1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Average age of KAG player?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Obzen, Feb 3, 2012.

?

How old are you?

1. 12 and under

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. 13 - 15

40 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. 16 - 18

34 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. 18+

94 vote(s)
    53.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Statistically speaking, if the vast majority of players are adult men...

So it must be a really manly :D

2. PigeonsPick

PigeonsPick Shipwright

Pretty obvious that smaller children play, but don't visit the forums and participate in the community. It usually works this way.

3. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I wouldn't say the people playing the game aren't the community. In fact, surely they're the biggest part of the community? We're the minority really.

Noburu, Contrary, Rayne and 1 other person like this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

But we play the game, this isn't /v/

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Contrary doesn't play kag.

6. I don't really know how random PUBs (if we are talking about PUBs, not about people who are into "national" websites of KAG) can be a community. They just meet in the game and usually doesn't even remember each other. Their conversations are usually "OMG PUt the OP!!!!!!" and things like that. Why do you call them "the community" then?

7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

You have no idea whether they have their own groups etc, plus a lot will read the blog. Don't forget also there's a lot of people just looking at these threads, but not replying. I go in game sometimes and someone who i've never seen before is like "You're THE Neat right? From the forum?" and i'm pretty sure I would have seen them here on the forum first. Even if people forget each other they are a collective who play kag, and the definition of community is a group of interacting people, who may share common interests or location. The former is what kag community is, in the same way every game has a community beyond its forums.

8. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

The amount of people viewing the forum all the time is quite often high.

Comparing it to Trackmania 's forum, where only 2 people are in the English forums and 40 overall in the forums, the 90ish people it says for KAG's forums right now is amazing to me.

9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

That makes us the underdogs, right? So therefore, we should be able to win every game of KAG we ever play. It's the law of being an underdog. I think.

I've got some calculations on this somewhere...

evol_nomad likes this.
  10. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Nah, champions are minority too. We are the champions. We sneer down at the little newbies. The newbies who beat us in 1 on 1 combat, they're the underdogs.

11. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Ah, but that is an exception; the 4th Law of the Newington's Series explains this quite thoroughly, in that only 12.5% of situations end in a conclusive battle, whereas the champions witness very little.

I'm sure the Average age of a KAG player matters very much in the necessary calculations, as will the number pi.
    (See, still on topic! O.o)

12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

hey i have been referenced a few times

@Bwacket: no u

@Rayne: well I don't play as much anymore but I still do. Mostly only when people call me up to play though.

I will definitely play a whole bunch when zombies comes out.

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Of course they're part of the community! But that said, they're probably more towards the 'surface' end of things rather than the 'deeply involved' end. Just like in any club or organisation, there are those who are on the periphery and those 'core' people who are the mover/shaker types --- those who read the forums are nominally somewhere in the middle of that scale and, depending on how much they post/interact with others, they scale closer/farther from said 'core' of the KAG community.

Which makes it unsurprising (from a psych point of view) that older players form ~60% of those who've responded to the poll --> older people tend to have more developed 'skills and understandings of community' [sorry for the jargon - basically it's a coverall phrase that refers to those collective traits & needs that individuals have/practice that forms the basis upon which a community grows] which leads to them becoming involved in a more formal fashion (in this case, joining and participating in a forum context - rather than just randomly joining games).

Beef likes this.
  14. orionbarth

orionbarth Catapult Fodder

Im only 11

evol_nomad likes this.
  15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

"tend to" - there are always younger people out there who are mature beyond their years. ;)

orionbarth likes this.
  16. orionbarth

Lol I Got it when there were only 4000 people that got an account and 2000 bought and I had bought and now there are 70000 people with acc and 4000 bought:eek:

17. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

People of all ages usually seem to think their one anecdote of that one guy disproves the argument. They've clearly never heard of statistical variance.

That is, if Orion wasn't just chiming in and was related to your post.

18. orionbarth

I didnt get any of that i dont understand

Beef and Rayne like this.
  19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Lol! Nm, orion, just me being wrapped up in my own little world. :rollseyes:

(okay, okay! I'm stopping with the off topic!)

20. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

i think people are wrong when they claim that young people are generally smart and mature, but i think its also wrong to make that generalization about older people as well

seriously adults can be really fucking dumb sometimes

Ej, Rayne, Noburu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.