command console. Type "/loadbitmap [mapname]" and hit "Enter." Press "Esc" to exit the command console.

Edit: Also relevant: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/sandbox.2905/#post-67782. No promises on that information being up-to-date though.

Yess likes this.
  13. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

Thanks you very much :D

14. Skilledshot

Skilledshot Shipwright

i cant find Rules/Sandbox/builder.cfg; Rules/Sandbox/knight.cfg; Rules/Sandbox/archer.cfg
    cause im an ultra noob at doing this stuff

15. Skilledshot

Skilledshot Shipwright

ugh i need help with this

16. feet

feet Bison Rider

There is no rules/sandbox knight or archer, skilledshot. You'll have to use rules/ctf as stated above.

17. Skilledshot

Skilledshot Shipwright

i cant find it though it only has like knight.cgf and ther other ones
    </br>--- merged: Jun 5, 2012 9:57 PM ---</br>
    sorry if im making a problem im not good with these things

18. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower