1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server Wishlist and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by trelawney, Jan 20, 2012.

1. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Starting this long overdue topic to collect various server-specific suggestions made in the Hosting/Troubleshooting/Help subforum and compile a list for Geti and MM to go through. They just love lists. Told me in private.

inactive_account and Noburu like this.
  2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ability to see number of players in a server without starting KAG, maybe even a list of players.
    Abilty to rcon into server similar to ssh, outside of KAG.

Static likes this.
  3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Admin slots, ability to rcon from server list and kick people without connecting as well as performs other such commands

inactive_account likes this.
  4. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Out of band playerlist, server status, map image, etc (playerlist, playercounts, etc dumped to file or REST API or something?)
    Reserved slots for certain usernames (f.e. at 64/64, and I want to join, increase slot dynamically to 65/65 and drop back down when I leave)
    ● Interactive console: /msg, /kickid from ssh or something
    ACLs: Important. I want to add mods that can ONLY kick, but can't view IPs, can't ban for over 1h, and can't shut down the server or swap maps every second. Without having to give out the rcon pw.
    ● Immutable people: certain usernames, even before rcon, unkickable, unfreezeable
    ● \msg and server staff highlighted differently in chat, more visible in chat, flashing in chat, something.

● Some form of hands off spectate (sometimes I like to log on and see how things are running performance-wise but NOT use up units, join either team and be "afk", etc)
    ● Being able to actually use kick reasons, ban reasons that tell you something

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Better rcon. /help should actually help you.

Changeable amount of reserved slots (this may be called whitelist, or?)

That is all.

6. Semi

Semi Everypony Donator

• - query access so make some "Server Viewer" Images via php
    • - Working Unban via rcon or file (like some ban.txt in the folder)
    • - reserved slots hard and soft value permanent free and hard if someone from reserved slots list join some other player got kicked
    • - Chat logs they log srsly the chat and not player join and lefting..
    • - Some Feature to added Customs Text on time, on game starts, on Joining
      (on join like „Welcome <playername>, on <servername> "
      on Time like <5min> „We search for some Server Mods, visit <yourURL> to write you app."
      on gamestart like "Play fair and enjoy the game!.... For the King!!!")
    • - Add some Custom Banner to replace the servername+ip+port by pressing tab
    • - better ping calculation
    • - possibility to add custom chat commands e.g "!grief <playername> "for votekick
    • - Custom Server Restart times to set " -sv_restarttime 0000,1000,2000;"
    • - add custom background music there steamed to all player on server
    • - possibility to load extern confing from player via rcon or via URL

Noburu likes this.
  7. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Variable to SCRAMBLE TEAMS on map change or even during a match!!!

Beef, Hella, inactive_account and 2 others like this.
  8. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

But, I just love steamrolling the other team until they either give up or cry that it's unfair.

Since I don't own a server and I'm just an admin on one, I don't really know to much about the background things on a server. As admin though, I'd find it useful if when doing /rcon /help, that it would give you only some of the more common commands that you can use (like /kick, /restartmap) and then have a seperate command like /rcon /helpmore (or something to that effect) that would give other less commonly used commands.

I don't know if this would be a part of a server suggestion, but maybe if you could change the amount of time you can kick someone on the menu. I know there it's based on the server config and that you can type the command itself, but I just find it easier using the menu and would like there to be a spot where I can type how many minutes a person should be banned.

Noburu likes this.
  9. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Just wanted to repeat ACL/adminlist support. While I appreciate the option of the server guards, I already have a large gaming community with admins and would like them to be able to have their varied levels of moderation without having to share an unlimited power \rcon password.

This alone would be pretty huge and I imagine easy-ish considering you already have the unique accounts/login/auth systems.

Also another thumbs up to having the \rcon help list streamlined OR move most necessary \rcon controls translated to GUI buttons.

trelawney likes this.
  10. Teemo

also another thing

rcon commands logged need to be something like
    [165469] [RCON FROM LLJK Teemo] command issued: \nextmap

the current logformat split into two lines is impossible to audit properly

Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Read and acknowledged. Once we find time, sure.

trelawney and Noburu like this.
  12. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Reserved slots, spectator mode by far
    Secondary wishes would be for a Message of the Day (done in rcon), and ability for admins to stop votes (or is there a command for this already?)

GHOZT likes this.
  13. Teemo

MOTD should just be text, please no stupid horrific HTML ones that autoplay music like counterstrike 1.6's

Static, trelawney and Noburu like this.
  14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

MOTD HTML has many advantages, pictures and shit. Just keep the fuck away from autoplaying music ones, simple, no?

15. Teemo

How about a compromise: Define two URLs, text and HTML. Have an option in settings to disable HTML MOTDs for the deranged nerds.

This way you could enter basic rules for HTML-disablers and show a pretty rules/logo for HTML. Disable any and all <script> or <embed> or <object> etc.

Static and Noburu like this.
  16. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

This please!!!!

17. Semi

Semi Everypony Donator

Txt file with bb code support for ur HTML things ;<

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Honestly, html motds are unlikely. Text based ones might happen and would be dumped to the chat log.

19. Teemo

Can you pleeease maybe sneak in something in the next patch that dumps out current player count and a list of players into whosonline.txt or something once a minute

lol

edit; seriously, I need to know when to restart the server (when there's 0 people on) because it's incredibly unstable if it stays long running.

Static, trelawney and Noburu like this.
  20. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

Or even a way to see it via webpage.

Cause i am not always at my pc which is the only way i can check hows on the server... but i am able to restart it via ssh on my phone.