1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical Overworld Circlejerk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jamburglar, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

That's what skeletons are for. I checked the game files, and they have 0.5 hearts. One hit and they'll fall apart into a pile of bones, I imagine.

Rayne likes this.
  2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Only to rise again as soon as your back turns, I hope! >: D

3. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Yep, there is also a resurrection feature added there. And it seems zombies regenerate 0.1 hearts every 5 seconds at night.

Rayne likes this.
  4. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Slimes are great if done in the typical JRPG style and battle system.

But in KAG? i would prefer not...Natural wildlife on the other hand would be great, especially if they had their own peaceful natural sounds and weren't always aggressive.

Oh and rain, YOU HAVE TO ADD RAIN ALONG WITH THE SOUND OF RAIN.

5. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

I agree that slimes have no place here.

Guys this is King arthur's land, I want it to stay as thematically true as possible.

6. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

One word: Wolves.

Dark_Ham and aaaaaa50 like this.
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

My god. I just had several flashbacks to Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode.
    And in every one of them - EVERY ONE - I was ripped to pieces by wolves.

*Shiver*

Good memories! :D

Chinizz, Beef, aaaaaa50 and 2 others like this.
  8. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I would love this scenario:
    big fight between two forces, and suddenly, Dragon attack, burns down the wood structures and flys off with a player in tow, returning to its base and putting him in its nest, he can move, but its to high, and it would be instagibs, so he needs to wait for his allies to rescue him

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  9. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Now that you said that, we NEED dragons with dragon nest : D

10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

And if we're going to have that, we need to have people RIDING dragons.
    And if we're going to have that, we need them to become corrupt and burn villages to the ground.
    And if we're going to have that, we'd also need bounty hunters with semi-automatic crossbow machine guns.
    And if we're going to have that... I'm excited.

11. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

If there were to be dragons, I would want them to be extremely rare and not too overpowered. It would only be cool to have a dragon if everyone else was like "Holy shit!" when they see you riding one. If they were implemented I'd use them in a lot of ways event-wise. As far as mounts go though, I think they are at least going to add a cavalry unit of some type (reference the Overworld dev blog)

Anyways, if they were to add dragons I would want them to look similar to the ones from Fire Emblem because I think they are beautiful. Resembles Geti's art style in a lot of ways too, so I'm not worried about them looking like anything less than totally amazing.

[​IMG]

keyofdoor likes this.
  12. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I agree with extremely rare, but why not overpowered? They are dragons. DRAGONS.
    I'm not sure about dragon riding (it's like having a zombie pet), but if you are adding a flying giant lizard with fire breath to the game they have to be overpowered (this also make riding/killing one a more awesome experience).

Fellere825 likes this.
  13. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

What about a necromancer riding a zombie dragon.

14. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Because people just want to abuse shit like that and just want be insanely powerful. I still want dragon riders to have that same fear of death everyone else has because they are still just as mortal. Honestly, flying and a possible flaming projectile stacked on top of your normal attack should be more than enough for anyone. But it won't be.. they'll also want something like a "semi-automatic crossbow machine gun."
    It's all about balance and not giving people op'd stuff just because they play the game longer than other people. Then the skill factor is just out the window. Doesn't matter if they are a terrible player, now they can fly, breath fire, shoot a machine gun crossbow, and nobody can do anything about it.

But yeah, if they are just enemy a.i. they can be as powerful as they possibly can be. That'd be fine and force you to make friends to tackle that enemy.

Noburu likes this.
  15. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Maybe have a generic cavalry unit that can ride any mountable critter/player (piggy back rides ftw) and just make the way to get a dragon to like you be hard to attempt, and be unlikely.
    1.you find a nest and go alone as a cavalry, dragon tells you what it wants (or eats you)
    2. you go get it
    3. you take it to the nest, alone, and then 80% chance the dragon just kills you instead of laying an egg for you
    4. you get a builder to build an incubator
    5. you stand guard to keep greifers from stealing your baby
    6. you defend the new hatching for an hour or so
    7. you rain hell upon the enemy
    8. you cry manly tears when your dragon dies by ballistic fire, and go into a emo-coma

(I don't think my sarcasm was very clear so I do not really want this)

16. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I'd prefer anything along those lines not be added at all.

There's a tendency among many that when they find a game they're fond of, they want to cram all their other favourite things in there too. "Wouldn't it be great if...?"

No, mostly. No it would not.

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Added as a real part of the game? No thanks.

Added as Geti just posting some cool art and probably a snippet to allow an easy coding of dragons in if people really want them on their server? Sure. As a real part naturally in the game? No thanks.

Keeping it as real as possible would be cool for the main thing, and then stuff people suggest on the side would be cool (like dragons) as optional if anything.

Rayne likes this.
  18. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Yeah, that was my thinking at first, and I held onto that idea for as long as I could...but zombies, necromancers, and whatnot kind of threw that thinking out the window and turned this into a fantasy game. And although at first I was skeptical of it turning away from the realm of reality, maybe it will end up having a Game of Thrones kind of feel...which I think is a perfect balance of fantasy and reality.

I remember a post where Geti mentioned magic to become part of the game (although he said it'd be difficult to obtain) so why not dragons? The lore behind the story of King Arthur deals with dragons and magic, as well as King Arthur's World in which the game was inspired by. You fight mythical creatures in that as well.

All in all...I'm conflicted. On one hand, I want the game to stay realistic...on the other, I feel like a hypocrite to want zombies. Not saying I want dragons, but I know it's inevitably going to happen. And if I had to choose, I'd rather fly around on a dragon than in one of those ridiculous flying zeppelin ships that I see suggested everywhere for some reason.

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes, this is actually how I feel myself, I'm not for pure 'Oh man only real things', I am all for basic magic, zombies, etc, there is no actual lore in this game, but that doesn't mean that I want to be seeing the game being all pure fantasy like slimes and dragons and wyverns and shit flying everywhere, people turning into werewolves and playing little girls seduced by sexy vampires.

Magic can be done if done correctly, by that I mean, we don't need no magic missile bullshit, but zombies could be considered somewhat magic, same as necromancers/lich, and that's cool as long as it's done right, all I've seen so far from Geti/MM's idea in general of the game in this way is great, especially bison, they are clearly magical.

20. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I see a major split in the players over wanting realism or magic, I fall into the later because its more true to the source material, which is the Arthurian legends, which are full of magic and monsters and such, and in all seriousness, I do not want dragons to be mountable, flying units would ruin this game, anyway I figure that dragons should be very rare, and be a huge challenge to kill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.