1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Tribes: Ascend [Shazbot General]

Discussion in 'Other games' started by BlueLuigi, Feb 11, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    Link to download: here

Tribes: Ascend is an upcoming free-to-play multiplayer-only first-person shooter part of the Tribes franchise. It is currently being developed by Hi-Rez Studios and was announced on March 11, 2011 at PAX East with an expected release in early 2012. It will be available as a digital download for Microsoft Windows, though Hi-Rez Studios haven't ruled out the possibility of an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 release in the future. Iconic aspects from previous Tribes games such as jetpacks and skiing will be featured in the game.[1] Currently, the game is available to play in the form of a closed beta, with keys given randomly.[2]
    - Wikipedia

Feel free to toss me your ingame name and I can compile a list here, or not, whatever, I don't care, but add me, mine is HeteroTiger.
    SHAZBOT GENERAL.

Arcite, Noburu, WarrFork and 2 others like this.
  2. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

I play sometimes. Name: PotatoMcWhiskey Password: I like cheese.

Arcite and Boxpipe like this.
  3. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Shazbot! all day everyday.

Name is LobsterInvasion.

Arcite likes this.
  4. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Name's Rindfliesch and
    having the graphics go weird and everything bar the sky be varying shades of black
    is my game.

I must say I enjoyed going fast and some how killing people despite this is damn fun.

5. Damn. I lurk only two forums in whole Internet and on both Tribes has it's own thread.
    I feel like I should download it.

GHOZT likes this.
  6. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

You should download it.
    I think he knows your guy's ign. I'll post mine for the sake of it - DarkHairedIrish

7. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Mines Noburu ofc but havent gotten a chance to actually play yet.

8. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Right, but by posting mine, people on the forum see that is not just Luigi silently crusading across the battlefield with a grim lonely smile as he roflstomps.

Boxpipe and FlameHaze3 like this.
  9. I have been so addicted to the game, but I hate how getting anything without paying takes forever.

10. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

*Does the Rain Dance*

Chrispin likes this.
  11. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

All the old players complain about how simple Ascend is compared to games before Vengeance, but I still think it's fun. Plus the game is full of players again with the new F2P model. I've heard that they cancelled Tribes: Universe for this though, which would have supported 100+ players in one server.

Redigit likes this.
  12. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Tested the Alpha version and helped make what Tribes Ascend is right now, anybody can get into the current beta (open beta) through liking it on Facebook for a code.
    Also looking forward to SMITE!

BlueLuigi likes this.
  13. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

I play too. What the heck does Shazbot mean though?

14. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Shazbot means Shazbot and Shazbot is the meaning of life.

Arcite and Noburu like this.
  15. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

You kids... its a swear word substitute from ye old TV shows

16. BlueLuigi

Shazbot is basically like fuck or shit to replace when something went wrong. Missed that flag cap? VGS

Birdman159 and Noburu like this.
  17. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I shall be playing, I am downloading now, G-GHOST is my IGN.

Arcite likes this.
  18. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Damn, been looking for this quite some while now. I would be glad to join once I've bought myself a new computer. Currently sitting on something that is crafted out of stone.

BeasterDenBeast and GHOZT like this.
  19. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Racked up 60hours playtime in the past 10days. My first fps in a decade, shits fun. Cappers are under-compensated score-wise compared to flag defenders though.

SARGRA13, Noburu, cykalu and 2 others like this.
  20. BlueLuigi

Enjoying Raider and Tech still a lot, I have noticed a general lack of teamwork since public release, I've had to teach a lot of people that are coming to attack me, how to attack me.

I had one guy who was infiltrator continually trip my mines and then my turret would kill him, I eventually told him that he needed to pay attention to the turret, walk around the mines to not trip them (Careful going down the shaft) and then perhaps get behind the turret and attack it.

He finally after about 16 attempts got far enough to attack the generator, I didn't intefere and let him down it, and then killed him and reuppedthe gen and told him he needed to think further or he's wasting his lives. He ended up friending me and he joins my games when he sees me on and vice versa, so it worked out, I actually have faith in some of the newcomers there. After so many games where the first thing you do is try to help and people tell you to fuck off, it is very refreshing, especially because I am not great at Shazbot, just decent.

SARGRA13, dnmr, Noburu and 1 other person like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi