1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Crash on startup win7 x64 (The display driver has stopped responding and has recovered)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by SonidZero, Feb 10, 2012.

1. SonidZero

SonidZero Catapult Fodder

I'm have the game crash immediately on startup, although the terminal window and launcher window appear, nothing is displayed in the launcher while the terminal shows

[​IMG]

after that, the screen goes black, and returns several seconds later, and a message appears saying "The display driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

The two windows for the game stay up, although they do nothing.

I'm in Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on a Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2011 Model)

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I have passed this on to the developers who should hopefully be able to take a look here in a bit

3. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You appear to still be on Build 274. We're on Build 2841 (281)now. It should automatically update, but for a variety of reasons sometimes that doesn't happen.

Have you tried doing a clean install? Failing that, it could be something as simple as having to update your video drivers.

Edit: Did not know Mac's are a build behind.

4. Heh, my KAG says I'm on 275. Oddly enough, I can play with other players.

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Ej, if you are using a Mac, I think that's normal. FliesLikeABrick asked that earlier and found out that mac is still on Build 275.

Also, why is everyone saying 284? Isn't it 281?
    Build 281.jpg
    That's what mine's says.

Beef likes this.
  6. Poland is too poor for Macs, I use Windows XP.
    And I launched the game with the launcher and in the place you showed it was 281. Last time I checked fullscreen and in the main menu in the right down corner there is small "Build:275". I suggested with this :F.

7. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I believe there are two separate build numbers - one number is for the game engine, and one is for the game itself/content

Ej and Beef like this.
  8. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yep, the engine should say 281, in game in the menu (where it says Multiplayer, Single Player, Quit), at the bottom right it should say 275.