1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ban Reason List

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by theBeaz, Jan 27, 2012.

1. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

So searching the forums reveals various threads where this has been asked and sometimes the only documented reason list is buried in an IRC chat log - so how we just make an actual list! Please post more reasons that you've seen or know the answer to and I'll add them to the OP.

Known Kick/Disconnect/Ban Reasons
    Reason 6: High ping ban.
    Reason 7: Administrative kick.
    Reason 8: Hack detection.
    Reason 10: Non-premium player joining a gold server
    Reason 11: Server Full

Unknown Ban Reasons
    Reason 5: [encountered on my server "Goon Haven 32", banned a user for 30 minutes - possibly vote kick]
    Reason 9: 0 minute ban - ???

Sources:
    http://logs.kag2d.nl/#kag/2012-01-17.html#14:56:09
    http://kagforum.com/index.php?threa...till-getting-banned-for-unknown-reasons.3418/

2. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

7 is administrative kick? Is it 100% of the time or what because I seem to remember being instant-banned from my own server with #7
    do you have stairs in your house

inactive_account likes this.
  3. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Hm. Maybe not. I kicked 2 people yesterday and it read like this: "banned permanently : reason 7 - User was authed as"

However there was another reason 7 that read like this: "banned for 1 minutes : reason 7 : User was authed as"

I don't know what that last one was. Hmmm.

i am protected

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

It seems to be that they got kicked for being afk. If you had another admin or guards enabled, that might be why.

As for the difference, did you kick the first two people from the menu or by using rcon? I think that might make a difference in the wording.

5. Teemo

Wait, this makes a difference? That isn't just a frontend with pretty buttons to sending a rcon command?

6. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

The permanent bans were by using the Kick option in the admin GUI menu. I have one other person with RCON access, but he uses the menu as well. Guards are currently enabled, but a 1 minute ban? That's less than a high ping ban.

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

the syntax for kicking by rcon is:
    /rcon /kick playername time
    or
    /rcon /kickid playerid time

where playername or playerid are to the respective player and time is the number of minutes.

/rcon /kick theBeaz 1

would kick theBeaz for 1 minute.

Anyways, you can change the number of minutes a ban has by using these commands, I only use it if someone is afk though since they are just taking up space for someone else, but they don't deserve a perma-ban

Either way, it can only be done by someone who is a guard or has rcon

Noburu likes this.
  8. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Ok cool. So "Administrative kick" should be accurate. Except for Teemo being kicked from his own server... Accidentally target yourself? ;)

inactive_account likes this.
  9. Kouji

Well Teemo being kicked from his own server maybe some underlying issue due to random bans being given out sometimes (it's a current issue), but I'd agree that Administrative Kick would be accurate.

10. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Noburu likes this.
  11. Teemo

If you have a lot of iowait or cpu is behind, expect the entire server banned for speedhacking when it catches up btw.

Apronymous and inactive_account like this.
  12. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Noticed Reason 9 in my logs today:

"Address: 1687996862; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as" - added to unknown list.

13. Teemo

got tons of that too..

Code:
    $ cat ~/reasons | grep "reason 9" | awk '{$3="[sanitized];"}1'
    [10051] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as firefox07
    [26393] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as ajfudge
    [27443] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as argno
    [32168] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [32856] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [34808] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [40422] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [41033] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [18500] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as test
    [61072] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as Sqquall
    [96746] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as MCFUGGINZ
    [154404] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as Dragon Knight
    [684] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as taris_kah
    [2822] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as romano2033
    [450344] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as EE
    [667237] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as zaacman
    [775236] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as jkuk23
    [977634] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as sku11w4rr10r
    [1087932] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as YouSxck
    [1119078] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as abcd
    [1418943] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as Sandwhich
    [24803] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as rm3py
    [41847] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as PhantomphoeinX
    [50379] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as decas25
    [50402] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as kaxexda
    [23761] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as kag625lw
    [63607] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as JoshuaB
    [20563] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as jamtad
    [26272] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as zack5171[...]

I don't know what triggers it either, and that's only from one server

Code:
    $ cat ~/reasons | grep "reason 9" | wc -l

14. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

i got 49 reason 9s and one less instance of wc! :p (grep -c "reason 9") .Not as common as the rest, but it's there alright. Sad that we're doing all this detective work when MM could have sorted this out in a matter of minutes..

Noburu likes this.
  15. Kouji

Is it possible that Reason 9 is due to bad connection or something?

I'm wondering because of this:
    Code:
    [32168] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [32856] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [34808] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [40422] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    [41033] Address: [sanitized]; banned for 0 minutes : reason 9 : User was authed as shayman2345
    So they tried to log on several times or something.

16. Teemo

I see reason 11's now! What are reason 11's?

17. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

No idea! Added to the unknown list. If you see anything worthwhile around the time of the reason, let me know and I'll add it as well.

18. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Please excuse the double post - wanted to update those following this thread: Reason 11 seems to be the server full message:

[470004] Server: Full server connection [id]
    [470004] Server: Disconnecting player [id] reason: 11

Noburu likes this.
  19. Machinista

Machinista Shopkeep Stealer

Reason 10 is non-premium player joining a gold server (but that's obvious from the server debug).

20. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks - added to the OP.