1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 265 ?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Hunk, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hunk

Hunk Shopkeep Stealer

Hey all, my server was perfectly functionning, and then there was the 265 update. I have an hosted server at HostedGameServers.com, they suggest me an update for my server, I did it, and it don't work anymore, I can see the server in the list, I can join it by "Direct connect" but me and anyone else can't join by the server list, (I put all the same configuration than in the last version)

Help me .. :/

2. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

I had the same problem but I don't remember how I fixed it. You can try my own server's config files : http://www.mediafire.com/?e2ahre15q1mcpd2

Just change the sv_ip and sv_rconpassword and sv_maxplayers to yours :)

(I removed my rcon password before uploading the file btw)

3. Hunk

Hunk Shopkeep Stealer

It doesn't work.. I think the problem is probably in rapport with the fact they changed the port from 301 to 304 on my server..

4. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Why did they do that ? And hmmm, did you change the sv_port and cl_port accordingly ? (yeah I know, stupid question but you never know !)

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Backup maps, config files, etc. stop server. Choose reinstall to newest. Put back your maps, game modes, mapcycles, etc

Tadah
    Note: this is for updating from pre-262

Noburu likes this.
  6. Hunk

Hunk Shopkeep Stealer

Sorry Blueluigi, I didn't mentionned that I've already do that :S

7. BlueLuigi

Interesting, I know Noburu had some problems too but I believe his just went away (or maybe he has magic powers).

I'm afraid I don't know much more past that so I'll have to leave it to someone who does.

8. Hunk

Hunk Shopkeep Stealer

Annoying.. I rent my server at hostedgameservers.com only cause they are the only I know who rent Kag servers near to france.. If I knew another one, I'll change directly.. Cause HGS.com is cool only 3 days per week..

9. BlueLuigi

It usually works fine, you just need to get it setup properly first. A lot of the original problems setting it up are that the original out of package dedicated_Autoconfig doesn't have all the lines it needs, which is why putting it straight up won't work.

Did you make sure when you put it back up that the sv_port, sv_ip, etc is all correct? Did you also make sure that you put your old dedicated_autoconfig there, in the right place? You may want to put those thnigs in when it's still stopped and then start it after.

One thing you can try, but it might not work is to do the reinstall of your server again, put your dedicated_autoconfig and other files in, start it up, give it a few minutes, then restart it. It's possible that their reinstall to newest version is set to 262 but it needs to update itself to 265. (Again I could be wrong, but going from 262->265 I have to restart my servers, even if it was down prior to this)

Noburu likes this.
  10. Hunk

Hunk Shopkeep Stealer

I just reinstalled the server to newest version, then I took the config kiro sended to me, I modified the Ip and the ports with mine, and I can just see the server in the list, and join it by direct connect, but can't even join by the list..

11. BlueLuigi

You see it in the list, but cannot join it by the list?
    Does it connect then disconnect, or what happens?

If it connects you then automatically kicks you, try a restart.

12. Hunk

Hunk Shopkeep Stealer

No, it just can't connect "Connection failed, please check the adress again and make sure the server is running" ..

13. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

My problems were all during build 262/263, then I gave up and waited until build 265 and it worked no problem.

14. Hunk

Hunk Shopkeep Stealer

Probably going to do the same..

15. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

I am try run server with dedicatedserver.bat and I have the same problem :(