1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Either you were on a server that had absolutely no moderation AND everyone on it's fucking stupid or there's something wrong with that server.

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I was on a server and everyone from both teams kept spawning in completely random locations, whether underground or 50 feet in the air. It was rather infuriating.

3. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

*grumblegrumble* I want to write cool stories like that... And I am now contemplating whether or not to steal your format :3c Can I? (Please say yes)

FuzzyBlueBaron and Fellere825 like this.
  4. sonic7089

sonic7089 Bison Rider

Well all was going well terribad, and then a small FUUUUING HUGE lag spike came.
    The lag somehow caused me to be banned.
    I iz sad.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Heh.

Just played a 15 minute match against a team with (among others) three AOE players, two BLAST players and Exid - with only a bunch of noobs for backup. Nothing remarkable about the end result (we were slaughtered), but the fact that we held out for that long (a quater of an hour! --- and might have continued to do so if some noob archer hadn't opened the front door for Exid -.-) was rather surprising.

Hmm. Makes me think my new fort design is almost ready for publication...

Stevedog and Wonkyth like this.
  6. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Go ahead lol I'm just glad people actually read it :) Thank you for the read and sorry for the massive wall of text. I thought people grew bored of it so it was a very pleasant suprise when I saw some people liking it after I edited the original post into a story.

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You have a good eye for prose. Please: MOAR!!!!

Fellere825 likes this.
  8. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

The game I just played has me seriously considered taking a break until zombies are released... I join, get put on blue (on a Jaedizzle's House server, which is usually a pretty decent server) during the build phase, and all of a sudden I see a bunch of fucking NOOB builders (and no, not casuals) making what else... Door tunnels. And not just ordinary door tunnels...

[​IMG]

THIS DOOR TUNNEL IS ELEVEN FUCKING DOORS LONG. And he kept adding on to it! Of course, when I tried to give these two or three KIDS some direction and proceeded to cut down on it, they started screaming "GRIEFER" and had their stupid friends mark me for a kick.

I am so unbelievably frustrated right now, I seriously can't take it. Unless someone can tell me of a good server where this type of shit won't happen or could give me /v/'s password (I think I've been around long enough to at least take a whack at it) I'm taking a break until zombies. I am generally a very patient person, but there are two things that bring out the worst in me; stupidity and arrogance. These kids continued to taunt me even after I switched teams and I finally got so sick of it I left.

Someone, ANYONE, PLEEEASE recommend a decent server...

9. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

The worst part is, i've seen door tunnels way way longer than that, like 20 doors long.

Overlord likes this.
  10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The only good server is one with an admin currently on :p
    Or a pass like /v/'s, just with a pass you also need a good amount of people

11. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Yes, the overall quality of the majority of builders has diminished heavily in months passed. Eleven doors is pretty sucky, but not the worst. They would have linked those buildings with the door tunnel though, had they been given the chance.

12. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Jesus fucking christ, i only recently saw a 30 (!) DOOR LONG FUCKING TUNNEL...

BEING ADDED TO...

UNDERGROUND...

IN A TUNNEL.

13. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Mother... of.... god... :eek:

tlc2011 likes this.
  14. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

tlc2011 likes this.
  15. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

you mean a f**k**g door spamming in underground?

[​IMG]

tlc2011 and Jackal like this.
  16. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Youknow what.... watching the change in Knight/Archer ratio is rather reminiscant of medieval history.... More people decide to go archer because of the lessned risk at dying at the hands of enemy knights. So you see way more archers on the field than knights at times.

Same thing in real life history... when people got sick of knights wrecking their shit they made stronger and stronger bows in order to pierce the knights armor. The knights in response made thicker armor... and then the arms race was un untill the invention of gunpowder.... or something like that.

I find it kind of funny... Its like history repeating itself in game form....

FuzzyBlueBaron, Stevedog and Jackal like this.
  17. ToxicAdam

ToxicAdam Shipwright

I've been getting better at bringing down towers with bombs. Usually only takes 3-4 placed in the right spot. As long as those pesky archers aren't interrupting my jump-toss, I can usually pinpoint where I want them to blow.

It's so satisfying to watch the opponents walk up to their crumbled tower and then start pointing fingers at each other on who greifed it. Never suspecting it was the one, lonely knight in front of it.

Door tunnels are the bane of my existence. It's the only thing in KAG that makes me crazy. I just switch to build and then make an alternative route around that abortion. You have to be careful, because you start breaking down walls and opening up new holes and people freak out and accuse you of greifing.

18. thebonesauce

It's rather annoying, especially when they're down by like 30 tickets. They all decide to stand on their highest point and spam arrows as fast as they can so it's nearly impossible to do anything. Last night I was on a European server, and almost the ENTIRE blue team was cheating... Enchanted archer hacks (shooting fully charged arrows with no time between them), teleporting knights, squeezing, doing the diagonal 1x1 glitch, unlimited bombs... It's becoming MUCH more prevalent nowadays and I tried to get a guard, but at first there was no guards on duty, and then the chat was down for the remainder of the night. Completely ruins games.

19. thebonesauce

• Always remember: Edit is your friend! :P
    I love it when we get some stupid kid switched to our team because of autobalance, and he proceeds to grief our base and then openly brag about it. In front of admins. Oh, and people who exploit bugs and glitches. They're the coolest.

20. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

[​IMG]
    That is the most pathetic thing we will ever see on the face of the earth.