1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server runs but having weird lags

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by reemr, Jan 17, 2012.

1. reemr

reemr Shipwright

Hello. I get my server up and running. Its visible in the server browser and friends can connect (with a good ping). Yet the it seems really laggy. I can run for a great distance only to get teleported back etc.

The ports are forwarded correctly in my router. I am running Windows7 64bit. Any ideas why this is happening?

2. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

how many slots? more then 32? if so that is why.

3. reemr

reemr Shipwright

No, I tried 16 and 14. Having the exact same problem no matter how many slots I set it to.

4. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Running a server on your own computer will always be much more laggy than hosting it on a dedicated server, because the connexion is slower and the server has to share the bandwith with you and your familly. If anyone at home is downloading or playing online games, the serv will lag.

5. reemr

reemr Shipwright

I get that. I am not sharing my connection with anybody and the computer can handle Battlefield 3 on Ultra så this server shouldnt be any problem at all.

6. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

How are you connecting? How many people are actively on it?

What is your upload speed?

At 64 players I have seen ~1000KB/sec out/200-300KB/sec in + nearly 3000 pps, can your 'consumer' router handle the pps much less the bandwidth?