1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TOWERS!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vania, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vania

Vania Guest

Building towers is fun.
    However I've noticed most people build towers that are not very useful...

I had nothing to do on sunday and decided to design a more useful tower,
    one that doesnt need too many materials and that is easy to defend.

After a lot of failures this is the best tower I could build:
    [​IMG]

Features:

-It uses little materials, less than a full load of stone.

-2 blocks thickness in the base for extra defense.

-door allows allies to retreat,
    and since its placed 3 tiles higher than the ground, enemies have to jump if they want to hit it.

-the ladder next to the window allows the archer to move up and down fast, so he can only be hit for a fraction of a second when he is firing.

-there is a hole that allows the archer to shoot soldiers trying to destroy the wall or dig below it.
    This is the most important feature! Being able to shoot soldiers right next to your wall makes the tower a lot harder to destroy.

That's it, if you have an improvement please post here with picture.

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Good construction. Personally I'd go with a two tile high wall and no ladder so you can just jumpshot, which exposes you a lot less. You can jumpshot over 3 tile high walls but it limits your aiming radius a lot.

If you want to go the ladder route you're better off have a 1 tile high hole with a door tile in it. Very classic construction which has seen a lot of effective use in earlier builds. Though as people have become better at shooting its been replaced by jumping around.

3. Gumball135

Gumball135 Guest

Nicely done. Inevitably when I build a fortification, it's either blown to pieces by enemy catapults within minutes, or the game ends shortly after I finish it because everyone is a gold-digging maniac.

4. Vania

Vania Guest

Cool, you can easily modify the tower for jump-shooting.
    As long as you leave a hole in the ground for shooting people trying to destroy the door,
    without it the tower is a lot weaker.

5. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That's exactly how I build my towers!

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Right that's a good point. Completely forgot about that. A murder hole above and in front of a door really helps against invading knights who try to whap on your doors. You could even put a single tile of door for extra protection.

7. matty406

matty406 Guest

I'm the kind of guy that prefers towers to have background tiles and proper walls. I like to make stuff pretty.

8. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

If a knight or a builder gets in front of the door you have no way to harm him...

Edit: oh now i see that hole... Well done =P

9. Mlembrant

Mlembrant Shipwright

Vania, this is not a tower, its a platform..

10. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

MASSIVE necro

Noburu and potatomcwhiskey like this.
  11. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Might have something to do with the zombie update.

Ej likes this.
  12. Dett11

Dett11 Shipwright

The only problem I see with this tower, is that one well throwed bomb from a knight will destroy it.

13. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

This is from the extremely early public builds so... stop hatin on the history. This tower was the bread and butter of everyone back in the day.

14. Dett11

Dett11 Shipwright

Sorry, i didnt mean to be negative about it, I am not hating it, I'm sorry if you feel that way. I just wanted to point out that bombs can break it. Except from that it looks very nice.
    Also, only 2-5 extra backwalls worth 4-10 stone will make it very resistant. :)

15. souldown

souldown Shipwright

so whats a more updatedd, easily buildable tower?

16. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, but those days there was no physics.

17. DarkD4

DarkD4 Shopkeep Stealer

This tower is absolutely perfect for Archers!

18. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Very good tower and quick just one thing, if someone does say go through the team door with a team mate it would be useful having just 1 trap door above the door (on the stone block) and no ladders and it only cost about 4-6 more wood. Giving the archer above more protection.
    Just a thought but great tower!

19. DarkD4

DarkD4 Shopkeep Stealer

It needs a Panic Room, 2 team doors flat in the ground with trap bridges inside of it with a tunnel out of it for quick escapes.

20. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

What's the point in commenting on this thread? Building this tower now would be silly due to drawbridges being better ladders and collapsing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.